just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Discussion for 2014 LEGO Super Heroes sets. The Riddler Chase set was confirmed on USA Today.

DC January 2014 Wave

Batman: The Penguin Face-off (136 pieces)

76010-1.jpg

Batman: Man-Bat Attack (184 pieces, $19.99 USD)

76011-1.jpg

Batman: The Riddler Chase (304 pieces, $29.99 USD)

76012-1.jpg

Batman: The Joker Steamroller

76013-1.jpg

Marvel Spring 2014 Wave

From the Aus/NZ LEGO catalog:

Marvel2014-2_zpse9d4482b.png

(click for a bigger image)

Here are high-res pictures of all the Spring 2014 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes sets! I found these on Walmart Canada. For the LEGO sites, at the moment these are Eurobricks exclusives! If you want a super-enlarged high-res picture, click on each image. Enjoy! :purrr:

11369342944_4017e0dc7e_z.jpg

11369413893_f8cf97ed7f_z.jpg

11369263985_615bd822f6_z.jpg

11369264885_fd17f3c8a5_z.jpg

11369271105_85783f614b_z.jpg

11369407003_a6c5037a26_z.jpg

11369268055_16769dac31_z.jpg

11369303196_07883f75d7_z.jpg

11369400213_9a304e6f23_z.jpg

11369397343_aa95bdd206_z.jpg

You can see the photos all together in this set I made here on Flickr.

Edited by just2good

Wow, pictures already ? That's a nice batmobile, the riddler's dragster is rather average, and the figs don't interest me (superheroes just aren't my cup of tea, don't burn me :laugh: ).

Well, it seems likely that having a Batmobile in a regular set spells certain doom for the Batmobile currently under cuusoo review.

Awesome. FINALLY a Flash fig! A pretty good one too. I wasn't a fan of the big helmet he had in the videogame, but this one looks much better since it is more streamlined and only goes down to his nose like Catwoman's mask. Riddler looks a lot better with a green hat too. It's also funny that he is trying to make the heroes slip with a banana, but isn't that more Joker's shtick? Hopefully it's a stand-in for a new cane for him, but the set looks quite final. The Batmobile seems to be based on the new TV show Beware the Batman - I wonder if Batman will be too? I figured they'd make sets based on that series, but I never thought it would come with Flash and Riddler. Go figure.

Now I'm crossing my fingers for Green Lantern or some of the other Leaguers to be thrown into sets as well! That would make up for the Con exclusive figs, at least the DC ones.

Not sure if and why one need another batmobile and I don´t like the dragster (maybe there will be some improvement if this is not the final version), but I´m all in for the long awaited Flash-Minifigure and Riddler´s new hat. Here ´s also some hope there will be a new Batman - torso.

....and the figs don't interest me (superheroes just aren't my cup of tea, don't burn me :laugh: ).

Says the guy with a Dr. Osterman avatar (more of an anti-hero, but still). :tongue::laugh:

People are saying on the other topic that this set is based on Beware The Batman... I told y'all! Granted I wasn't the first to predict it, but this is a great sign. I'm still hoping for some Teen Titans Go! sets, but it kinda makes me wish they made some for Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice... :grin:

love the Flash! but this Batmobile looks huge and like the UCS Batmobile but minifig sized. I wonder which Batmobile looks better. the 2012 one or this one?

I'm still hoping for some Teen Titans Go! sets

Really? I think that show's animation style would translate into some fugly minifigs. And we thought the Clone Wars figs were ugly ;)

A very interesting set. And here I thought they couldn't design a Batmobile I like even less... :laugh:

But the figures look pretty fantastic. The Flash looks good so far, I do like that they just used a red head for the bottom part of the mask. And I'm loving the new Riddler with his green hat and he appears to be wearing a suit. And the dragster looks to be a fun little vehicle. Granted I question the need to make another version of the same vehicle and another version of a character that already has two variations (Granted this variation is my favorite).

So long as we get Batgirl this year I'm willing to excuse a few repeat characters.

Interesting set. I thought it was fake at first simply because it does look fake, but I guess it's real. Not a huge fan of the Vehicals especially for 30$, but the Riddler has new printing and all I can really say about this set is THE FLASH!!!! Hope to see more pictures very soon!

