just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

It hasn't been confirmed, it's only rumour at this point. And we now have two rumours contradicting each other, the original saying we will get lantern this year and another saying next year.

The rumor saying that we would get GL next year came from a random Instagram user. :grin:

But, at this point, I really think we will.

The smallest one up left is also the smallest single spacecraft. I estimate it at $20. It looked very much like in the comic, but the Lego version is dark blue with yellow. The lowest picture seems an awful lot like the Milano, but think about the nose being shorter and the cockpit sitting more on top. And add more colors, blue and yellow.

So I'm guessing that the $20 set is the GOTG's "Ship." If that's true, I'm pretty disappointed as I'd rather have an $80-90 "Ship" and a $20 Nova Corps. starship. That way, you could fit most if not all of the GOTG in it and not just one member.

Of course, the movie could be just deviating from source material design; we'll just have to wait and see.

So I'm guessing that the $20 set is the GOTG's "Ship." If that's true, I'm pretty disappointed as I'd rather have an $80-90 "Ship" and a $20 Nova Corps. starship. That way, you could fit most if not all of the GOTG in it and not just one member.

Of course, the movie could be just deviating from source material design; we'll just have to wait and see.

From the sounds of it the $20 set is an uknown spacecraft, the medium is a lava platform, and the largest features a large yellow and blue spacecraft, which sounds like a dead ringer for the movie version of Ship.

And it sounds like we are getting the whole team(like we are not) and villians Ronan and the Collector?!

I was really hoping for Denzil Washington as the Green Lantern. :sceptic:

Edited by Legoman123

So the Rock confirmed he is playing John Stewart/Green Lantern. This means for the MvsB or the Justice League movie lego sets will include this minifigure I hope, but even then I hope that rumored green lantern minifigure they plan to release soon is Hal Jordan! The worse that could happen is too shell out 900 bucks on the SDCC version then lol

I was really hoping for Denzil Washington as the Green Lantern. :sceptic:

Just for the record, that hasn't been confirmed anywhere. It's just a tiny rumor going around.

I was fortunate enough to get a Green Latern at CC, but I definitely wouldn't mind getting a John Stewart GL in next years wave, which seems more than likely at this point :wacko:

Just for the record, that hasn't been confirmed anywhere. It's just a tiny rumor going around.

I was fortunate enough to get a Green Latern at CC, but I definitely wouldn't mind getting a John Stewart GL in next years wave, which seems more than likely at this point :wacko:

The Rock tweeted it out last night as a Hint!!!

http://instagram.com/p/gy649Boh6c/#

"Make of it what you will, but remember he did say he was doing a DC movie. And, really, who makes a Green Lantern/Superman hashtag apropos of nothing?

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock)
"

but even then I was browsing through trailers on my apple tv and ran into the lego the movie one, I hope we get at least some superheroes since hal jordan and even milhouse can be seen at the minifigure colisseum. XD who knows TLG has in store for everyone.

lol

YdFb8fsH.jpg

It would be nice to see at least a super heroes set from the minifigures in the movies...

Edited by eldiano

From the sounds of it the $20 set is an uknown spacecraft, the medium is a lava platform, and the largest features a large yellow and blue spacecraft, which sounds like a dead ringer for the movie version of Ship.

And it sounds like we are getting the whole team(like we are not) and villians Ronan and the Collector?!

Blue and yellow is also the color scheme for the Nova Corps. Zzz also said that the ship on the top right of the comic page, "Ship," looked like the $20 set. But I do hope you're right...

I was actually just joking, that if they "announced" it at SDCC it would just be a bunch of SDCC exclusives. Was poking fun at the fact that everything really good and unique is an exclusive there that nobody gets. I'm dreading this year too though, really sick of that nonsense.

I think he was not referring to your joke, but to a rumor from a long time ago that the SDCC exclusive minifigs we get are from a scrapped line of designs for SH collectible minifigs.

Blue and yellow is also the color scheme for the Nova Corps. Zzz also said that the ship on the top right of the comic page, "Ship," looked like the $20 set. But I do hope you're right...

Considering the Guardians are fugitives in the film, maybe they stole a Nova Corps ship? :tongue:

The Rock tweeted it out last night as a Hint!!!

http://instagram.com/p/gy649Boh6c/#

"Make of it what you will, but remember he did say he was doing a DC movie. And, really, who makes a Green Lantern/Superman hashtag apropos of nothing?

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock)
"

but even then I was browsing through trailers on my apple tv and ran into the lego the movie one, I hope we get at least some superheroes since hal jordan and even milhouse can be seen at the minifigure colisseum. XD who knows TLG has in store for everyone.

lol

It would be nice to see at least a super heroes set from the minifigures in the movies...

The rock was also tweeting last year about wanting to play Luke Cage, and meeting Marvel so I wouldn't take his word as truth until offical confirmation.

