Sign in to follow this  
Infernum

HoM: Nick Evero, The Experiment

What does the word “sky” mean on asteroids? Sky is the atmosphere right? So do they lack one? Or would it just be space and all its twinkling stars? The professor wondered these things as he walked up to the dusty, ruined door of the similarly dusty, ruined building. “Gash!” he yelled angrily.

“Gash here reporting for duty, sir!” replied the hero, Gash, who was to be the professor’s bodyguard on this mission. Most heroes wouldn’t be very excited for a mission like this, but Gash was just happy to be back in the field, after his last two missions both resulted in… incidents.

“I need you to break down this door.”

“Sir, yes, sir!” Gash replied, knocking down the door. The professor coughed as dust filled the air from the old door.

The two walked into the old building, finding the interior to look much more well kept than the exterior, but still it didn’t look like anyone had been there for a few weeks. “Gash, stay here while I see what’s in here.”

“Sir, yes-“

“No more “sirs”!”

“Yes sir- I mean, never mind!”

The professor walked into what looked like a high tech lab. There were dozens of computer monitors, and a large chair in front of the biggest one that appeared to be on. He sat down and wiped the dust of the screen. The monitor had a single file on it. “Hmm” muttered the professor out loud as he snaked the cursor to the file and clicked it.

The document appeared on the screen. He began to read it.

It was not two weeks after I was assigned The Project that he arrived. He was Nick Evero, a hero on a recon mission for The Breakout. He came to this asteroid looking for escaped villains. Unluckily to him, my research was very important to my employer, so he had station several goons to protect me. They were quickly able to defeat him, locking him up in case he would be needed later. Unfortunately he would be needed.

In those two weeks The Project had consumed my life, so it was that a week after Evero arrived the first prototype was ready. So it was decided that it would be tested on Evero.

I was employed to create a life form, one that would be able to find other life forms, latch onto them and be able to control them. I was to create a Brain Slug. The first prototype was much different than the final design. The prototype had large, round, blind eyes that could only sense heat. It was also more slug-like, without legs. It had a beak, able to break into the victim’s head, in order to access the brain.

We all gathered around the window of the room Evero was restrained in, and watched in grotesque fascination as the slug slowly, menacingly, crawled toward Evero. Finally it made it, latching onto him. At first nothing seemed to happen. The first prototype was branded a failure, and we went back to researching. But the first slug was anything but a failure.

Over the next few weeks Evero was slowly mutated by the slug. It wasn’t until too late that we noticed. By the time we did the final version of the Slug was complete and we had packed up, ready to show it to my employer. As we got into our ship we heard the sound of metal being ripped to shreds. “Evero’s breaking free!” said the last one into the ship, panting. We quickly began to take off, hearing doors being ripped in half, clawed feet shredding the floor, and above all blood curdling shrieks. We saw Evero break though the door, to where our ship was. His shrieks were terrible; they still give me nightmares, as does the sight of him standing over some of my bodyguards, ripping them to shreds.

Be warned, soon there will be a massive Brain Attack. The brains will be much milder than the first prototype, of course.

“A Brain Attack! I’ll surely be promoted for finding this info! Gash!” said the professor out loud. Then he read the last paragraph of the document.

I should warn you too. Not that it’ll do you any good. He never left. If you’re reading this, you aren’t… alone.

A sense of dread washed over the professor. “ Gash…” He whispered. He looked to his side to see something eerily rolling towards him. As it stopped rolling the professor saw what it was: Gash’s head, still sparking. “Gash…” He whispered again. Suddenly he felt a presence, a dark presence, and then he knew. The document was right. He wasn’t alone.

dscn0048.jpg

dscn0049.jpg

dscn0050.jpg

dscn0055.jpg

dscn0056.jpg

dscn0057.jpg

dscn0058.jpg

dscn0059.jpg

dscn0060.jpg

The first ever Brain Slug.

