Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Taken from Hothbricks, looks like LEGO made a typo on 75049's box. I believe it should be Ralter and not Raltar.

Is his surname spelled out on the scripts or something? Because the credits don't list any surname. Since the EU isn't canon any more...

14089985410_650b4f7b50_o.jpg

It's not even the worst typo on the cover! ;)

Edited by Robianco

It's not even the worst typo on the cover! ;)

Hahaha nice

Edited by Ecclesiastes
No need to quote pictures

Hahaha nice

Very good. I really did laugh out loud...

Ok, a good laugh according to some. But now please back to the discussion! :thumbup:

I don't know if there's any stock to be put in those LEGO mini-movies, but I've looked over them and made a list of their features:

Released Winter Wave

R2-D2

AT-AP

Chewbacca

41st Troopers

Obi-Wan Kenobi

212th Troopers

Jedi Interceptor

Old Obi-Wan Kenobi

Royal Guard

Han Solo

Luke Skywalker

C-3PO

Jawas

Unreleased Summer Wave

Stormtrooper

Imperial Officer

Star Destroyer

Darth Vader

Dewback

Landspeeder

Ithorian head

Naboo Guard (unseen set 75058)

AT-AT

Jedi Scout Fighter

Unconfirmed/Potentially New

Padawans

Boga*

Cody*

Yoda's Escape Pod

MTT

Padawan Ship

4-LOM

Wuher*

Pink astromech

Old Jek-14

Boss Nass

So given all the recently released figures and vehicles featured in the videos, and all of those that are still mostly unknown to the general public, can we assume the final list is a collection of things to come?

- I would think that several of those (padawans & their ship, pink astromech, and Yoda's escape pod) were included purely for story purposes and so are very unlikely to get real LEGO versions.

*The fact that LEGO used the Phase I Commander Cody figure (with a recoloured visor) among Phase II 212th troops suggests to me that they will not be releasing a set featuring a new Phase II Cody, despite my biggest hopes of seeing him and Boga coming out next year (even if that meant another Obi-Wan). Following on from this, if LEGO were going to release a new Boga, I'd have thought it would feature in the Grievous' Wheel Bike set of the previous wave, although this isn't certain as the set is named after the one vehicle and so a Part 2 set could follow up - however unlikely.

*As with Boga, I think LEGO missed their chance if they were going to release their Wuher figure. The only set he could potentially appear in is a Mos Eisley Cantina set, and since he doesn't appear in the upcoming version - and there's no potential add-on set to go with it - it is also very unlikely that we'll see his LEGO figure. The only way I can see this happening is as an exclusive promo figure such as with a book or for 'May the 4th'.

- If I'm correct and haven't missed anything, the new 75058 Naboo set still remains a mystery. The appearance of a new & detailed MTT and Boss Nass figure in the video could hint at their inclusion in the set, however I think Boss Nass would have featured on the poster with the other figures from this set, and so it is unlikely he will be included... in that set, anyway. The MTT is a possibility, but I agree that it will probably be an AAT and/or Flash/Gian speeder as there are no Gungans from the battle against the MTTs, and so will probably be a Theed-based set.

- That leaves old Jek-14 and 4-LOM - two very nicely-detailed new figures. I don't know anything about the Yoda Chronicles beyond these videos and do not know anything about Jek-14, so I don't know whether this could be a potential new figure or not. 4-LOM however would be very welcome in a future set, especially with Zuckuss in order to complete the group of bounty hunters seen in Episode V.

Edited by ADHO15

If they're following standard imperial procedure it'll be around 100€/$ ;-)

Edited by cookiemonster

Someone already asked for the price under the pic, but the store didn't answered yet.

Is there a price for it yet? It's awesome! Thanks!

Delete the "m." from the beginning of it to see it.

Thank you. ;)

What a missed change for an AAT... :sceptic:

2cnwbcg.png

I wonder what the price will be. Looks like a 50 EUR set to me. But since the new 2014 Star Wars stuff is heavily overpriced I won't be surprised if it is 65 EUR

Looks like seven battle droids to me too: 6 ground/blaster droids, one on the STAP, and one pilot.

This is a weird direction to go with the MTT, honestly. It's just rather small-looking. I'm usually not in favor of making things huge, but the MTT is a big vehicle and the last version captured that perfectly. This looks like a funky mid-scale MTT.

Also odd to note that there are no 'new' bubbles by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. I thought LEGO usually puts 'new' next to any figure that has even the slightest change, but I guess not here.

I have to admit, I actually really like the look of this new MTT! Although it's reduced in size, the set still looks well constructed, detailed and offers a large amount of minifigs(I count 13-14 overall). It makes a nice Toys R Us exclusive set in my opinion, and opens the door to possible having more Naboo based sets in the future. Hopefully we'll get to see the other exclusive set soon!

Could someone post the picture please? The link wont work.

EDIT: nevermind, I found it. Honestly its kind of disappointing. It seems like a huge step back from the last one. And the high amount of studs on the sides make it kinda ugly. Plus the low amount of droids in comparison to the last is also disappointing.

Overall I had high hopes for the set, this is kinda a let down. Oh well. I'm hoping we get a new AAT next year. Hopefully that wont end up like this.

Edited by arc

Looks great! It'll likely be $100 here in Canada. The Qui-Gon is the real draw for me.

I have to see this set for real first, hopefully my local lego store will put it on display. If only they would make an AAT to accompany this new MTT. :grin: