Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I'm not sure about these new spring loaded shooters, they seem too action figure like. and also, why are there no plain white clones? It's been almost 3 years since we've had one. :hmpf_bad:

There is one in the Clone Turbo tank microfighters set, but that doesn't look really good from an army-building perspective :wink:

Droid Gunship and AT-AP seem suspiciously similar to their previous releases. The Wheel Bike looks pretty neat though...

The AT-AP is certainly smaller, but the Droid Gunship is actually bigger, if you can believe it. The saucer section has about two more studs of length and width than the last one, and it's all-around beefier (except for the head).

I'm not sure about these new spring loaded shooters, they seem too action figure like. and also, why are there no plain white clones? It's been almost 3 years since we've had one. :hmpf_bad:

You will get one in the Clone Turbo tank mini thing

Edit: Already answered above.

Edited by jmagaletta

I will definitely buy the DS Battle Pack but the rest of the wave isn't interesting for me. But I'm happy for the PT fans because they will get some nice sets.

I don't collect SW anymore, but my son does and right now Ep.III is watching over and over again so his birthday list next year is going to kill me ! :laugh:

Those new plate firing guns I'm not sure about yet......depends on how far and with what force they have. :look:

I'm very surprised that there isn't a huge set, one that's priced in the hundred to two hundred buck range. :look:

All the figures look fantastic and i guess the main part that interests CFOLs - the minifig ! :wink:

Some cool builds, epic minifigs. Hope Wolfe shows up. :sceptic: . That droid in the Utapau is horrendous.

The AT-AP is certainly smaller, but the Droid Gunship is actually bigger, if you can believe it. The saucer section has about two more studs of length and width than the last one, and it's all-around beefier (except for the head).

I don't think the AT-AP is smaller. The body is pretty much an identical size (if the side panels are anything to go off of) and the legs look singificantly bigger, featuring a 6x6 round dish at the top instead of the old 4x4, and having a generally bulkier appearance. The only aspect that looks smaller is the roof, which uses plates in the new one instead of sloped bricks, but I think when the two are next to eachother this will be offset by the fact that the gun sits taller.

There is one in the Clone Turbo tank microfighters set, but that doesn't look really good from an army-building perspective :wink:

well it's about time. :thumbup: I'm not a huge army builder, but still kinda disappointing they're only in one set.

I wish that TLG had stuck to the plain clones in the Utapau troopers bp, because I need more of those. Wolffe and Fox may still come in the Coruscant Police Gunship, but as to Cody, Bacara, and Bly...I guess we will have to rely on the summer wave for them. Octuparra droid is just lazy, but I will still be buying for the minifigs. :wall: Ill be picking up all 3 bp's, the droid gunship, vulture droid, battle on saleucami, and the av-7 cannon. Good job LEGO!! :moar:

Correct me if I am wrong, the new spring loaded shooter is a 1x4 brick with a hole going through it's length while the projectile is a long bar about 6 or seven studs and with a little slot to hold it in position?

O another note:

Call me knight :wink: (I know it has no importance but I couldnt wait to use that video).

Edited by Nom Carver

how many pieces does the droid gunship have and what price is it? i hope it isn't too much because I want it just for the chewbacca

I feel the same way. The DS set is the only one I really like and I'll get multiples. Too bad they didn't include Chewie in that set.

What happened to the supposed Driod Tri-Fighter? We have not gotten any info/pictures on it.

Apart from that, the sets look great!

I don't collect SW anymore, but my son does and right now Ep.III is watching over and over again so his birthday list next year is going to kill me ! :laugh:

Those new plate firing guns I'm not sure about yet......depends on how far and with what force they have. :look:

I'm very surprised that there isn't a huge set, one that's priced in the hundred to two hundred buck range. :look:

All the figures look fantastic and i guess the main part that interests CFOLs - the minifig ! :wink:

The first wave usually has the smaller lower cost sets. The big expensive sets are usually released more towards the summer.

I quite like these sets - I'm glad to see the return to battle packs with only one faction! I really don't like these new blasters though - too bulky.

I quite like these sets - I'm glad to see the return to battle packs with only one faction! I really don't like these new blasters though - too bulky.

I agree, but I think there should be a droid battle pack too, haven't had one of those in a while.

Isn't that what the Battle of Saleucami basically is?

Kind of, but I'm referring to the single faction $12 sets.

Only a DS battlepack for me in this wave I guess.. (and maybe a Kashyyk one... depends on how future reviews manage to convince me..). But I still think it is a pitty the DS pack doesn't offer a greater variety.

A pack with a DS gunner, a guard, a DS trooper and a stormie (or officer) would have been ideal and have me buy multiples.. now it will be probably just one, 2 maximum..

I'll have to bricklink a new Chewie too I fear... not that I like the new version that much, but the old version looks so outdated next to all the newly printed figures..

The new blasters? Yuck! nothing more to say about those..

I agree just a bit with you on this. I've been waiting for a imperial officer in black. The DS battle pack would've been great set to introduce this figure. But TLG have failed again on that.

I'm sorry but the new stud shooters look hilariously stupid imho... I'm sure kids will enjoy popping them off and trying to nail each other in the eye, while sending the family pet 'charging in the opposite direction!' Maybe the summer wave will come complete with LEGO Star Wars brick-built goggles for eye-protection?! :laugh:

All these sets are good for building an army or battle scene but there isnt any outstanding big ships. I wonder why Lego continues to be stubborn about building a large Separatist cruiser/ship. Apart from Malevolence we have nothing else.

On a positive note the minifigures look very nice and Chewy finally got a remake.

Kind of, but I'm referring to the single faction $12 sets.

I think single battle droid battle packs are not that popular and LEGO thought it would be a smart move to include a unique minifig to spice it up.