Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Sets you want, sets you think we'll see, discussion of whether or not your set concept makes sense, discussion of whether or not TLG will release your set concept, discussion of what set concepts are acceptable by TLG standards: Does. Not. Belong. Here. Last warning. Stay on topic!

Bwwaaa haaa haaaa!! Are you serious? How old are you?

OT trumps PT+EU almost every time, in the general broad sense. And specifically, the Death Star is far far far more popular, iconic and widely known than the jedi temple. How could you even consider it might be the other way around?

I really don't think there is a need for that tone. And if you are implying he is young, or a child by his statement, you seem to forget Lego is aimed AT children <.>

Darth Punk: That's not what I meant by the frozen comment.... It was a terrible pun "carbon frozen copy", rather than "carbon copy" as we are on a star wars related forum? No? Well it was a long shot in the dark whether anyone would get it. My apologies BrickDoctor for going off topic about the temple.

I am certainly looking forward to seeing the next version of palpatine! As a new torso for the emperor with tan hands was uncovered on the future sets discussion. The torso matches entirely the one seen in the new micro fighters video which also showed leg printing. From the evidence of the existence of these two sources we can conclude that a tan skinned redesign palpatine is coming this year. I would wager it may appear in one of the usual summer retailer exclusives. The question remains in what set will he arrive. The poster seemed to think he might appear in a micro fighter imperial shuttle. I think this unlikely as surely Lego would put him in something more higher priced. I'm glad to see that they have dropped the inaccurate grey skin and the black gloves??? (seriously who thought of that? he has never ever worn gloves!) The tan skin is far more accurate so I'm glad that is being made, hopefully judging by 2014 Vader, palpatine might have a new redesigned face. What I'm hoping for is a double sided face so we can have a grimace and an evil smile. What does everyone else think about this redesigned emperor coming this year?

Here is the original image on the future sets forum:

http://i73.photobuck...zpsdf92db00.jpg

Fuppylodders: Exactly the point I was endeavouring to make. I was born in the 90s after the first movies. I was shown episode 1 and 2 in 2003 and the original films after that. I just always assumed as a kid that the OT were the final 3. Until I saw episode 3 and everything made sense. As a child my favourite one was ROTS as it "had the most fighting in it". The point here is that kids in general are more likely to be interested in CW and the PT than the OT as they've seen those the most. Explaining why Lego makes so many PT and used to make so much CW really.

Edited by legofreak86

The point here is that kids in general are more likely to be interested in CW and the PT than the OT as they've seen those the most. Explaining why Lego makes so many PT and used to make so much CW really.

And that is exactly why I asked the "how old are you" question to the person in a previous post. Perhaps I should've included a smiley with it.

It looks like we're all more or less agreeing on how the demographics relate to the preferences.

Back on the topic of rumors, I sure hope the rumor of a UCS Slave 1 (OT, boba version) is true.

Do we have any actual rumor of new Palpatine, or is that just pure speculation also?

along with the picture there was also this comment:

"Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

We'll be getting a new Palpatine in the microfighters range. I presume with a micro imperial shuttle.

This is the torso - note the tan hands... I am hoping for a new tan head to go with it.

"know for sure the torso exists and it comes with tan hands as I own three of them, got through a reliable source. It is exactly the same print as the one in the video. The new legs in the video look good too, but I haven't seen those yet."

As for the set, that is still speculation but he will be coming in something."

Edited by MAB, 17 March 2014 - 11:54

Judging by the quality of the printing, the fact that it matches the palpatine in the micro fighters episode 3 video to every detail and the fact that it isn't even similar to the 2010 design. I'd say that's real and evidence points toward a new palpatine this year. Plus the 2014 current range figures appeared first on eBay through suspected unscrupulous factory workers and I'd wager that one of those type of people could grab a torso like that from the production line. I strongly suspect this is a real new torso for this year taken from a Lego factory. Just as grievous and that scout trooper were.

Edited by legofreak86

Does this mean we can expect another Microfighters range later this year? I'd be surprised if so as I would have expected it to have been announced alongside the rest of the summer lineup.

Well if the slave 1 rumour is true, that squashes the falcon rumour. Maybe next year (hopefully)

A UCS falcon re-release doesn't sound very plausible. Who started that rumor?

It doesn't make any logical sense for TLG to reissue one of their largest sets ever, so soon after its retirement.

Could the frontpage be updated with the most recent pictures? We got alot of pictures from the new summer sets, I even see that the Microfighters even lack a picture ...

It doesn't make any logical sense for TLG to reissue one of their largest sets ever, so soon after its retirement.

So soon? What?

So soon? What?

"Soon" is a relative term. How much time passed between the 2 X-Wing UCS sets?

With Disney's new movie trilogy and the focus shifting away from prequel trilogy and EU towards stuff from the original trilogy, I'd say it's not a bad bet that we'll get a new UCS-style iteration of one of the most iconic Star Wars spacecraft - the Millenium Falcon - in the not so near future. And if not, I'll take Mickey Mouse hostage.

I still won't be suprised if the whole UCS falcon would be another early April Fools' joke. They've done the same in the past.

If there were to be a rerelease of a UCS Falcon I would guess it would be from Episode VII since all the minifigures that could come with a original trilogy version falcon have all been recently updated it would be a waste to redesign them again that fast the episode 7 version coulde include some nice new figures.

You're right - it would be a terrible business decision for TLG to re-release one of their most sought after sets ever. Especially since it's one of the most iconic sci-fi ships ever, and there's hype building for a brand new trilogy it's bound to be featured in. Star Wars itself is awful in terms of merchandise - nobody ever buys anything, it's not popular and doesn't have any appeal to adults and children at all.

So yeah, you're probably right - rereleasing the Falcon is in no way sensible, and could potentially destroy TLG as we know it.

You're right - it would be a terrible business decision for TLG to re-release one of their most sought after sets ever. Especially since it's one of the most iconic sci-fi ships ever, and there's hype building for a brand new trilogy it's bound to be featured in. Star Wars itself is awful in terms of merchandise - nobody ever buys anything, it's not popular and doesn't have any appeal to adults and children at all.

So yeah, you're probably right - rereleasing the Falcon is in no way sensible, and could potentially destroy TLG as we know it.

Don't forget to mention how much TLG is profiting from the reseller market on the old UCS Falcons still changing hands. They certainly wouldn't want to disrupt that cash cow.

Edited by rollermonkey

How does TLG profit from reselling? Selling used products nets them $0. Yeah it might get them some attention but I bet a new USC Falcon would get them more attention and more money significantly.

Don't forget to mention how much TLG is profiting from the reseller market on the old UCS Falcons still changing hands. They certainly wouldn't want to disrupt that cash cow.

How does TLG profit from reselling? Selling used products nets them $0. Yeah it might get them some attention but I bet a new USC Falcon would get them more attention and more money significantly.

I think roller monkey should've used the sarcasm emote there... :))