Edited by Sam892

The biggest one is an 80$ set, holds 3 minifigs and is this one (this is the front, the cockpit is kind of on top, where the structured part is):

starlordgotg.jpg

I believe it comes with a very small (10$ish) spacecraft, which had an organic look to it, like a flying cylinder, like the collectors ship from Mass Effect in very small scale with 2 small movable wings on the side, it was either black or very dark (brown?).

The 20$ set was the one with the 5 beams (wings?) folding out, we had pictures of it already. The lava playset was probably 30$ish, but if they add more, it might become bigger.

The collector I didn't see. Just the Guardians (except Drax and Raccoon) plus Ronan.

On the subject of big figs in the CMF line, wouldn't they bump the bag up and make it pretty obvious who's inside, anyways?

But could they not offer one bigfig per CMF series? Surely that would be an idea?

But could they not offer one bigfig per CMF series? Surely that would be an idea?

It would be extremely easy to find, which defeats the purpose of CMFs, and people would snatch them up immediately, leaving none.

We've already pretty much covered it (and been asked not to continue by the resident mod). As detailed above, it would be easy to pick out of the others in a blind bag, and bigfigs would never be sold for the same $3-4 that the CMF figures go for.

The biggest one is an 80$ set, holds 3 minifigs and is this one (this is the front, the cockpit is kind of on top, where the structured part is):

I believe it comes with a very small (10$ish) spacecraft, which had an organic look to it, like a flying cylinder, like the collectors ship from Mass Effect in very small scale with 2 small movable wings on the side, it was either black or very dark (brown?).

The 20$ set was the one with the 5 beams (wings?) folding out, we had pictures of it already. The lava playset was probably 30$ish, but if they add more, it might become bigger.

The collector I didn't see. Just the Guardians (except Drax and Raccoon) plus Ronan.

I'm confused? I assume the picture is of Ship, so is that the $20 set? And the $80 is a larger Nova cruiser or similar? I kind of hope they just basically do a recolor of Furty with short legs for Rocket. That way he is fully playable and can wield all sorts of brick built heavy artillery. I know it would make him a little too big, but tis probably a fair trade to be able to actively play with him.

Not that I dislike the Rock, but I think he would be much better as Hawkman than as John Stewart? Plus they have all the fixings for a good Hawkman or Hawkgirl minifig these days, they just need a reason to give us one.

On regards to the SDCC exclusive's, don't get your hopes up to seeing them in sets. Every SDCC 2011 Lego minifigure from the Superheroes line, was regarded as a "preview" figure. This means that it is previewing a minifigure to come in a set later on in the theme. Nolan Batman was a preview of the finalized version that we got in 2013, and Superman came out exactly as he did in at the Con. Azog wasn't an exclusive at all, he was not given any wording to say exclusive, he wasn't given by raffle, and to top it all off, he introduced a new mold.

However, in 2012, Phoenix, Black suit Spiderman, Bizzaro, and Shazam were all raffled away as exclusives. In 2013, Amazing Spiderman 2 variant Spiderman, Spiderwoman, Black suit Superman and Green Arrow were all also given away as exclusives through raffles. These minifigures will remain exclusive to the Con and I have no idea why people use Azog as a light of hope for future exclusive minifigures, he was not regarded as exclusive and just because a minifigure was given at SDCC, does not mean they are exclusive. However I believe it's still possible that the raffle minifigures (the only real exclusive minifigures of the con) can appear later in different variants, Black suit Superman and Spiderman will more than likely remain exclusive, and now a New 52 variant of Green Arrow and Shazam are our only hopes of seeing them in sets. If Spiderwoman doesn't get a costume change, or if Jessica Drew doesn't give up the mantle, then don't get your hopes up for a Spiderwoman minifigure. And I've read many comments saying that we got an exclusive Jean Grey, no we didn't. We got an exclusive Phoenix, not Jean grey, it's still possible that we can get Jean Grey in her X-Men or Guardians suit in about 2 or 4 years.

On regards to the Green Lantern figure, if the original reporter was right about assuming we would get him this year, it's possible his friend at Lego was right in saying we were ​supposed to, but he got pushed back to 2015, making our 2 rumors fit together like a puzzle piece.

I'm confused? I assume the picture is of Ship, so is that the $20 set?

I think he means the $20 ship is from the opening here

Of all the qualified people out there, why on Earth or the shattered remains of Krypton would they let Dwayne Johnson be John Stewart? I can't respect any actor who had a part in the Tooth Fairy movie.

I have to wonder, now that we're getting Martian Manhunter, which Justice League member we'll get first: Cyborg or Hawkgirl? They have all of the fixins' for the animated Justice League now, but DC has been going the way of the New 52 whose line-up replaces Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter with Aquaman and Cyborg. Given the line-up we have so far is uncomfortably white, Cyborg would add some diversity. Although, Hawkgirl would add gender diversity (pffftHAHAHA AS IF LEGO WOULD DO SOMETHING TO APPEAL TO FEMALE SUPERHERO FANS! HAHAHA HAWKGIRL ISN'T PINK OR IN DOLL FORM HOW COULD LEGO POSSIBLY) Now that I'm writing this, it seems a little less likely that we'll be getting the Unlimited rendition of the League since MM is an exclusive. Oh well, still fun to.

