Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafia Mafia: Day Two - Lynch Lunch Hour!

I know, but it's so utterly pointless that it just seems like fluff. We can't ignore cases just because it's typical for Day One. The second part is far from true. The post where you examined the Doctor's behavior was a perfect time to vote.

Here's what I was talking about.

I think the votes will be cut off at the time of the first post, which was just under two hours ago. I think that's what the werewolf said.

Meaning, all votes after Kristel's would be void.

I agreed with the cop and according to my understanding of the rules no votes were valid after that time, so I said my peace and went to bed. Hope that clarifies things.

I'm not so sure why I'm getting hammered for saying that I think the Stump is being too quiet and that I'll vote for him because of it. It seems like a completely plausible reason to vote for someone. Maybe I'm guilty of not metagaming everybody in this game as others have done since I'm never played with the guy. It's what got def killed. Others have claimed that they "know" he's town trying to get the scum. HTF do you know that? I will say that his recent post was very good, but where was it so long ago when we were wondering where he was?

I have no problem backing off on the Stump and going after the Cultist, he's probably my #2, and the Virgin is right up there too. I'm always going to be leery of non-participants. Pure and simple.

I have already stated my change in vote yesterday, no need to go on and on about it. I was under the impression we needed a majority vote on somebody and changed from somebody that nobody else had voted for to a person that had garnered a lot of attention. No lynch for the town doesn't generally help anything this early in the game.

This touches on a prediction I have, that the scum will focus on using the secondary lynch to get rid of a townie. I would imagine that people would be less suspicious of the lynchers of the second person, especially since you theoretically won't need that many votes to confirm who the second lynch is (unless the votes are all tied up by the end of the day, which based on yesterday is a real possibility). Meanwhile, using inactivity as the basis for a vote gives the lyncher some plausible deniability ("hey, I didn't have strong feelings towards any candidate, so I thought it would be wise to just vote for the quietest person").

Well, if they were going to do that, they won't now that you've mentioned it. Perhaps theories like this are better kept to one's self and then observe the pattern. Now the Scum may happily let a few Townies lead the second lynch knowing that you are looking there for them. But, now that I've said that perhaps we're back to square one. :wacko:

I'm not so sure why I'm getting hammered for saying that I think the Stump is being too quiet and that I'll vote for him because of it. It seems like a completely plausible reason to vote for someone. Maybe I'm guilty of not metagaming everybody in this game as others have done since I'm never played with the guy. It's what got def killed. Others have claimed that they "know" he's town trying to get the scum. HTF do you know that? I will say that his recent post was very good, but where was it so long ago when we were wondering where he was?

Bold added for emphasis. What got def killed exactly?

I find it interesting that people know there's a vig claiming to me, yet nobody is interested in if he targeted anyone last night or whatever else he/she might claim which would lead us to more info about the kills we did see. I'll end the suspense. He/she claims to have not killed last night.

I find it interesting that people know there's a vig claiming to me, yet nobody is interested in if he targeted anyone last night or whatever else he/she might claim which would lead us to more info about the kills we did see. I'll end the suspense. He/she claims to have not killed last night.

Was the action unsuccessful (e.g. blocker or doctor) or was there a downer pill in play? Or did the vig choose not to kill in the night?

Was the action unsuccessful (e.g. blocker or doctor) or was there a downer pill in play? Or did the vig choose not to kill in the night?

All I can say is he/she did not kill.

All I can say is he/she did not kill.

Still find it kind of silly that there's already a claim and it's not by a JOAT to an investigation-confirmed Townie. Have you Benin contact with the vig about a potential target tonight? If we have contact with the vig, we sort of get a "second third lynch", as we can give him our ideas about kill targets - a potentially very useful tool.

*been in

Anybody can make suggestions to the vig. I'm sure he/she will read the thread. I have not discussed anything about a target for tonight, no. He/she has not asked my advice either.

Funny that s/he claims to you and then doesn't work with you - you'd think a second opinion on a powerful night action from an experienced player would be the reason s/he claimed to you in the first place. :tongue:

Well, if they were going to do that, they won't now that you've mentioned it. Perhaps theories like this are better kept to one's self and then observe the pattern. Now the Scum may happily let a few Townies lead the second lynch knowing that you are looking there for them. But, now that I've said that perhaps we're back to square one. :wacko:

Bold added for emphasis. What got def killed exactly?

Being metagamed. He changed his game 180 degrees and it got him killed Night 1 because it made him very suspicious. Remembering Day 1, I think you can agree with this.

Being metagamed. He changed his game 180 degrees and it got him killed Night 1 because it made him very suspicious. Remembering Day 1, I think you can agree with this.

But that's where your logic is off. If the Scum killed him, they thought he was playing a good game. If the vig killed him, then that we be a metagame kill. But the Scum wouldn't have metagamed killed him because he changed his game. So why are you thinking it was a metagame kill? You think he was killed because someone found him suspicious. That's weird...

