Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Mitgardia has always had a solid number of regular participants, and in Book II, Half of Avalonia moved to Nocturnus. We're rebuilding, so enjoy your run while it lasts.....

Mitgardia has always had a solid number of regular participants

between challenge IV and V we were down to four or so! Way to go Mitgardia, you guys rock!

I 'The Green Bucket' pledge allegiance to Mitigardia.

I'll get my sigfig info and pictures up later, I actually have t build them still. XD (Will be edited wen I get m sig an stuff up.)

Wow, you guys are racking up the new members! I'm going to go check the first post in this thread and see if you're offering free Hobbit sets to new members or something. Maybe the new LotR and Hobbit sets are driving interest in Mitgardia, as it does seem to be the guild most aligned with those themes. Game of Thrones might drive some interest too. We just need TLG and Peter Jackson to come out with desert-oriented sets and movies, and then Kaliphlin will rule!

The Green Bucket you should receive your tracking number in the next 24hours. :tongue:

@NM: well, there was PoP once ... No seriously, I think it's the AoM thing posted on page one that gets people drawn into Mitgardia. The UoP is percieved as too difficult by many beginners and Avalonia's freebuild initiatives don't appear on page one of the Avalonia thread. Nor do they have a seperate thread for it. We already discussed closing Mitgardia for a while, but some thought that that was the wrong way.

Despite SoT leaving I think we're are in better shape ever, which is something we really owe to Eccs, who I think is doing a great job as guild leader! So for book two it seems we have taken over Avalonia's role of being the prime guild (which we have always been anyway :tongue: ) So thanks for that mate!

Thanks :blush:, but don't forget yourself, SK and ofcourse members who are building.

Wow, you guys are racking up the new members! I'm going to go check the first post in this thread and see if you're offering free Hobbit sets to new members or something. Maybe the new LotR and Hobbit sets are driving interest in Mitgardia, as it does seem to be the guild most aligned with those themes. Game of Thrones might drive some interest too. We just need TLG and Peter Jackson to come out with desert-oriented sets and movies, and then Kaliphlin will rule!

When thinking of lotr/hobbit, I'm actually thinking more of Avalonia and Nocturnus. But that's just me.

btw, great seeing a sign of life from you :thumbup:

When thinking of lotr/hobbit, I'm actually thinking more of Avalonia and Nocturnus. But that's just me.

In the more recent sets, with all the dwarves and grey and dark tan bricks, it's looking very Mitgardian to me.

btw, great seeing a sign of life from you :thumbup:

Things are stabilizing enough that I've got some free time to check EB. Unfortunately I'm 2000+ miles from my bricks. Just downloaded LDD to my new computer last night; maybe I'll do some virtual builds.

I found some time to make some real soldiers for Mitgardia: 11384898676_da263cb848_c.jpg

I didn't make more of them, simply because I don't have more green arms. Hope you like it! And yes, that is my crownie-lion knight army in the back.

EDIT: here are some warriors (not soldiers) from the North.

Just Mitgardian warriors:11384936894_30153d2100_c.jpg

And here is a viking army, not from Mitgardia, just vikings:

11351229585_dd6cf60a9d_c.jpg

Hope you like it, and when you ask nicely, I am sure I can make the just vikings fight for Mitgardia!

Edited by jeroenaa

lots of vikings there... :) "when you ask nicely, I am sure I can make the just vikings fight for Mitgardia!" xDD

I finally found a head that's quite simular to Elon's. But a lot more happier. Yes he can smile... one in a while...

You don't want a face smiling, you can find this in 40083 Holiday Set. What di you think Ecc? :classic:

3626bpb450.jpg?1

the viking figs have been here since the beginning of book I but a mere auxiliary unit from the clanlands, still nice collection you got there!

@Ecclesiastes: With the originals gone and you promoted to Jarlhood we really should have new Hersirs I think!

You don't want a face smiling, you can find this in 40083 Holiday Set. What di you think Ecc? :classic:

That was my old choice, but this new king head has way more simularities :wink:

the viking figs have been here since the beginning of book I but a mere auxiliary unit from the clanlands, still nice collection you got there!

@Ecclesiastes: With the originals gone and you promoted to Jarlhood we really should have new Hersirs I think!

I still think some of those viking torso's are the best LEGO ever made!

You're right(to be continued!)