Get it?

The rock was also tweeting last year about wanting to play Luke Cage, and meeting Marvel so I wouldn't take his word as truth until offical confirmation.

Couldn't agree with you more. Dwayne Johnson's a very unreliable source. If this rumor does become true though, I'm gonna be a little pissed because Ryan Reynolds was a great Hal Jordan. You can't blame the actor for a not so great script.

Of all the qualified people out there, why on Earth or the shattered remains of Krypton would they let Dwayne Johnson be John Stewart? I can't respect any actor who had a part in the Tooth Fairy movie.

I have to wonder, now that we're getting Martian Manhunter, which Justice League member we'll get first: Cyborg or Hawkgirl? They have all of the fixins' for the animated Justice League now, but DC has been going the way of the New 52 whose line-up replaces Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter with Aquaman and Cyborg. Given the line-up we have so far is uncomfortably white, Cyborg would add some diversity. Although, Hawkgirl would add gender diversity (pffftHAHAHA AS IF LEGO WOULD DO SOMETHING TO APPEAL TO FEMALE SUPERHERO FANS! HAHAHA HAWKGIRL ISN'T PINK OR IN DOLL FORM HOW COULD LEGO POSSIBLY) Now that I'm writing this, it seems a little less likely that we'll be getting the Unlimited rendition of the League since MM is an exclusive. Oh well, still fun to.

Get it?

As far as I'm aware Aquaman has been more prominent in the Justice League comics than Hawkgirl. Admittedly Cyborg has only recently joined the Justice League in the new 52 but Aquaman has been in the League for decades. I remember reading some behind the scenes stuff about the animated series that said, the only reason Aquaman wasn't on the team is because the studio wanted another female superhero and added Hawkgirl.

Edited by Sam892

Get it?

In fairness, Hawkgirl isn't exactly a longstanding traditional member of the league. It's more like she replaced Aquaman, and he got his spot back.

I think he means the $20 ship is from the opening here

Nice spot thanks

Thanks for the info!

Edited by LuxorV

On regards to the SDCC exclusive's, don't get your hopes up to seeing them in sets. Every SDCC 2011 Lego minifigure from the Superheroes line, was regarded as a "preview" figure. This means that it is previewing a minifigure to come in a set later on in the theme. Nolan Batman was a preview of the finalized version that we got in 2013, and Superman came out exactly as he did in at the Con. Azog wasn't an exclusive at all, he was not given any wording to say exclusive, he wasn't given by raffle, and to top it all off, he introduced a new mold.

However, in 2012, Phoenix, Black suit Spiderman, Bizzaro, and Shazam were all raffled away as exclusives. In 2013, Amazing Spiderman 2 variant Spiderman, Spiderwoman, Black suit Superman and Green Arrow were all also given away as exclusives through raffles. These minifigures will remain exclusive to the Con and I have no idea why people use Azog as a light of hope for future exclusive minifigures, he was not regarded as exclusive and just because a minifigure was given at SDCC, does not mean they are exclusive. However I believe it's still possible that the raffle minifigures (the only real exclusive minifigures of the con) can appear later in different variants, Black suit Superman and Spiderman will more than likely remain exclusive, and now a New 52 variant of Green Arrow and Shazam are our only hopes of seeing them in sets. If Spiderwoman doesn't get a costume change, or if Jessica Drew doesn't give up the mantle, then don't get your hopes up for a Spiderwoman minifigure. And I've read many comments saying that we got an exclusive Jean Grey, no we didn't. We got an exclusive Phoenix, not Jean grey, it's still possible that we can get Jean Grey in her X-Men or Guardians suit in about 2 or 4 years.

On regards to the Green Lantern figure, if the original reporter was right about assuming we would get him this year, it's possible his friend at Lego was right in saying we were ​supposed to, but he got pushed back to 2015, making our 2 rumors fit together like a puzzle piece.

I agree. I think it is very unlikely that we will get either of these minifigures again (phoenix and spiderwoman) because there isn't big publicity for there to atm. If Marvel/Disney were making a cartoon about other characters such as a heroes for hire show (maybe not the best image for children to see) or even adding spiderwoman to Ultimate spiderman, I could see a chance. But until then I think we should act as if they are gone

Edited by Swifty118247

I agree. I think it is very unlikely that we will get either of these minifigures again (phoenix and spiderwoman) because there isn't big publicity for there to atm. If Marvel/Disney were making a cartoon about other characters such as a heroes for hire show (maybe not the best image for children to see) or even adding spiderwoman to Ultimate spiderman, I could see a chance. But until then I think we should act as if they are gone

Spider-Woman would be on Avengers Assemble if anything, she has no connection to Spider-Man. You do have a point about them currently being absent from media though.