Bricklink V.2.0 is on a roll ...

Well, it's stil the good old V1.0 :sceptic:

Edit : Works now!

Edited by 1974

Me too! This is exactly what BL needs .. an AFOL (fan for 40 years and avid BL user) with 1.6B$ in the bank (<-- so his financial outcome of BL will be peanuts compared to his wealth) .. and I'm sure his kids are happy as well :laugh:

Looks like his team means serious business :thumbup:

Ooh! BL has been in need of an update for a while, glad it'll finally get it!

What do people think of the addition of MOC profiles to the site? Strikes me as odd and a tad unrelated to the purpose of the site. Like if eBay added the ability for you to upload pictures of how you used your purchases!

What do people think of the addition of MOC profiles to the site? Strikes me as odd and a tad unrelated to the purpose of the site. Like if eBay added the ability for you to upload pictures of how you used your purchases!

Exactly! I was wondering about that. I certainly wouldn't use it... There's websites just for that purpose. :look:

I guess Bricklink could often be the first AFOL site newbies come across, so if a gallery inspires them then that's nice. Just seems an odd direction for a resale site to devote time and money to.

Given they are rebuilding from the ground up with competitors already launched, I'd have thought they had enough on their plates.

Can't wait for this! The site's interface can be quite confusing, I still haven't figured it all out.

In regards to the MOC section, I have mixed feelings on it. It doesn't fit the site that well, but It could have some good uses, such as sellers displaying custom kits or MOCs that buyers could build from the pieces the seller is selling.

I'm looking forward to the MOC section. BL is not only a venue for selling, it is also a large LEGO loving and MOC'ing community. Many of the BL members uses EB, Flickr, MOCpages, Brickshelf etc - now they can keep it all at BL. Seems quite natural to. As natural as EB and BS having a sales forum :wink:

The MOC section kinda makes sense to me - inventories for components, links to instructions and all tied to BL shops. Although I think there'll be sticker shock for some of the newbies when they look at the embedded value of the larger MOCs

Selling kits of your mocs is a great idea that fits well. Will be great if folks do that. Why I'm tempted to try! Where do I sign :0)

I'd have thought they had enough on their baseplates.

BAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAAAA! :iamded_lol:

:look:

It would be cool if the images of items for sale were all of a standard size and resolution. Either all photographs or all computer generated. The mixture now makes it very messy looking and where one image serves for all the different colours a part comes in it can be hard to 'see' what you're looking at. Especially when you're trying to amass an amount of stuff for a project. Obviously it would take some time to generate images all in one standard but it would make things easier on the eye and brain. I look at those LDD generated images of parts and half the time I don't know what I'm looking at.

I also hope that the seller/buyer feedback page gets looked at. a higher character limit would be nice. Sometimes you want to be a little more detailed than is currently allowed. perhaps a system more akin to the Ebay form with more check boxes for things like satisfactory communication, well packed, timely shipping etc. Letting other buyers really know what the shopping experience at a store is like. It's all a bit vague as it is right now.

I'm not sure I'd be at all interested in the MOC part of BL. As long as it just sits side by side with the stores and doesn't impinge on them I'm fine with it being there. I only go to BL to shop or browse for reference. In all the years I've been a member I don't think I've ever even looked at the community side of it. Just doesn't interest me.

Given TLG quality issues I'm hoping they come up with a color coding system that fully supports the range of Reddish Brown and White Bricks that TLG have produced recently. From 'Not-quite-white-with-a-hint-of-yellow' to 'It-kinda-looks-like-cream' and 'Dammit-this-is-pale-grey!'

:grin:

What's wrong with 'new&used'? Parts are either that. Sellers may fvck up, but there's nothing in between

TLG's colours are all over the map, impossible for TLG .. and BL to keep track off. Sorry ..

I think BL is just about perfect. One mistake many (new) users do is to treat the search engine as some kind of googletastic wonderthing. Don't do that, look into the Catalog and you'll find everything there in it's right place :wink:

I agree that a more specified feedback system would be good, like ebay

A MOC section would be for the very large community, not for the sellers as such. Remember, BL is _old_ many AFOLs hang around at that place, so a MOC section would be quite natural. It's not just a place to buy parts, it is a community. And yes, that would be a competitor to EB :wink:

What's wrong with 'new&used'? Parts are either that. Sellers may fvck up, but there's nothing in between

Wow, that is an interesting view of the world. "Used" can mean anything from "handled once to sort from box" to "my dog chewed, swallowed and defecated the piece in question". Surely there should be a difference between the two?

Edited by tedbeard

There should be a ban on sellers listing items with teeth marks. Scratches are unavoidable with so many sharp edges to bricks but who wants to buy chewed up parts? I saw one listing the other day that said "has been heavily chewed". Seriously? People expect to sell crud like that?

So yes, clearer data on how bad a part condition is would be good. 'Used', 'Heavily used', 'Used to death' and 'Beyond Useless' would be what I'd be looking for. :wink:

Wow, that is an interesting view of the world. "Used" can mean anything from "handled once to sort from box" to "my dog chewed, swallowed and defecated the piece in question". Surely there should be a difference between the two?

Thank you.

There should be a ban on sellers listing items with teeth marks. Scratches are unavoidable with so many sharp edges to bricks but who wants to buy chewed up parts? I saw one listing the other day that said "has been heavily chewed". Seriously? People expect to sell crud like that?

So yes, clearer data on how bad a part condition is would be good. 'Used', 'Heavily used', 'Used to death' and 'Beyond Useless' would be what I'd be looking for. :wink:

I know I've been disappointed a few times from bricklink sellers passing off pieces that have been tooth gouged. Some so bad that I would even give them to my son, let alone use myself. I just think to myself, for freak sake get a tool dammit! :angry:

I just hope that the whole thing becomes clearer to use. I really think Bricklink could use a more modern approach to web design...

I think that one thing that frustrates old time collectors is that there is no differentiation between older and newer bricks. Granted one reason is confusion... but if you wanted to reconstruct a set from the 1960s or 1970s, it becomes difficult to find older parts, because they are not uniquely identified as "Pat. Pend." (1960s bricks parts have this on the underside)... and "Pat. Pend. erased" (many 1970s parts have the words Pat. Pend. erased on the LEGO mold, thus leaving a lump or gouge where that writing used to be on the underside).

Bricklink does have the (beginning circa 1983) "bricks with cross supports"... but not some of the older identifiers. Ditto for the old Cellulose Acetate parts. You can find some sellers if you know how to do correct searches for sellers of these parts... but it's not an obvious search.