If you're Scum, my Male Lover, and you know the Scum didn't kill him and the vig claims not to, that would be the only way I could see of you thinking of The Cop's def as a metagame kill...

Hello, brain? :facepalm: I mean The Cop's death. :blush:

I'll explain. I've also been in touch with the chatty person claiming to be the vigilante. The vig says that they targeted The Witch last night and got the result of "Unsuccessful". This led us to believe that either the vig was blocked, the Witch was protected (an odd choice), or that the Witch is the bulletproof serial killer.

I stated that I would go forward with this after conversing with the Vig so that they didn't have to. That's my grapevine and I'm sticking to it. It's a lead that I'm willing to follow in bold:

Vote: The Witch (Waterbrick Down)

I'll explain. I've also been in touch with the chatty person claiming to be the vigilante. The vig says that they targeted The Witch last night and got the result of "Unsuccessful". This led us to believe that either the vig was blocked, the Witch was protected (an odd choice), or that the Witch is the bulletproof serial killer.

I stated that I would go forward with this after conversing with the Vig so that they didn't have to. That's my grapevine and I'm sticking to it. It's a lead that I'm willing to follow in bold:

Our vig does seem pretty chatty. Odd to see someone claim to two different non-confirmed players this early. :skeptic: What do you have to say for yourself, Witch? Inventor or SK, or do you want to go with a different story?

I think you're all jumping to conclusions, especially you Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude. Please allow your brain to process things before you go spewing it all out in public. Please.

Not to mention, we've talked to The Witch about this, Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude and you've left out the explanation he gave. Why would you do that?

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I think you're all jumping to conclusions, especially you Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude. Please allow your brain to process things before you go spewing it all out in public. Please.

Not to mention, we've talked to The Witch about this, Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude and you've left out the explanation he gave. Why would you do that?

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I'd love to hear that, because blocks, protection, being an inventor, or a pill could mean he's not the SK. Please enlighten us, those of you in the know.

I do find it hard to swallow that the vig has already claimed to someone, if this is the case with all our power roles than we'd better hope to the mafia gods that they're only claiming to other townies, otherwise we're going to be in a whole lot of trouble really quick. This is all assuming that the vig is telling the truth as to his role. As to your accusation, I think you've forgotten a few other possibilities which may or may not be the case.

But that's where your logic is off. If the Scum killed him, they thought he was playing a good game. If the vig killed him, then that we be a metagame kill. But the Scum wouldn't have metagamed killed him because he changed his game. So why are you thinking it was a metagame kill? You think he was killed because someone found him suspicious. That's weird...

If you're Scum, my Male Lover, and you know the Scum didn't kill him and the vig claims not to, that would be the only way I could see of you thinking of The Cop's def as a metagame kill...

Hello, brain? :facepalm: I mean The Cop's death. :blush:

I definitely see where you're coming from and that's why I assumed it was a Vig kill or Serial kill. He was getting a lot of heat from guys like you and wouldn't really make a great Scum kill candidate because he was already getting lynch votes, he was doing fine screwing with you guys all by himself. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but that was the way that I saw it.

We are trying to verify the Witch's claim, which would've been the smart thing to do before blabbing the circumstances to anyone. I know I've blabbed in the past, but this is epic. Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude, don't sink this ship. Don't Dave us.

I do find it hard to swallow that the vig has already claimed to someone, if this is the case with all our power roles than we'd better hope to the mafia gods that they're only claiming to other townies, otherwise we're going to be in a whole lot of trouble really quick. This is all assuming that the vig is telling the truth as to his role. As to your accusation, I think you've forgotten a few other possibilities which may or may not be the case.

Agreed. I don't know what side you're on, Witch, even if your claim turns out to be true, but your advice is sound. Shut your mouths people, unless you know you can trust someone. I know other people are talking to Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude behind the scenes. Be careful. He blabs everything.

Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude, I've said this a lot already, but please slow down. To get the answers, we have to be patient. There was absolutely zero reason to reveal what we know about The Witch before we could verify the claim. :ugh:

What about the obvious possibility that the Witch had a lifesaver pill? odds of that are about 1:12, higher than any of the other possibilities.

Our vig does seem pretty chatty. Odd to see someone claim to two different non-confirmed players this early. :skeptic: What do you have to say for yourself, Witch? Inventor or SK, or do you want to go with a different story?

Yep, surprised to see so much claiming from a vig - while I'm leaning town on hinck, I still don't know I'd be claiming anyhting to anyone yet.

I definitely see where you're coming from and that's why I assumed it was a Vig kill or Serial kill. He was getting a lot of heat from guys like you and wouldn't really make a great Scum kill candidate because he was already getting lynch votes, he was doing fine screwing with you guys all by himself. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but that was the way that I saw it.

Didn't you say it after I said the vig didn't kill? And why would an axe killer who quotes Lion King be our vig? I'm a little nervous about you so confidently assuming that The Cop was killed because he was suspicious.