Edited by North Lego Star

but this Batmobile looks huge and like the UCS Batmobile but minifig sized. I wonder which Batmobile looks better. the 2012 one or this one?

I like the old one better, as it is a bit more like the comics. This one is a bit compact, but I love the price. :wub:

Really? I think that show's animation style would translate into some fugly minifigs. And we thought the Clone Wars figs were ugly ;)

You're right. Man, I want Teen Titans sets. Never gonna happen though. :tongue:

Edited by just2good

I really like this set!

The bat symbol on the vehicle resembles the BtB a lot so I hope we get a Batman with a suit that resembles the one from the show!

I really like this set!

The bat symbol on the vehicle resembles the BtB a lot so I hope we get a Batman with a suit that resembles the one from the show!

As i said in the otehr thread, its that suit indeed. The belt and the definition lines are the same.

I'm not so sure this set is based off of Beware the Batman. I mean the only thing that looks remotley like the show is the front style of the Batmobile (Er whatever it is, it's most likely some kind of Bat-Something), everything else about it is wrong--the figure selections (Flash and Riddler have not, nor will they, appear in BtB--since the producers only want unpopular obscure characters). And I see how the symbol looks somewhat like BtB, but I think it fits Batgirl better.

Plus, I do want to point out that Beware the Batman just started this past Saturday (US), so by the time the sets come out, the first season will be over and be in an off period--so that doesn't seem like a good time to release sets on a show that's not on currently airing.

Of course, like I said in the 2013 thread, I really don't care who the bat in the mobile turns out to be, since we have Flash.

Flash is reason enough to buy this set, however I'm hoping for a new Batman too! Great start to the 2014 line!

I'm not so sure this set is based off of Beware the Batman. I mean the only thing that looks remotley like the show is the front style of the Batmobile (Er whatever it is, it's most likely some kind of Bat-Something), everything else about it is wrong--the figure selections (Flash and Riddler have not, nor will they, appear in BtB--since the producers only want unpopular obscure characters). And I see how the symbol looks somewhat like BtB, but I think it fits Batgirl better.

Plus, I do want to point out that Beware the Batman just started this past Saturday (US), so by the time the sets come out, the first season will be over and be in an off period--so that doesn't seem like a good time to release sets on a show that's not on currently airing.

Of course, like I said in the 2013 thread, I really don't care who the bat in the mobile turns out to be, since we have Flash.

It very much is the same car, the back bit is flipped up in the lego version, but you can see the vent things and the fins on top are the same as tv show. Aswell as the whole front part of the car.

And no way in H this is batgirl ;)

29blipu.png

Lego doesent care if the characther or scenario of the set is from the show. Remember the TDK set with joker.

Edited by deskp

I don't think it's truly intended to be a BTB set. I just think it's borrowing a few design elements to sort of promote the show.

Batgirl certainly is a possibility and a figure I would like to see, but the overall shape of the cowl looks very much the same as Batman's and it would be a waste to have a Batgirl using that cowl considering it wouldn't look right at all.

Snip

Detective deskp on the case! Nice job! That belt definitely makes it looks like it's BtB related in some way.

I don't think it's truly intended to be a BTB set. I just think it's borrowing a few design elements to sort of promote the show.

Batgirl certainly is a possibility and a figure I would like to see, but the overall shape of the cowl looks very much the same as Batman's and it would be a waste to have a Batgirl using that cowl considering it wouldn't look right at all.

Well again, these are preliminary. However I do agree that when/if we get a Batgirl, she would need a new mask/cowl, preferably with hair at the back.

And you are right about the "borrowing of designs", which I accept, but I don't see this singular set as a beginning of a wave of BtB sets in the fashion of Marvel's Ultimate Spiderman sets.

Well again, these are preliminary.

Except for the fact that they aren't. Lego doesen't realse prelim pictures to the press, and nothing about this picture says its prelim.

I don't see this as a BTB wave either, but in the same as that the nolan movies got random batman sets, this is like that (imo)

Edited by deskp

Except for the fact that they aren't. Lego doesen't realse prelim pictures to the press, and nothing about this picture says its prelim.

They have before. And Lego has showcased prototype sets and figs many times at shows, including Comic Con and Toyfair.

-Omi