Savage Oppress

What Lego-related thing did you do today?

Since Force Friday I've been on a Star Wars kick. I've built my favorite ships, 9525 Pre Vizsla's Fighter, 7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle, 8097 Slave I, 7930 Bounty Hunter Gunship, & 75024 HH-87 Starhopper. If I can move stuff around, I may build more...

Busy day for Lego...

* Built a small pond entirely out of PAB bricks (took 2 trips to 2 different Lego stores in a couple days, Cleveland & Columbus)

* Lightly modified the 42043 Arocs. Mainly tube management.

* Completed building & lightly modified the 42030 Volvo for future pf lights.

* Modified the rear cargo door on my "cargo plane" (480sq stud storage. Its boxy, its ugly not worth posting).

* Swapped some minifigure's hairpieces with the new ones I got from the Lego store build-a-mini to create a more appropriate appearance per mini. Changed which minifigure goes with whatever set.

Have been working on the 42039 mod further, tore down the cockpit, moved the windshield (and dashboard) two studs back, moved the mounting point for the nose-panels two studs back, did the same with the front splitter and currently working on shortening the headlights by one stud (all that shortening has to come from somewhere), with the shortened nose it is starting to look like a while different model.

Also been steadily expanding my Bricklink wanted list (ive been using some off-color parts on the 42039 for the sake of progress, and the new doors will need a bunch of parts too), and patiently waiting for pay-day before i start ordering a whole bunch of parts again.

Received my S@H order of the Winter Toy Shop and Jasmine's Exotic Palace today and build the later. The Toy Shop is set aside for building in December. Also bought Action Comics #1 Superman on eBay. And no, I'm not going to tell what I paid for it.

Displayed my updated Friends Train at an event and it seemed to be hit with the young girls. :classic:

Okay its not technically today... but yesterday I spent my time in the most annoying Lego activity... I clipped the top of my tiny-little-pieces-tray (its the inside tray of a Lego advent calendar) and flipped it over, sending teeny tiny lego parts all over the floor... and I had to spend ages finding them and sorting them back into the compartments. Which was a good thing in the end because now they are very organised... all the studs are together; all the 1x1 tiles and cheese pieces are together, etc etc its great... It will last a week, maybe less.

Hi,

My wife and I re-built the 31035 beach hut (http://brickset.com/...35-1/Beach-Hut) and the 5766 Log cabin (http://brickset.com/sets/5766-1/Log-Cabin) from a beach diorama I made to they original forms (oh damn... I followed instructions !).

It was a nice way to build with each other, as she is not into LEGO as I am.

Agonizing over whether or not to get 75083, i can get it for €48 (rather then €65 MSRP), and i like the AT-DP (and the Kallus minifig), but money..

Also, being pissed that my BL order from last Tuesday is still on "packed"

Today has been a day of negative emotions so far

Expanded the wall of empire/sith with an extra small shelf, where my Sith Fury now sits, opening up space for the Tie proto on the main shelf next to Darth's Tie, not sure if im gonna try to squeeze three Ties in there (depends on how much space the Proto takes up), or maybe ill just make a hangar diorama in there.

Also, hoping to finally get my BL order in with the parts for my microfighter scale Tie proto moc...

The organisation of eBay bulk buys has begun!

It starts with colours, then size (big or small for now). One day (ONE DAY...) all the pieces will be sorted by type.

I need to research brick organisation and storage systems.

Well, I found a guy on Craigslist who pays people in Lego to help sort Lego. I get to keep 10% of what I sort. It's pretty neat. I'm finding all sorts of interesting pieces that I've never seen, plus I get to pull pieces that are useful for MOCs I'm working on. All in all, it's a pretty sweet deal. Just started looking through my second batch today.

Every night, I go though a portion of my collection to pull parts for my UCS Falcon build. I am confident I will pull 50% - 60% of the pieces from my own bricks before hitting Bricklink.