Creator’s Comments:

I hope you like the MOC and story. I put lots of effort into both. I build Nick Evero in the way I would imagine a Hero Factory UCS set would be done. His non-mutated side was inspired by the 1.0 heroes. The mutated side was just my twisted imagination. I really like how he turned out. I love both color schemes and I think they work well together. Oh, and this is my first Hero Factory creation ever. Hope you enjoyed!

The build looks fantastic. I like the asymmetry and colour scheme.

Sorry for not reading your story, stories have never interested me....

So I saw this and I said "Huh. Experiment. Backstory might be about testing a brain on a prototype hero guy."

Suffice it to say I regret reading the story. It's so effective it gives off a spooky atmosphere, almost like it's true. And the MOC is brilliant. Everything thrown into a single MOC, added by some asymmetry and a great colour scheme. Purple and silver, black and red. It's all too good and fits the scary campfire story type backstory.

The build looks fantastic. I like the asymmetry and colour scheme.

Sorry for not reading your story, stories have never interested me....

Thanks! Ha, ha, that's OK. I probably wouldn't read it either. :laugh:

So I saw this and I said "Huh. Experiment. Backstory might be about testing a brain on a prototype hero guy."

Suffice it to say I regret reading the story. It's so effective it gives off a spooky atmosphere, almost like it's true. And the MOC is brilliant. Everything thrown into a single MOC, added by some asymmetry and a great colour scheme. Purple and silver, black and red. It's all too good and fits the scary campfire story type backstory.

Ha, ha! Good guess! Yeah, I've been writing the story in my head for the past few nights... not the best time to do it! :grin:

Thank Infernum,now I'm probably going look around my room at night thanks.

That aside it's a great moc.I like the asymmetry as well, it seems to work here.

But my main gripe is that it doesn't look HF to me.

Thank Infernum,now I'm probably going look around my room at night thanks.

That aside it's a great moc.I like the asymmetry as well, it seems to work here.

But my main gripe is that it doesn't look HF to me.

Sorry. :grin: . I see what you mean about non looking like a hero, but I tried to make his normal half look as much like a 1.0 hero as possible. He has wider lower legs with the foot piece, like 1.0 heroes. He has the contrast color at the knee. And I think the torso looks kinda like one of the big, specialized pieces TLG did for each Hero. My goal here wasn't to build in a hero factory style, but to adapt my style to a hero. So think about it like my original take on Hero Factory, or just a UCS Hero. Hope that explained my view. :wink:

Sorry. :grin: . I see what you mean about non looking like a hero, but I tried to make his normal half look as much like a 1.0 hero as possible. He has wider lower legs with the foot piece, like 1.0 heroes. He has the contrast color at the knee. And I think the torso looks kinda like one of the big, specialized pieces TLG did for each Hero. My goal here wasn't to build in a hero factory style, but to adapt my style to a hero. So think about it like my original take on Hero Factory, or just a UCS Hero. Hope that explained my view. :wink:

Can't blame you,I've seen your style it's really good,but it's more adapted to a Bionicle approach as are a lot of moccers on Mocpages.

But still pretty good moc. :)

Utterly fantastic. The bionicle aesthetic might not look too much like Hero Factory, but the MOC itself is too impressive for that to matter much.

Just like Jazz's DH entry, doesn't look especially HF, but damn, this is epic.

Yeah, I'm gonna echo the other's sentiments, the build itself is fantastic, but aside from the core doesn't really say 'hero' to me. Reminds me of a thing Chro here built once, the name of the character escapes me at the moment.

Reminds me of a thing Chro here built once, the name of the character escapes me at the moment.

Likus

Utterly fantastic. The bionicle aesthetic might not look too much like Hero Factory, but the MOC itself is too impressive for that to matter much.

Thanks! :classic:

Just like Jazz's DH entry, doesn't look especially HF, but damn, this is epic.

