Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Is it possible that there is still one more Simpsons set that has yet to be revealed as it is an exclusive ? I think that was the case with TMNT theme, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edited by Legoman123

Is it possible that there is still one more Simpsons set that has yet to be revealed as it is an exclusive ? I think that was the case with TMNT theme, correct me if I'm wrong though.

If it does follow the TMNT line, I'm sure there will be, hopefully with the Wiggums or something.

If it does follow the TMNT line, I'm sure there will be, hopefully with the Wiggums or something.

Well I am still hoping for Moe's tavern, even though some people say that it can't be made because of the alcohol I think it can be. But that's just me. :wink:

Edit: There is also no £40 Simpsons set, just like the TMNT theme, there wasn't a £40 set until they revealed the exclusive. So I suppose that we will be getting an exclusive £40 Simpsons set. Just a thought.

Edited by Legoman123

I should imagine Bart's treehouse could be it's own set:

http://cache.lego.com/e/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/31010?$main$

Something like this perhaps?

I don't think we are going to get Bart's treehouse I'm the winter line up. I don't think it will be included in the house either as its a £70 set so Lego will need to concentrate on getting that right, e.g. Rooms in the house.

The treehouse would be a good choice for a late summer release as it could easily be done as the "Treehouse of Terror" for Halloween.

Well I am still hoping for Moe's tavern, even though some people say that it can't be made because of the alcohol I think it can be. But that's just me. :wink:

Edit: There is also no £40 Simpsons set, just like the TMNT theme, there wasn't a £40 set until they revealed the exclusive. So I suppose that we will be getting an exclusive £40 Simpsons set. Just a thought.

Use moe's shotgun to eject the drunkards from the bar and stop barney from raiding the duff truck. To be quite honest I'm looking forward to the Mr burns figure which was mentioned in the set list! Just him being made a character is pretty brilliant. Edited by legofreak86

As much as I would love Moe's tavern... I think it would just be as awesome to get the The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop (comic book store) as the exclusive, what do you guys think the chances are about getting that ?

Edited by Legoman123

LEGO Simpsons? I don't know. The Simpsons is from the late 80's. As in NINETEEN-80's. They should have done it 30 years ago, when the Simpsons where still populair. I mean, what's next? LEGO A-team, LEGO Buck Rogers, LEGO Knightrider? I think just a few Simpsons enthausiasts are going to buy a set. Besides, maybe I'm an oldfasioned guy, but what's wrong with making your own set from your regulair pile and fill in the blancs and inacuraties with imagination?

LEGO Simpsons? I don't know. The Simpsons is from the late 80's. As in NINETEEN-80's. They should have done it 30 years ago, when the Simpsons where still populair.

The height of The Simpsons' popularity was in the 90's. It's still a popular show today. Just look at the TV Viewing Ratings.

That might be but waiting 30 years to make a Simpsons theme kit? I used to play with my regulair LEGO mini's and made up the rest of the story. Nowadays everything has to look as real as possible, leaving little room for a kid's interpetation. From a creative/educational point of view, I'd think this is a bad idea. (IMHO that also goes for Harry Potter, LOTR, Marvel Superheroes, etcetera. No offence. :wink: ) From a collector of LEGO and/or Simpsons, there could be a market for it.

It's not really waiting 30 years. LEGO didn't start doing licensed themes at all until Star Wars, but I don't see them having the capability ten or even five years ago to do something like the Simpsons. LEGO is so much of a bigger brand now that they can do something geared toward a slightly older demographic. Maybe little kids aren't so into The Simpsons, but plenty of college-aged and older people are.

It'll all come down to how the minifigs look for this one, so I for one am eagerly awaiting pictures.

LEGO Simpsons? I don't know. The Simpsons is from the late 80's. As in NINETEEN-80's. They should have done it 30 years ago, when the Simpsons where still populair. I mean, what's next? LEGO A-team, LEGO Buck Rogers, LEGO Knightrider? I think just a few Simpsons enthausiasts are going to buy a set. Besides, maybe I'm an oldfasioned guy, but what's wrong with making your own set from your regulair pile and fill in the blancs and inacuraties with imagination?

30 years ago (that would be 1983), The Simpsons didn't exist. The show began in 1989, with the Christmas episode - just barely sneaking into 1989 under the wire with the series debut, and that was the only episode seen before 1990, unless you count the original shorts from The Tracey Ullman Show, and even that only began in 1987.

