Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

No need for pictures, you could just let me know! I have neither figures that's why I'm not sure

She's about one brick taller than Abe.

Actually the more pictures I see the less ugly they look. It's weird and goofy looking, but honestly it's grown on me. Still from the side they look horrible, but at least when they're facing the camera they don't look half bad.

Just looks so amateur, those hair pieces wouldnt cut it in lego, too skinnywould break and bend allover. And those noses looks awful, all lego noses looks bad.

TVG2.jpg

Why is everyone so furious about the fact they have printed heads? I don't think it looks that bad. If I wanted accurately sculpted un-LEGO heads i'd go buy an action figure. I don't hate the molded heads but why would the fact they have printed faces in the episode make it any less enjoyable to watch.

Why is everyone so furious about the fact they have printed heads? I don't think it looks that bad. If I wanted accurately sculpted un-LEGO heads i'd go buy an action figure. I don't hate the molded heads but why would the fact they have printed faces in the episode make it any less enjoyable to watch.

I believe that first question has been answered. A lot of us think they're horribly ugly. And also it'll be less enjoyable because everything is horribly ugly. Reminds me of MegaBloks. ;p

I believe that first question has been answered. A lot of us think they're horribly ugly. And also it'll be less enjoyable because everything is horribly ugly. Reminds me of MegaBloks. ;p

Agreed you can play the greatest song in the world, but if people are looking at crap while listening to it then it suffer because of it.

They're trying to build the school!

Personally, they've grown on me. The show is built on parodies (pun not intended), so the fact that they don't look normal is fine. The cast and writers have worked hard to make it, and I can't wait for the episode to be out.

Just looks so amateur, those hair pieces wouldnt cut it in lego, too skinnywould break and bend allover.

Well this is Homer's hallucination... And he's an idiot, so of course his version of Lego parts wouldn't be practical or good looking. I think people are forgetting that this is a very stupid man's hallucination, so it looks this way on purpose. In the story I don't think Homer would be smart enough to use sculpted Lego heads, he'd obviously just imagine normal Lego heads (As that's what he's familiar with).

Well this is Homer's hallucination... And he's an idiot, so of course his version of Lego parts wouldn't be practical or good looking. I think people are forgetting that this is a very stupid man's hallucination, so it looks this way on purpose. In the story I don't think Homer would be smart enough to use sculpted Lego heads, he'd obviously just imagine normal Lego heads (As that's what he's familiar with).

Thats just making up excuses. They have not designed the lego to look bad on purpose.

It all comes down to costs. I'm pretty darned sure this is the best they could do with their budget for the episode.

Jeeeeesus, what's everyone complaining for? It's just a fun episode of a cartoon. Didn't the idea to do the epsiode come before the mini figs? Imagin the extra cost it'd take than image the molded heads.

I imagine TLG saw the epsiode and thought the molded heads would be better for the actual release.

Thats just making up excuses. They have not designed the lego to look bad on purpose.

I'm not making up anything. The episode is Homer's dream, that is confirmed. From a logical standpoint that means when he was a child there was only one type of Lego head, so naturally that would be what he would use in his dream. It would make no logical sense if in his Lego dream everyone had Lego bodies but regular human heads. And I don't think it looks bad either. It's goofy and amateur, but funny looking and I feel like that's on purpose. Believe what you want, but I see the logic in the choice of regular heads and I find it acceptable within the premise of the story.

In the sets it makes sense to have molded heads, but in story it just wouldn't.

^

Regardless of the story, I don't see how the use of normal heads that make these minifigures look terrible is at all funny. It's also somewhat naïve to say that the moulded heads won't make sense for the story: if it is really a dream then Homer could just as easily imagine everyone having moulded heads. To me, everything about this episode screams a lack of budget and a lack of effort, which is a major disappointment.

Does everybody want lego to have to spend the time and money used for designing sets to make molded heads for everyone in the town? They can't use half molded half regular, that would look stupid. The episode was made before the heads were fully done. I like the molded heads loads better, but the show is supposed to kind of make things look stupid, so this fits perfectly.

To me, everything about this episode screams a lack of budget and a lack of effort, which is a major disappointment.

The Simpsons have been screaming 'Lack of effort' for the last 15 years. Have you noticed that the only time the show makes the news is when they do gimmicks like this and the couch gags by x.

The CGI/Stop motion figures look like hot garbage.

