LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

75023 Advent Calendar

75024 HH-87 Starhopper

75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser

From Brickset

DefenderCorvette2-TOR.jpg

HH87Starhopper-SWE.jpg

Edited by nrg

So the defender is TOR right? And the starhopper could be cw ow from 1313, given its background? I think the calendar will be Ep 3 themed next year

So the defender is TOR right? And the starhopper could be cw ow from 1313, given its background? I think the calendar will be Ep 3 themed next year

The starhopper is from CW, and precisely appears in episode (from Wookipedia)

• TCW_mini_logo.jpgStar Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo" (First appearance)
  • TCW_mini_logo.jpgStar Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
  • TCW_mini_logo.jpgStar Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
  • TCW_mini_logo.jpgStar Wars: The Clone Wars – "Massacre"
  • TCW_mini_logo.jpgStar Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
  • TCW_mini_logo.jpgStar Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
  • TCW_mini_logo.jpgStar Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"

The Defender-class is from the MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic and it is the ship for the Republic classes of Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular.

Hope to be usefull :classic:

Edited by Wedge09

So no Jango Fett remake? Does LEGO not know how desperately everyone wants one? 2013 was the opportunity for LEGO to give us one,. but instead they give us those ships and a dreadful remake of Jabba's Sail Barge. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rant over.

How do you know that there won't be a clone pilot the images of the gunship so far seem to be only preliminary images

You never know Lego may surprise you with one or two new pilots and a handful of clones

Trending recent history...

I think Jango Fett will be in either the AT-TE or spider droid, and there will be an ep2 slave 1 remake at some point in the near future

Agreed, but maybe thats my inner hopes talking! A new Jango is long over due.

Agreed, but maybe thats my inner hopes talking! A new Jango is long over due.

Any character from episode 2 is long overdue at this point.

A kamino set with Jango and Boba would be great. But I guess there's always the possibility somewhere down the line.

Ha! I knew they would release something with Zygerians! The head for the Legend of Chima wolve-people looks exactly like one of the slavers from that TCW storyline. Still, I´m not excited about it. Except for another chance at the new Styles of Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka there is probably nothing coming out of this set that could be used in displays concerning episodes other than the zygerian ones.

The TOR ship looks nice, but the only part I am interested are Sith troopers and I already have the opportunity to get as much of them as I want. Some special, new fig would be nice but as I know LEGO they won´t do any special pieces for their exclusive products and only recycle molds they already have.

Another advent calendar would be nice. Maybe with Santa Vader, so everyone who shelled out 50 bucks for a special "first injection Vader helmet" can throw him on the ground.

Any character from episode 2 is long overdue at this point.

A kamino set with Jango and Boba would be great. But I guess there's always the possibility somewhere down the line.

Oh, I lost my hope. AOTC is the most ignored movie of the LSW theme. The only sets themed after scenes from the movie were a summer wave in 02, around four sets in 2003 and the Hailfire Droid and Spider-Walker sets from 2008 of which the 08 set can still pass as TCW because of Fox and the Shiny.

Now the scenes of the film get a little more attention, but even then it´s only because of the 3D release and the need for a new LAAT for kids to play with. It probably will end like TESB. The only sets anyone releases for the film are about the only battle of the movie and the Slave One and the most interesting location (Bespin/Kamino) is treated like it doesn´t exist.

The point is that the recent battle pack 75000 cannot compensate the missing clone pilot in the new gunship, simply because 75000 doesn't contain a pilot.

Unfortunately, Lego doesn't seem to care about accuracy. The previous RGS (7676) is proof of this. The only clones that came from 7676 were a regular clone and Cody. Lego wanted you to buy their clone battlepack at the time (8014) and use the clone gunners to fill the role of the pilots. In fact the only clone pilots we ever got were from $50+ sets in the V-19 and Attack Shuttle.

I really hate to a pessimist with my predictions, but Lego really makes it hard to build a reasonable and accurate clone army.

Thanks for the information nrg!

Although I probally won't buy the 75025 Jedi Defender Class shuttle, I'm looking foward to seeeing how they design the ship and I hope it ends up being something like this since its most likely a TRU exclusive set...

75025 Jedi Defender Class Shuttle: Ven Zallow, Darth Malgus, Jedi Knight, Sith Warriorx2, Qyzen Fees, Sith Combat Droid-89.99$

I'm really excited to see the Starhopper though! If its based on the Escape form Kadavo episode of the CW I'll probally buy it, but I'm also opened to seeing one from the Massacre episode of the CW, here's how I hope both possiblites turn out since there it will most likely be a Walmart exclusive set...

75024 HH-87 Starhopper: Zygerrian Soilder, Anakin Skwalker, Zygerrian Queen Miraj Scintel-49.99$

75024 HH-87 Starhopper: Asajj Ventress, Mother Talzin, Dathomir Nightsister-49.99$

So I'm assuming that we now get two exclusive sets from Walmart, TRU and Target now per year, is this correct!?

I highly doubt at this point we'll be seeing a new Jango Fett Minifig this year, simply because he doesn't really belong in another sets at this point. Although I could be wrong, I bet we'll see a Jango Fett in 2014 in hopefully a new Jango Fett's Slave 1 set, which could included Jango, Boba, Lama Su and Obi-Wan for around 80$. I'm still expecting to see Mace Windo in either the AT-TE or Spider Droid though and I hope that we'll see a Geonosian Areana this year including a mess load of minifgs!

By the way, I was looking over the pictures again and I can NEW! stamped on the beside all the minifig except for the Super Battle Droids and Jabba, so we can expect to see hopefully a new jedi kingh, clone pilot and clone captain in the gunship!

Edited by North Lego Star

Probably not, maybe 3 clones total at best. Look at the last AT-TE. 1 regular clone and Rex for a seriously undermanned walker. Hell even look at the new RGS, 1 regular clone as the pilot and a specialized clone commander. Lego really likes to underman large SW vehicles and expect you to buy some of their battlepacks.

Its says on brickpedia and some other pages that 1 pilot will be in this set... Though we actually need 2 pilots , 1 is better then non I guess.

Edited by Cyberbricker

From everything that I know, the TOR set sounds good, as does the sail barge and any Geonosis set with the potential of including Coleman Trebor or Jango Fett, but I wouldn't get my hopes up

Edited by master3019

The Starhopper may not have Zygerians. It's appeared in many episodes of the Clone Wars but it was just reused a lot... so I guess they have the highest chance of ending up in that set. I'm also semi-surprised to hear about another Old Republic set. Still, it's nice to see that that line is selling well (it has to be if they're making sets for it for three waves in a row). Oh, and it's nice to see another advent calender!

Its says on brickpedia and some other pages that 1 pilot will be in this set... Though we actually need 2 pilots , 1 is better then non I guess.

Could be, but its so hard to make out anything from that picture. Then again its a preliminary.

Whoohoo! The Defender-class cruiser :cry_happy:

Thanks for the news, nrg :sweet:

I hope it comes with a cool-looking Jedi. Like that armor with a cloak over it :wub:

Regards,

Mitch

I knew it! A summer TOR set,

although I'm only interested in the figures we could get from it.

There could be some cool stuff in there.

The Starhopper may not have Zygerians. It's appeared in many episodes of the Clone Wars but it was just reused a lot... so I guess they have the highest chance of ending up in that set. I'm also semi-surprised to hear about another Old Republic set. Still, it's nice to see that that line is selling well (it has to be if they're making sets for it for three waves in a row). Oh, and it's nice to see another advent calender!

Sadly I think the Lego TOR sets are the only place the Old Republic is seeing any profit.