As long as all of this is out in the open, what do you guys think of The Witch as a vig kill target? Does that seem feckuckeded to anybody else? Because I don't understand it and I've heard the vig's explanation: "sometimes you have to take a shot in the dark." Now that this has all been revealed, I'll be honest, I don't like this vig. I don't necessarily believe the claim. Why would the vig target someone with no good reason with so much at stake? And the original reason he/she contacted me was to find out if I sent anyone to block him/her. :wacko: Doesn't that sound like it could potentially be someone who knew I am Town.

So, please, please please please, if this is a false claim Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude and I have received and the real vig is out there, please find a way to alert us to your presence. I know of a way to keep you protected.

Who's to say who the scum would or wouldn't kill but the scum themselves? Big assumption to make that he'd be a bad scum kill - maybe they were worried that if he was less aggressive the town would be more likely to rally around him. :sceptic:

Why would the SK take him out? I'd think a SK would want the distraction too, just like scum would. Keep the town busy with anything other than figuring out the SK identity.

We are trying to verify the Witch's claim, which would've been the smart thing to do before blabbing the circumstances to anyone.

You mean the vig's claim, right?

Why would the SK take him out? I'd think a SK would want the distraction too, just like scum would. Keep the town busy with anything other than figuring out the SK identity.

Furthermore, why would the SK take out someone who was "suspicious"?

My Male Lover, I might die without you but you're sleeping on the couch.

You mean the vig's claim, right?

No, I mean the Witch! The Witch has a good reason to not have been killable and we have to wait to verify it. :wall: Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude!!! :angry: *shakes fist*

Didn't you say it after I said the vig didn't kill? And why would an axe killer who quotes Lion King be our vig? I'm a little nervous about you so confidently assuming that The Cop was killed because he was suspicious.

As long as all of this is out in the open, what do you guys think of The Witch as a vig kill target? Does that seem feckuckeded to anybody else? Because I don't understand it and I've heard the vig's explanation: "sometimes you have to take a shot in the dark." Now that this has all been revealed, I'll be honest, I don't like this vig. I don't necessarily believe the claim. Why would the vig target someone with no good reason with so much at stake? And the original reason he/she contacted me was to find out if I sent anyone to block him/her. :wacko: Doesn't that sound like it could potentially be someone who knew I am Town.

So, please, please please please, if this is a false claim Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude and I have received and the real vig is out there, please find a way to alert us to your presence. I know of a way to keep you protected.

Well, as a relative noob myself, seems like the vig could be an inexperienced player here. I can't say who I'd have taken out after day 1 if I were the vig - I can sorta see the "shot in the dark" explanation. Why not take out a quiet person, hoping they're scum trying to stay under the radar on the first day? Especially if the vig wasn't especially on top of things (the first days with so many players can get overwhelming) I can understand not making a better choice. Yeah, means we don't have a great vig on our side, but that's the luck of the draw. Hopefully if this claim is real they can be helped into being the most useful vig possible!

Well, as a relative noob myself, seems like the vig could be an inexperienced player here. I can't say who I'd have taken out after day 1 if I were the vig - I can sorta see the "shot in the dark" explanation. Why not take out a quiet person, hoping they're scum trying to stay under the radar on the first day? Especially if the vig wasn't especially on top of things (the first days with so many players can get overwhelming) I can understand not making a better choice. Yeah, means we don't have a great vig on our side, but that's the luck of the draw. Hopefully if this claim is real they can be helped into being the most useful vig possible!

I'm not going to give any info away about the player, but trust me I've weighed all factors and don't like the claim. There's only one vig, so if we don't get a counter-claim, we're stuck with this one. And The Witch wasn't quiet on Day One. The Witch, despite not voting, called The Doctor out and to a lesser extent, The Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude for not following through with his promise to analyze behavior, something we're still waiting on.

No, I mean the Witch! The Witch has a good reason to not have been killable and we have to wait to verify it. :wall: Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude!!! :angry:*shakes fist*

I think I follow - there's several reasons the witch wouldn't be killable IF the vig is really the vig and telling the truth about the result. Obviously we wanna know which reason before lynching...

As far as if this is the real vig - would the scum really risk making a false claim so fast? Would they have investigated someone AND kill them and so perhaps get super lucky and take out the vig on night 1 and KNOW they did? Seems like we ran into similar in aperture, with suspicion of false role-claim...

I'm not going to give any info away about the player, but trust me I've weighed all factors and don't like the claim. There's only one vig, so if we don't get a counter-claim, we're stuck with this one. And The Witch wasn't quiet on Day One. The Witch, despite not voting, called The Doctor out and to a lesser extent, The Blacked-Out-Night-Action Dude for not following through with his promise to analyze behavior, something we're still waiting on.

I wouldn't expect any info - the "vig might be a noob" is just one explanation I was pondering. And true, the witch wasn't the quietest - I was thinking quiet in that they made relatively few posts and didn't vote.