Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Just got my Apu, yay!! Another LEGO store, second bag I was feeling. Very lucky...haha!! They're complete now :laugh:

I found a basically untouched box of them at my local Target outside of Houston, Texas. Was able to feel out all 16 in about 30 minutes. So far I have only opened 3 of them (I am savoring the joy of opening them) but I am fairly confident I nailed it. These are pretty easy to feel out based on accessories. I only had a hard time with Milhouse vs Ralph Wiggum but I am pretty sure their head shape gave them away.

10277653_10104761814043364_3667656526012966523_n.jpg

Edited by Swampthing

Ralphs head is so bulky and round I really had no problem with that. Seems I was the only one having a problem findig Ape though :D Maybe because it took me about 45 minutes to feel out all of them ;)

Ralphs head is so bulky and round I really had no problem with that. Seems I was the only one having a problem findig Ape though :D Maybe because it took me about 45 minutes to feel out all of them ;)

Ya it took me the longest to find Krusty. I came across 2 additional Apu's while searching for Krusty, maybe I should have grabbed them....Ralph and Milhouse were just the 2 that I couldn't determine due to accessories since they both have a 2x2 plate. The heads did seem to give it away.

Edited by Swampthing

The website has been updated! :wub:

Homer is the perfect father, at least in his own mind. He’s loving (of burgers), devoted (to napping), and patient (when he has no other choice). His interests include hanging out with his pals at Moe’s Tavern, and getting fired from his job at the Springfield Nuclear Plant almost every week.

I'm surprised they mentioned Moe's! :laugh:

They also have wallpapers, but they advertise one of the whole series while there's only one of Bart and Lisa. I want the series shot. :sad:

Edited by just2good

Went to the lego store this morning and felt out 9 packs. I need to go back and find Apu and Maggie. Passing on Marge. (I just can't get over the lack of shoe detail), Wiggam, Nelson, Krusty, and Grandpa.

In hand the figs are more impressive than anticipated although I strongly dislike the soft plastic heads on itchy, scratchy, and burns. Can anyone tell me which type of plastic Apu has?

I'm pretty glad that the most common of the figures are the main family, makes finding the ones I want easier for me ;)

Apu has a normal hard plastic head! Itchy, Scratchy and Burns are the only 2 figs with soft rubber heads!

Apu has a normal hard plastic head! Itchy, Scratchy and Burns are the only 3 figs with soft rubber heads!

Thanks! I'm not sure why I missed him yesterday. He was one of the first bags I set aside to purchase but I suppose he got lost in the mix.

These don't seem to be in any Targets or Walmarts by me.

Have Targets check the DPCI for them: 204 00 0261 If you're not able to find them, it's probably sold out as a bunch of Targets broke street date last week.

Picked up 4 today, got Homer, Bart, Maggie and Lisa! :D I'm super happy, gonna pick up 4 more tomorrow and will hopefully get Marge and Milhouse! :)

These don't seem to be in any Targets or Walmarts by me.

I have the same problem. Normally the Meijer gets them here (NW Ohio), but they've had nothing since the Lego Movie minifigs flew off the shelves. I'm hoping they just haven't gotten them in my area yet as opposed to not ordering them in the first place.

Thankfully a Target near me had them a week or so ago. Which is odd since normally they don't have anything until months later. But I did pick up the entire 16 in one shot, which is incredibly rare. I didn't care much for the price tag though.

And because of that price I am not picking up extras like I usually do. I bought an extra Maggie and Lisa for my daughter, but I would have picked up extra Apus or Homers for the tiles.

I was worried the heads would be hard to figure out, but most of them weren't too bad. But if you feel for the accessories it is a dead giveaway outside of Ralph/Milhouse since they have the same accessory with short legs, so you have to feel for the head. But Ralph is rather squat/round so it wasn't too hard after all.

Hopefully the MMO series will have great accessories too.

I realized today during physical therapy that there is a Target right nearby. So I went to the Target (Waterford, CT) and lo and behold, there they were. I did some feeling around and expected it to be easy to feel, but man, it's a bit difficult especially with the folded up paper in there making it somewhat difficult to differentiate things. I'll need to practice more. Still, I did manage to pick up 11 of them before I figured that since I'll be back on Wednesday, I can stop by again to get more. Here is my breakdown:

Scratchy

Lisa

Homer

Krusty

Ned

Nelson (x2) My only repeat.

Milhouse

Mr. Burns

Apu

Bart.

Not bad. Got me 6 more to try and feel out and find next Wednesday.

I had very little trouble finding 9 of the 16 :grin: ......actually found Itchy but didn't buy him because there was no Scratchy.....aw ! :cry_sad:

I'll try another Kmart this morning to see if I can fix up the other 5.......oh, man my son doesn't know yet ! :blush: (ouch, he'll break my wallet for sure as he'll want them all too ! :laugh: )

Edit - I thought only now to add this......but who is going to reverse engineer the buildings from that show ? :grin:

(I'm going to try.....as soon as we get it in Oz.....oh, wait......YouTube ! :laugh: )

Edited by lightningtiger

How long will be it before one of our members knock up Moe's Tavern....complete with a Love Tester machine ? :laugh:

I feel that the reason why the heads look odd is that they are all well, true minifigs :tongue: and our beloved collectables look too much - their heads that is - like the actual cartoon characters which seem to be the basis of the story.....Homer is going nuts, as usual ! :laugh: