Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I will apologize for the picture quality ahead of time but I have kids and pets and bad things can happen to legos in my house. So I took these when I finished this moc this evening I will get a white sheet and head outside to try for better pics tomorrow. Sat down after work today and completed my first moc.

Task 3.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/127332323@N05/5xe789

Princess Rhiannon headed north at first light toward the colorful forest in the distance. She was accompanied by her wolf Hugo and her two axemen Kiril and Yuri. With her fae heritage Rhiannon could feel the faint magical pulse emanating from the forest as soon as she entered. She also spotted a few new animals she wanted to try her gift on but that could wait. After a few bourse ride they came upon a clearing. A huge open meadow that sat on the banks of a modest river. Thick lush greenery told her this was the place to set up their home. Her small ship would be able to make it up the river so a few r rips could have all her people and supplies at this site. After a bit of exploring the meadow they returned to their camp. There would be plenty of work tomorrow.

C&c appreciated. I will be working hard on my trees not real happy with these but i guess they work.

Edited by mlongworth

Most welcome to our newest members! Looking forward to see you in our mighty guild!

Welcome all to Avalonia!

Hey Titus! I'm a knight now! :grin:

Hey Titus! I'm a knight now! :grin:

Wait, what? I turn my back for a week (Normandy, visiting the landing beaches) and suddenly you're a knight? :wink::laugh:

No, congratulations! I'm proud of you, my young padawan knight :wink:

The first part of Aeldric's next chapter is built, now i just need to take pictures of it, edit them, and then build the second part. It's coming soon!

The first part of Aeldric's next chapter is built, now i just need to take pictures of it, edit them, and then build the second part. It's coming soon!

Looking forward to that

Is it okay that I include pictures of your builds on the wiki, so that people can get a better view of Avalonia? Also, I need your help on the wiki. Why isn't anybody helping? All I need is for you guys to each log on for a few days at a time and help me with the editing updating.

For me it's time. I have a full time work, a house , two kids and a huge garden that needs to be taken care of. Time is very limited. I don't have time for lego every day and when I have the time I dont want to Edit wikis, I want to build with My bricks...

And I think that applies to many of the other AFOL in here..

For me it's time. I have a full time work, a house , two kids and a huge garden that needs to be taken care of. Time is very limited. I don't have time for lego every day and when I have the time I dont want to Edit wikis, I want to build with My bricks...

That certainly applies to me as well. As much as I'd like it to be different, I just don't have the time I used to. I can't even comment on half of the MOCs I'd like to that I see on here. I'm just glad when I can get something built, photographed, and posted. Writing a nice story to go with is even getting hard to do currently.

As for the wiki, anyone who likes using the wiki can certainly update it, and feel free to use any of my builds if you like. I personally have never used the wiki, and don't feel it necessary. I also think the majority of the members feel the same way, or the wiki wouldn't have become what it has now. I don't mean to discourage you in your attempt. If it's something you feel passionate about, by all means, continue working on it. It could potentially help recruit new members, which we would all appreciate. However, Many of us are unable to help.

Same here but add a kid and chickens and rabbits and orchard. I prefer to spend my time building. Especially since I just got started.

That certainly applies to me as well. As much as I'd like it to be different, I just don't have the time I used to. I can't even comment on half of the MOCs I'd like to that I see on here. I'm just glad when I can get something built, photographed, and posted. Writing a nice story to go with is even getting hard to do currently.

As for the wiki, anyone who likes using the wiki can certainly update it, and feel free to use any of my builds if you like. I personally have never used the wiki, and don't feel it necessary. I also think the majority of the members feel the same way, or the wiki wouldn't have become what it has now. I don't mean to discourage you in your attempt. If it's something you feel passionate about, by all means, continue working on it. It could potentially help recruit new members, which we would all appreciate. However, Many of us are unable to help.

Same here but add a kid and chickens and rabbits and orchard. I prefer to spend my time building. Especially since I just got started.

I completely understand that many of you are adults, have jobs, family, and that you don't have the time for this. What I don't understand is that the same people who created the wiki, edited it, worked on it, are now saying they can't help. I am not forcing anybody to help, but I'm just going to repeat this one more time. It took me months to know what I know now about this whole Guilds of Historica thing. I am just going to say that it is much easier trying to find something on the wiki than searching through the internet.

Is it okay that I include pictures of your builds on the wiki, so that people can get a better view of Avalonia? Also, I need your help on the wiki. Why isn't anybody helping? All I need is for you guys to each log on for a few days at a time and help me with the editing updating.

I am a teen (one of few on GoH), but i also have responsibilities. My school is intense right now, as we come to a close of the year, and i have several other hobbies. And it would be fine for you to use some of my builds if you want.

I am a teen (one of few on GoH), but i also have responsibilities. My school is intense right now, as we come to a close of the year, and i have several other hobbies. And it would be fine for you to use some of my builds if you want.

Yeah, I understand, because I myself, go to school too, I just happen to be on break. And thank you for letting me use your builds.

Same counts for me. I'm sorry.

LE, remember that this is a hobby, not an obligation. Everyone here has other things taking up their time, and they fit Lego in when they can. People check the forums daily, weekly, or with even less frequency and that doesn't even correlate to available time. Just because someone had time to create the Wiki in the past doesn't mean they have time to update it right now, or even in the next few months. The best thing to do is just mention it on occasion, or continue to ask questions for people to respond to. It's much easier to address individual questions when you only have 5 minutes at a time (like I do). When we start trying to force people into helping out, it becomes a duty instead of something fun and enjoyable.

For me, 2 kids and a busy job have made for very little Lego time. With BrickWorld coming up in June, all of my spare time has been devoted to my GoH build for this event. I have about 10 builds that I still haven't posted from last year's BrickWorld (although they were from Collabs, so none are GoH related except for my Dwarven factions.)

LE, remember that this is a hobby, not an obligation. Everyone here has other things taking up their time, and they fit Lego in when they can. People check the forums daily, weekly, or with even less frequency and that doesn't even correlate to available time. Just because someone had time to create the Wiki in the past doesn't mean they have time to update it right now, or even in the next few months. The best thing to do is just mention it on occasion, or continue to ask questions for people to respond to. It's much easier to address individual questions when you only have 5 minutes at a time (like I do). When we start trying to force people into helping out, it becomes a duty instead of something fun and enjoyable.

For me, 2 kids and a busy job have made for very little Lego time. With BrickWorld coming up in June, all of my spare time has been devoted to my GoH build for this event. I have about 10 builds that I still haven't posted from last year's BrickWorld (although they were from Collabs, so none are GoH related except for my Dwarven factions.)

Okay, I understand that everybody has their own work to do. Sorry, if I acted like I forced you to. I will remember to not do that in the future, and let us put this all behind us. However, I would like to ask one thing. Can we at least put a link to the wiki on every guild page so it is easily accessible?

Okay, I understand that everybody has their own work to do. Sorry, if I acted like I forced you to. I will remember to not do that in the future, and let us put this all behind us. However, I would like to ask one thing. Can we at least put a link to the wiki on every guild page so it is easily accessible?

makes sense

I have a short question again. Am I allowed to use Artorious Rex's sig fig? I'm planning on making some builds for my character's history, which involves the Flight of Dragons.

And this is the build I'm talking about.

Home in a Foreign Land

Edited by LegoEomer