Moreover, unlike The A-Team, Buck Rogers and Knight Rider, The Simpsons is still running, without having been rebooted or anything like that. It's a special case, as is Star Wars.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with making your own set from your regular pile and fill in the blanks and inaccuracies with imagination, but the question of whether to license or not was decidedly, definitively resolved over a decade ago.

I mean, what's next? LEGO A-team

Yes, please. :wub:

Regardless of how popular the series may be right now, the Simpsons line is happening. Perhaps it isn't a constructive (pun intended) part of conversation to debate viability any longer. Unless one of you guys can fire up the way-back machine to release these 20 years ago, the point is moot.

Nothing of importance, but I was going to add with the other 80s "themes," thanks to CUUSOO they will be releasing at least one other 80s franchise and possibly 2 (with Ghostbusters as a possibility). Meaning, there is definitely room for other 80s themed sets out there.

As far as Simpson's go, I agree about timing. If you look at the early molds with the SW license compared to molds/printing now, I don't think they would have been able to do the theme back then. If they did, it wouldn't be very impressive. However, now is the best time to do it due to the technology. I am also awaiting pictures, but I don't see any reason why they won't knock this out of the park.

Two locations LEGO wouldn't want to touch is the power plant and the bar.

Well techically the $20 set is part of the power plant. In terms of Moes tavern, I could see why many people think it wouldn't be made. However I think it will be eventually, it may even be a Toys 'R' us Exculsive this year. LEGO has made Taverns in the past with The Hobbit and Pirates of the Caribbean. While these past taverns have been in historical settings I don't see why Moe's wouldn't be made at some point. After all it isn't like the Winchester which is realistic, Moe's is very cartoonish and about the characters over the content.

Nothing of importance, but I was going to add with the other 80s "themes," thanks to CUUSOO they will be releasing at least one other 80s franchise and possibly 2 (with Ghostbusters as a possibility). Meaning, there is definitely room for other 80s themed sets out there.

Well, as noted, this isn't even that much of an '80s theme itself - unless you count "the 1980s" as including 1990, there is exactly one episode released in the 1980s, and over 500 released in the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s. Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Marvel and DC Superheroes are all much more 1980s themes than The Simpsons.

Well techically the $20 set is part of the power plant. In terms of Moes tavern, I could see why many people think it wouldn't be made. However I think it will be eventually, it may even be a Toys 'R' us Exculsive this year. LEGO has made Taverns in the past with The Hobbit and Pirates of the Caribbean. While these past taverns have been in historical settings I don't see why Moe's wouldn't be made at some point. After all it isn't like the Winchester which is realistic, Moe's is very cartoonish and about the characters over the content.

What was the Hobbit tavern ?

He probably means the Barrel Escape, though that's really more of a wine cellar.

I can see TLG staying away from making Moe's and just spreading Moe and his regular customers over a few different sets. That way you could still make one yourself.

He probably means the Barrel Escape, though that's really more of a wine cellar.

I can see TLG staying away from making Moe's and just spreading Moe and his regular customers over a few different sets. That way you could still make one yourself.

Do you think the comic book store is possible then ?

The comic book store is definitely a possibility, but I don't think it's quite recurring enough to warrant a set yet. Nor do enough characters interact with it. A Kwik-E-Mart set would be much more likely because it features so prominently, and could involve any of the family plus Apu, Flanders, Snake, and many more.

A scientist lab with Frink seems like a good set possibility because it could involve a cool contraption or two for the meat of the set. While, like the comic shop, Frink's lab doesn't show up that often, it just has a lot more potential for a cool set than a comic store, IMO.

Do you think the comic book store is possible then ?

The comic book store is definitely a possibility, but I don't think it's quite recurring enough to warrant a set yet. Nor do enough characters interact with it. A Kwik-E-Mart set would be much more likely because it features so prominently, and could involve any of the family plus Apu, Flanders, Snake, and many more.

A scientist lab with Frink seems like a good set possibility because it could involve a cool contraption or two for the meat of the set. While, like the comic shop, Frink's lab doesn't show up that often, it just has a lot more potential for a cool set than a comic store, IMO.

I'm calling it. Comic Book Store set as a retailer exclusive (Toys"R"Us I guess). $40- Comic Book Guy, Eddie or Lou (or both if we take out Bart), Clancy Wiggum, Ralph Wiggum, and our fourth Bart. :tongue:

Heck, we don't even need Bart! This set would be something like Baxter's Robot Rampage or the Barrel Escape.

Edited by just2good