Thanks Chro! Some of yours inspired this guy! :wink:

Yeah, I'm gonna echo the other's sentiments, the build itself is fantastic, but aside from the core doesn't really say 'hero' to me. Reminds me of a thing Chro here built once, the name of the character escapes me at the moment.

Thanks! Read my reply to Zachattacx. :wink:

Likus

Yup!

A very impressive MoC overall, but as some have said, not entirely a "Hero" MoC; a slapped on Hero Core does not a Hero make.

However, that aside, it's a very impressive MoC. The weird limb shapes are probably my least favorite part; the bar-shaped stomach and the fat shins make him look a little weird, but it all works toward the aesthetic. The number of protrusions are also a little weird, but again, it works, especially on the monster side. Personally, I would have made the silver Hero side more streamlined, which defines a Hero appearance, usually.

The half an half appearance is done very well here, which isn't something we've seen a lot of; the creeping black on his shoulder, especially, is nice, and a good use of Kanohi and other BIONICLE parts.

Overall, something to further designate this guy as a Hero would have been cool, but it's a great MoC regardless.

Also, no weapon? Seems like you could make a pretty sweet weapon for this guy.

Well when you can rip some one to shreads, I don't think you need a weapon,but it would still be nice to have something.

As featured in the story....nobody loves story.

This looks great! I thought mine was pretty good, but then I saw this and thought, "well crap." There's always 2nd place! :tongue:

The only thing I think is an issue, is the lack of the streamlined HF 2.0 look.

I originally wanted to do something like this, with one black corrupted side, but I couldnt get it to work well and I saw Warhead's entry.

A very impressive MoC overall, but as some have said, not entirely a "Hero" MoC; a slapped on Hero Core does not a Hero make.

However, that aside, it's a very impressive MoC. The weird limb shapes are probably my least favorite part; the bar-shaped stomach and the fat shins make him look a little weird, but it all works toward the aesthetic. The number of protrusions are also a little weird, but again, it works, especially on the monster side. Personally, I would have made the silver Hero side more streamlined, which defines a Hero appearance, usually.

The half an half appearance is done very well here, which isn't something we've seen a lot of; the creeping black on his shoulder, especially, is nice, and a good use of Kanohi and other BIONICLE parts.

Overall, something to further designate this guy as a Hero would have been cool, but it's a great MoC regardless.

Also, no weapon? Seems like you could make a pretty sweet weapon for this guy.

A weapon? Like the others said, he doesn't really need them, but a weapon growing out of his mutated arm would be cool! Too bad I took him apart immediately after I took pictures. :grin:

I have to echo everyone and say that it feels more like I'm looking at an OoMN member than a Hero but ignoring style, this is freaking amazing.

Well when you can rip some one to shreads, I don't think you need a weapon,but it would still be nice to have something.

As featured in the story....nobody loves story.

Ha, ha, yeah.

This looks great! I thought mine was pretty good, but then I saw this and thought, "well crap." There's always 2nd place! :tongue:

The only thing I think is an issue, is the lack of the streamlined HF 2.0 look.

I originally wanted to do something like this, with one black corrupted side, but I couldnt get it to work well and I saw Warhead's entry.

Thanks! I loved your entry! I agree about the streamlined look, but I wanted something more like the slightly more complex look of the 1.0 heroes.

Heck WARHEAD's entry gives me nightmares of even attempting going into this contest.lol

You should enter! :classic:

I have to echo everyone and say that it feels more like I'm looking at an OoMN member than a Hero but ignoring style, this is freaking amazing.

Thanks!

Well I already have my moc ready and everything but I haven't taken photos execpt one,which is my profile pic.

Well I already have my moc ready and everything but I haven't taken photos execpt one,which is my profile pic.

Well your profile pic looks awesome! :classic::thumbup:

Omg when i saw this the first thing i thought was " its massive!" great job :thumbup: good luck in the contest.

Yeah most of my recent MOCs have been giant.