Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Hi all, looks like I'm a bit late to the party! the new Anakin looks good. The rebel pilot is very detailed I want to get my hands on him! This image I'm going to show you may have been posted here before so apologies if it has:star-wars.jpg

Edited by Tariq j

The only thing that new about Anakin is his face print. Hopefully the other side has a similar expression but with no headset.

Also, I find it hilarious how LEGO seems to think ROTS Anakin has the same hair as CW Anakin. They should be giving ROTS Anakin reddish brown hair like the new AOTC Obi-Wan. It's so much more appropriate to the character.

He looks so boyish.

Really? He really doesn't look that young, though I think he doesn't look exactly Anakin-like, I'm not sure what it is. :wacko:

Anakin's new face looks pretty cool. At least its a little more consistant with the AOTC figure, rather than that and ROTS Anakin looking like two completely different characters. Wish they changed the hairpiece to something a little more accurate. I'd like to see Obi-Wan get an updated pilot variant at some point.

his leg printing is also new. the T part in the middle has a printing, the old one didn't.

The last two versions had the same leg printing.

sw361.jpg?4sw419.jpg?1

Edited by wesker

Wish they changed the hairpiece to something a little more accurate.

That's my wish for all versions of Anakin. I really just wish they'd sculpt new hairpieces for all three movies he appears in (A padawan hairpiece for episode 2 would have been awesome). I've yet to see a hairpiece that actually portrays him well. I will say the lighter hair is at least an improvement, however the color they used for the first episode 3 variation seemed more accurate to me. I'm surprised they didn't use the Dastan hairpiece, that at least has the length of the hair correct. I also wish they would fix the leg printing, the black parts look too wide to me, it should be more similar to his Episode 2 legs which would look sleeker.

Edited by strangely

Well in my opinion I believe in that saying "If it's not broken don't fix it." Anakin's leg printing from last year looked fine, so I don't see why people wanted it to change. I agree with brickdoctor about his facial expression not looking good, not because I think it's childish, but because it doesn't really fit his character, meaning that he doesn't look serious enough like he was in the scene.

Well in my opinion I believe in that saying "If it's not broken don't fix it." Anakin's leg printing from last year looked fine, so I don't see why people wanted it to change.

It could be more accurate is all. It doesn't ruin my opinion of the figure or anything, it could just be better. Plus they'll label this as a "new" figure when really all they've done is change the head. It doesn't really feel new to me when almost everything is the same. This kind of fits under the "with a new hat" category (Pardon the Simpsons reference).

Hey, new member here, have we seen any (confirmed) pictures of the Coruscant Police Gunship yet?

Nope, we haven't seen any yet.

Thank you!! How about any of the other sets? (excluding at-ap and droid gunship)

We have seen most sets, but the pictures are all confidential, so we can't post them. I do have them saved on my PC, but i cant send them over 2 you, because you don't have access to the PM system yet.

Edited by Cyberbricker

The last two versions had the same leg printing.

Oops, I wasn't aware, although I have the one from Mustafar set.

We have seen most sets, but the pictures are all confidential, so we can't post them. I do have them saved on my PC, but i cant send them over 2 you, because you don't have access to the PM system yet.

could you send them to me.

I took the plunge and got a deal on 5 of the new X-Wing pilots. I'll post pics of my newly kitted out rebel fleet when they arrive.

I went for some too to update our Luke (using the latest Snow Speeder head) and Gold Leader. They're fantastic figures - the printing is wonderful, especially the orange goggles. The flare cartridges and harness straps on the legs make them just about perfect IMO.

So whats the thoughts on the exclusive? Do you guys think it will be Cloud City, or The Sandcrawler?

Edited by Legoman123

So whats the thoughts on the exclusive? Do you guys think it will be Cloud City, or The Sandcrawler?

It seems LEGO always does some sort of big set in the summer wave. Cloud City, I think, is more of an "Ewok Village-type set." It's not like a ship but more like a giant scene from the movie.

By the way, is there something wrong with the lack of leaked official pictures? I mean, has it ever been this late? I know there is no set "date" but I am wondering if LEGO did something to make sure they don't get leaked until the official catalog.

last thing i heard was that they wont be out untill february???? missing leaked pics... in my dreams it is because they are making changes in line up due to the cancellation of the 3-d movie.

btw... as far as i know disney are going to send out 2 tv specials with darth vader in spring next year. wouldnt lego be ready to follow up with a least one system set during the summer wave if that is the truth?

Edited by donbarca

could you send them to me.

To avoid trouble, you should just Google it. You can come up with answers in about 0.43 seconds apparently.

That's really hard to say at this point. I know a lot of people would like a Sandcrawler, but we haven't had Cloud City since 2003. But even the Sandcrawler was from just two years later... :sceptic:

last thing i heard was that they wont be out untill february???? missing leaked pics... in my dreams it is because they are making changes in line up due to the cancellation of the 3-d movie.

btw... as far as i know disney are going to send out 2 tv specials with darth vader in spring next year. wouldnt lego be ready to follow up with a least one system set during the summer wave if that is the truth?

Is this an animated two episode special?

Edited by Legoman123

Do any of these sets we are talking about come out in December?

I doubt it. The new Hobbit sets are due December. TLG try not to release all the news sets at once. It is very likly they won't be out till Feb. But some places may get them before that; like Germany.

I doubt it. The new Hobbit sets are due December. TLG try not to release all the news sets at once. It is very likly they won't be out till Feb. But some places may get them before that; like Germany.

I think we will see some of the superheroes sets in December as well.