Am I the only person who thinks that LEGO needs to make some new armor pieces?

Like in the episode Breakout, Rocka and Splitface have an armor piece (Rocka has 2) that has a axle hole on it. I really wish that LEGO would make something like that.

What are your thoughts on LEGO making new armor pieces?

New armor molds would be good. As for armor with axle holes, I really don't see the point. Just using a balljoint, or something like a t-piece through the small hole would work just as well when using it on a piece other than an HF bone.

Edited by SmoothJazz

I got a list:

1. New hands (one that has a third hole similar to bionicle ones), some claw hands would be nice

2. New feet

3. A new mid-section mold to incorporate a thicker body (More ball joints please)

4. A back armor piece with axle holes or Ball Joints would be the best thing ever

5. More colors for the new heads. It doesn't always have to be transparent. Bring back solid colors

New armor molds would be good. As for armor with axle holes, I really don't see the point. Just using a balljoint, or something like a t-piece through the small hole would work just as well when using it on a piece other than an HF bone.

I'm just saying that a piece like that would make revamping sets like Furno XL much easier. Unfortunately, my only option is using a small bone piece on the lower wrist so he can have 2 hands.

I'd like to see a torso piece that would allow waist articulation. Other than that, I'm actually quite fine with the assortment of pieces we already have in Hero Factory.

At least in terms of molds. There are still plenty of colours I'd like to see more often in Hero Factory.

I'd like to see a symmetrical armor piece that attaches to the crotch joint of the Hero Factory torso beam, perhaps something somewhat resembling the codpiece used on Toa from the first three BIONICLE movies, or the lower section of the 2.0 torso shell. It could be around 3x3x3, much like the basic 3M shell.

My reason for this is that the numerous connection points on the upper body of Hero Factory torso shells makes it very easy to create custom armor solutions for figures of this size. However, in many cases, such as Toxic Reapa, Furno XL, and Jet Rocka, this leaves the lower torso conspicuously exposed, which is not helped by the fact there is such a difference in width between the hips and waist of the torso beam.

A piece like this could make custom armor solutions a lot easier, and furthermore with a generic ball snap in its design it could easily be used as an alternate style of armor on limbs. It would additionally be a good first step towards designing models with waist articulation. It would mean that the crotch of a figure would no longer be directly level with the hip joints, which improves proportions for many models. And it would allow the torso to be armored just as well from the front and back, something which is currently very difficult. Sets that include back armor, such as the medium-sized Hero sets from 2012 and 2013, rarely have back armor substantial enough to cover the upper and lower torso, though armoring the lower torso isn't necessarily as important as covering the hollow chest cavity.

This is the only armor piece I think is conspicuously absent from Hero Factory. Other areas that often go without armor, such as the back, are generally easy enough to arrive at a custom solution for using existing pieces (a dedicated back armor piece would be nice, of course, but with the current torso shell's connection points I find it hard to envision one that would not be especially limiting).

A feminine chest plate for torso shells, much like the more masculine one introduced in the Super Heroes theme, would be nice in some contexts, especially if it can still support a Hero Core or similar details, but this would make more of a difference in set designs than in MOCs — feminine MOCs can be achieved in many ways with existing pieces, even if the end result is more complex than would be acceptable in a set at the same scale.

The codpiece is a wonderful idea Aanchir. Just like you explained, a piece shaped like Vakama's codpiece in that pic would also work great as an armour piece on a characters arms or legs, so it would be also versatile and a nice addition to the sortiment of shells.

And of course, you gote my sympathy with mentioning waist articulation in that regard. :laugh:

MOLDS:

Feet

HEAD WITH EYES

Shells

Recoulors

BA Head in Red/Orange

Limbs in White, Orange, Metru Red, Metru Green etc.

Doesn't a similar topic already exist ? IMHO, I think a mod should merge these two topics.

Oh yeah, that's one other thing: a foot piece with an ankle one module lower than the ankle of the current 2.0 foot piece. This would be great for three reasons. First, it'd be fairly well-proportioned on smaller figures, or at least no less well-proportioned than foot pieces with the ankle in its typical position. Second, it'd work well with a friction joint for larger figures, as opposed to current foot pieces like those used for Stormer XL and Furno XL which lead to ridiculously high ankle placement. And third, it would be a lot more versatile for sculptural applications since the ball cup wouldn't stick off of it the same way as on the current foot piece. In other words, you could use it as an armor piece similarly to how the Toa Metru foot is used on sets like Brutaka.

I'd like a small assortment of new feet and hands, personally.

Maybe some sort of new multi-part torso to shake things up a bit.

Agreed, multi-part torso skeletons are a must. It would definitely help with titan-sized builds and general articulation.

I especially like the first batch, Takanuinuva. They would be very useful to incorporate more Bionicle limbs into MOCs using the new system.

The second and third batch looks also interesting, though I can't use of any particular reason for them right now. Well, except for the 1st and 2nd piece in the third batch - they could be very useful for giving titans double-jointed legs and elbows.