^

I'll be honest, having only been watching the Simpsons or about 10 years, I've not noticed the drop in quality as much as people who have been watching it for far longer will have noticed. What I have noticed though is that each series has less and less episodes which I want to watch/re-watch, so I suppose that is evidence of the quality dropping. But the show has been around for so long now, so what is to be expected?

I'm pretty sure this is the answer, and not just for the story. I'd imagine non-AFOLs watching the episode would be confused why the characters would have their own heads on LEGO bodies. While that is a different kind of funny, I don't think it works with the waking up to find everything made of LEGO plot and defeats that joke a little. But maybe that's just me...

Agreed you can play the greatest song in the world, but if people are looking at crap while listening to it then it suffer because of it.

Disagreed. When I watch cartoons, I may cringe at a bad animation style for a while, but if the writing and characters make up for it, I'll get over it quickly.

Edited by Super Fish Oil

I agree with the other guy that it's an excuse. The real reason is the production budget. Anything else is forced due to circumstance.

While these don't look as good as the actual minifigs I'm kind of digging them. I would like to her those hair pieces to use in other figs.

I don't think the show has dropped in quality, people that watched it as a kid are in thier 30's and 40's now so they have out grown the show or just don't get the jokes anymore. The show isn't targeted at 30 and 40 something's it's targeted at 16 to 24 year olds. I don't watch it like I used to but when I do catch it it is still funny.

It's not so much a drop in quality, it's more to do with it changing over the years. Me and my girlfriend have been watching it from series 1 the past few months when theres nothing else on, and the show is very much an animated sitcom. Now days it's treated more as a "lol random" affair, competing with the likes of other shows such as Family Guy.

The first 11 series are great, you can completely see a change in direction around the start of series 10 though.

Also, to say the simpsons is just aimed at people from 16 - 24 is totally wrong, whole families used to watch this show. That might have changed in the past few years (I wouldn't know, the new stuff isn't for me), but back then everyone loved it. There were characters and jokes (surprisingly a lot of subtle jokes about drug use like weed) for every demographic.

Edited by iamste

^

Regardless of the story, I don't see how the use of normal heads that make these minifigures look terrible is at all funny. It's also somewhat naïve to say that the moulded heads won't make sense for the story: if it is really a dream then Homer could just as easily imagine everyone having moulded heads. To me, everything about this episode screams a lack of budget and a lack of effort, which is a major disappointment.

Homer's an idiot, he's stupid enough to think that these minifigures are cool and good looking. And molded heads wouldn't make sense. They look exactly like their real heads, it would be like me having a dream where everything was Lego except for people's heads. If you want to believe they did this out of laziness or lack of budget fine, but personally I think the logic is there, so I'm not bothered by the decision.

Edited by strangely

^

You raise valid points. I do admit that the heads being used are logical for the episode, but maintain the opinion that the moulded heads would have been equally logical seeing as it is meant to be a dream. Nothing will make it so that I change my opinion about the decision to use moulded heads, but I may be able to somewhat look past it if the episode is really good. As for your viewpoint, to each their own I guess.

I'm not making up anything. The episode is Homer's dream, that is confirmed. From a logical standpoint that means when he was a child there was only one type of Lego head, so naturally that would be what he would use in his dream. It would make no logical sense if in his Lego dream everyone had Lego bodies but regular human heads. And I don't think it looks bad either. It's goofy and amateur, but funny looking and I feel like that's on purpose. Believe what you want, but I see the logic in the choice of regular heads and I find it acceptable within the premise of the story.

In the sets it makes sense to have molded heads, but in story it just wouldn't.

The problem is you shouldn't have to force logic here. It's 100% obvious they wouldn't ever CHOOSE to do that if they had a choice. It's working with what they've got. Nobody went into the writer's room and said "lets have a Lego episode but make the Legos WRONG because Homer is an idiot!" but instead I guarantee you they just got stuck with this. That is why this is stupid.

^

So you consider using a traditional Lego head as making Lego wrong? I'm not going to blame them for deciding to make minifigures out of actual minifigure parts rather than jamming action figure heads onto a minifigure body.

Homer would have grown up with the traditional minifigure. So it's no mystery why his version of Springfield would contain minifigures that conform to the standard.

Edited by strangely

^ I think what others are getting at is while that makes sense, if FOX and LEGO had more time and money, they would have used the molded heads. That's my theory anyway.