Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Heyyy there guys! been afk for some time *garden challenges* and i see you got new story up.

i would like to sign up again! and i am going to 1st page to read the whole story :) winter is coming and i will have some nice time mocing for Mitgardia! :)

again hello to all fellow guildmembers!

I signed up, don't know for wich side yet. Do I get a PM 1st November? Or is it posted in the thread? And how do the figs have to look? What kind of uniform should they have? I don't want to look stupid in front of all those not-Mitgardians.

I'm GUESSING that it'll be posted in the second post of the challenge thread, as that is looking like it's going to be a list of participants. The figs should look cool!

The figs should look cool!

Yeah, that isn't really helpful.

I don't want to make a MOC with orcs when there need to be zombies, as an example.

So, what should the figs look like?

Heyyy there guys! been afk for some time *garden challenges* and i see you got new story up.

i would like to sign up again! and i am going to 1st page to read the whole story :) winter is coming and i will have some nice time mocing for Mitgardia! :)

again hello to all fellow guildmembers!

You couldn't have come back at a better time :thumbup:

I don't want to make a MOC with orcs when there need to be zombies, as an example.

Nocturnus has just about whatever kind of figs you can think of, you could check out the Tribes minichallenge to get some ideas :classic:

Nocturnus has just about whatever kind of figs you can think of, you could check out the Tribes minichallenge to get some ideas :classic:

Thanks, I will look at them. Basicly, every fig I want to include (medieval time, not city minifigs) is good, from orcs to elves and minotaurs? Awesome, this has given me some cool ideas. Can't wait to hear on what side I will "fight". But should my sigfig be included somehow?

Sorry! What I meant by it is, Nocturnus has pretty much anything you can think of, from zombies to orcs, from vampires to evil elves, from dwarves to humans, from spider people to whatever your imagination throws out. Consider maybe faction colours (red and gold for Nocty loyalists and white and black for the black spire), but other than that, it's pretty much the rule of cool; there's no hard and fast rules. Nocturnus hasn't ever had much of a unified military force, unlike the other guilds, so there's not a standardised uniform. This really helps, because I can build a rag tag band of individuals without having to have multiples of certain pieces. The other guilds, even if it's not totally prescriptive, have a style that's associated- Avalonian knights, Mitgardian Nordic influences, Kaliphlin desert robes (note that isn't the be all and end all of styles). Nocturnus is dark, weird and evil looking, a home for those who would be hunted as monsters in other guilds. What I really hope we see is everyone's imaginations run wild, and we get some cool Nocty figs out of it.

For example, my sig-fig is a half vampire, who leads an army whose core is zombies. However, he's got a bunch of werewolves, skeletons, orcs, Night Elves, cyclops, and other assorted races under his command. Ranged against him are the Black Spire forces of human Varylioans (what's the actual plural of Varylio?), Drow, and orcs, plus whatever else allies themselves to Ravaage.

Hope that's a little more helpful! :)

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Hope that's a little more helpful! :)

Indeed it is! Thanks, and I am sorry for being a bit rude. As said, I have some nice ideas for the figs (not telling yet!). I have quite a few orcs and skelletons, but for the rest I am not telling a thing, see it as a surprise.

Can't wait to see some builds and figs others have come up with.

If I am correct, you can start building from 1st of November, that being the date of wich you are assigned on wich you are fighting. Is that true?

@jeroenaa don't worry I wasn't too helpful myself initially! I think you can start building anytime, you just can't post an entry till you've been assigned a side (and obviously not knowing your side may affect the sort of build ideas you have). Having said that, we have till January to post entries, so speed isn't necessary. I must admit though, one of the challenges fits a build I've had planned for a while, so I could potentially crack out an entry pretty quickly. I reckon quality is the thing to aim for, you want to give your side as much of a fighting chance as possible!

Yeah, quality is very important. I think I will make a MOC directly when I know on wich side I fight, and then don't do anything with it for a week orso, and then see if I still like it. If not, I change some things and then you can all enjoy it, atleast I hope so. How do you do that? I can make a WIP thread for suggestions, but I don't really like that.

Well my free build is progressing quickly, just guessing, but I think it weighs upwards of 35 pounds now and there's still quite a bit left to build :look:

I'll probably be able to post it very near the beginning of November, depending on how my pieces hold out. Little hint as to what the storyline for the build will be focused on: Glorfindel's family (I realized I haven't really done anything concerning that yet :blush: ).

That sounds promising! 35 pounds, that is about 16 kilos? That is quite heavy, so I suppose it is really big!

I've decided not to enter AOM because I'm getting my bricks ready for Challenge 1. If I'm assigned to Nocty, my sigfig will appear in the MOCs but with more Nocty-esque clothing, and I have some evil characters up my sleeve if I'm assigned to the Black Spire.

Anyone see this?

Kaliphlin thinks we'll slow down! Let's show em'! The glory of Mitgardia will never fade! :devil:

Trust me, the cold will get to you fellows eventually. Or we'll warm up and slow you down.

Trust me, the cold will get to you fellows eventually. Or we'll warm up and slow you down.

Actually the 'warmer' other guilds get the more I build :look:

Well my free build is progressing quickly, just guessing, but I think it weighs upwards of 35 pounds now and there's still quite a bit left to build :look:

I'll probably be able to post it very near the beginning of November, depending on how my pieces hold out. Little hint as to what the storyline for the build will be focused on: Glorfindel's family (I realized I haven't really done anything concerning that yet :blush: ).

I'm looking forward to November now :moar:

Actually the 'warmer' other guilds get the more I build :look:

It FIRES us up! :grin:

Welcome back Gunman! :classic:

Let's make Mitgardia proud in the challenge! :wink:

It FIRES us up! :grin:

...Let's make Mitgardia proud in the challenge! :wink:

That's right :wink::laugh: !

It seems like a good number of Mitgardians will be participating in the challenge (including me :wink: ), I'm trying to finish the MCB entry before then...

Good to have you back, Gunman! :sweet:

Good! I really hope a lot of Mitgardians enter! It seems like our guild just keeps getting bigger, Mitgardia and Nocturnus are getting lots of new members.

Good! I really hope a lot of Mitgardians enter! It seems like our guild just keeps getting bigger, Mitgardia and Nocturnus are getting lots of new members.

See, that's what I mean. You can expand forever, someday you'll pop! :tongue:

See, that's what I mean. You can expand forever, someday you'll pop! :tongue:

Eh, we're like a gas. We expand to fill any unoccupied space.

Must be a really small space... :tongue:

Stink like one too. I can smell you over the delightful smell of our bogs.

Edited by Lord Vladivus

So now we know why kelp is green and sea-horses are yellow...

:laugh: