Darth Dino

"Best" Darth Vader minifig

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi

i do not own a set with Darth Vader but i have a huge desire for this fig. Most figs i own are OT and new, at least fleshies.

Which Vader fig from which set do you prefer? Its a fig to play with, not a display or MISB fig like the chrome black Vader.

If you suberb Mods know setnumbers i would be happy if someone edit my post and ads a poll.

I do not know any of the figs and if and how they differ. I would like to have a "good head", fitting to the OT style of actual sets.

Would be nice if some of you die hard fig collectors that have any Vader produced make a picture and post this here.

Thanks

Dino

Probably my favorite is the TIE Advanced minifig. Just cause it's normal.

Hi

thank you very much for the links, they are very helpful.

I think i will go for the Vader with white pupils, a detail that i did not know to care about. This little detail will make him fit as best to my existing figs.

(and its yet another reason to save up for the MF) :)

Dino

A bit of history behind Darth Vader. Each Darth Vader in ANH, ESB, ROJ, ROTS is unique and different. There are changes in his helmet ie shape, paint scheme and other details. Chest Armor is different in paint and shape. The Chest Box has different color lights, switches, markings, and other small details. The same goes for the Belt, Belt Boxes, the Belt Buckle, the Shin Guards, the Boots, the Cape, the Inner Robe, the Gloves, the Body Suit and the Lightsaber. If I was to make a distinction of what movie each Lego Darth Vader came from, the older version with the red and blue chest lights would either be ESB or ROTJ. The new Lego Darth Vader would most likely be a ROTS Vader, but could pass for ANH. This determination is made by looking at his green and red chest box lights, and his armor. ROTS helmet is also more symmetrical than the ANH one, but of course that cannot be ascertained by looking at the Lego helmet. The paint scheme and shape on the chest armor has a distinct difference between ROTS and ANH. Additionally the Inner Robe goes over the Chest Armor in AHN and under the Chest Armor in ROTS. I suppose it would be hard for Lego to develop a Darth Vader with these distinctions, but I would like to see them revamp him by either giving him an actual Chest Armor and maybe create a more accurate helmet. I think in the long run it would not be cost effective, so I don't know if it would ever get done. I think they did a fabulous job with Darth Malgus. I guess time will tell.

The original Vader from 1999's TIE Fighter & Y-Wing is my sentimental favorite. In those early days LEGO's stylized Star Wars figures were spot-on, and Vader was no exception. When I saw his grey face and scar I was hooked. LEGO had taken a very frightening, murderous character and fit him perfectly into its harmless, playful universe. In short, Vader has never looked so cute!

The most current Vader I own is from the 2011 Falcon. He looks very good, and I'm glad he's kept his original helmet although I would be interested to see what a re-mold might look like.

The original Vader from 1999's TIE Fighter & Y-Wing is my sentimental favorite. In those early days LEGO's stylized Star Wars figures were spot-on, and Vader was no exception. When I saw his grey face and scar I was hooked. LEGO had taken a very frightening, murderous character and fit him perfectly into its harmless, playful universe. In short, Vader has never looked so cute!

The most current Vader I own is from the 2011 Falcon. He looks very good, and I'm glad he's kept his original helmet although I would be interested to see what a re-mold might look like.

I'm thinking it would be a 2 piece afair with one of them being based off of Darth Malgus's armor and resperator and a piece that is just the top and back of the helmet.

Edited by Knightsword

I'm thinking it would be a 2 piece afair with one of them being based off of Darth Malgus's armor and resperator and a piece that is just the top and back of the helmet.

I like the idea of this, or they could go the iron man route.

Generally sentiments and nostalgia aside usually the newer of version of anything is better. I can't think of any newer minifigures that don't get better over time not counting nostalgia and sentiments. Though sometimes when there's a drastic change in style (Clone Wars) it's simply a matter of taste.

The latest Vader is the best. I don't really count the medal Vader as the same line. However the DAMAGED Vader was cool, arguably cooler but again, it's not exactly the "same" minifigure since it's battle damage.

Edited by BrickG

I tend to agree when it comes to minifigs......

8907496990_937f9fb4ae.jpg

Not sure about sets though......depends on the definition of 'better' ? (is a brick built model better than a pre-fab'd, but more realistic one?.....but that's another topic).

...and to undo all of the above, I think the 2009 chrome black vader is kinda cool :wink:

LLL

I 've only got the one from the new falcon, so that's the best one for me.

I also have the Vader alarm clock, and he wakes me up every day. The most useful fig in my collection by far! :laugh:

What's the alarm tone?

"you may dispense with the pleasantries sleepyhead, I am here to put you back on schedule"?

"I find your lack of conciousness disturbing" ?

"The snooze is strong with this one" ?

"I want you awake, not excuses" ?

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the snooze button"?

"WAKEUP!!, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"?

What's the alarm tone?

"you may dispense with the pleasantries sleepyhead, I am here to put you back on schedule"?

"I find your lack of conciousness disturbing" ?

"The snooze is strong with this one" ?

"I want you awake, not excuses" ?

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the snooze button"?

"WAKEUP!!, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"?

Ha, Ha! :head_back: Someone needs to find a way to put those phrases it there. That would be nerd- Epic!

I have a couple different Darth Vaders, but a great addition to my collection was the Anakin/Vader from the 8096 Palpatine's Shuttle.

lego-8096-star-wars-emperor-palpatine-s-shuttle-2.jpg

mini-637-1.jpg?psid=1

My favourite is the one from the blue and black tie fighter set with a lightsaber that lights up when you press the head.

quick question, i bought the new one from the magnet, and also saw that the watches carry him, is the one from the watch the new one? What sucks about the magnet is that you can't take it off because it is screwed in there...