Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

We've discussed this in length before. Tran-pieces are made of a weaker plastic, and wouldn't look good as it would show the internal view of the minifig with where the arms fit in, etc. A torso, legs piece, hand piece, or whole minifig won't be made in transparent plastic.

We've discussed this in length before. Tran-pieces are made of a weaker plastic, and wouldn't look good as it would show the internal view of the minifig with where the arms fit in, etc. A torso, legs piece, hand piece, or whole minifig won't be made in transparent plastic.

They could always use different plastic

They could always use different plastic

Hi, are you reffering to ABS plastic?

Transparent pieces are not made of a "weaker" plastic. Transparent parts are made out of polycarbonate instead of ABS; it's not as flexible and has more friction. It's not really weaker; it just doesn't bend enough, which is why you often hear that trans arms might crack or be too hard to rotate if inserted into trans torsos.

Transparent pieces are not made of a "weaker" plastic. Transparent parts are made out of polycarbonate instead of ABS; it's not as flexible and has more friction. It's not really weaker; it just doesn't bend enough, which is why you often hear that trans arms might crack or be too hard to rotate if inserted into trans torsos.

Thanks Brickdoctor, it explains why they don't do ghosts or holograms.

Thanks Brickdoctor, it explains why they don't do ghosts or holograms.

Well... why they don't do them as otherwise "regular" minifigures in transparent plastic, anyway. There are, of course, minifigure ghosts (made with glow-in-the-dark ghostly "shroud" elements that fit over an assembly of a regular minifigure head, torso and legs) and holograms (regular transparent bricks decorated with stickers of minifigure-style character art).

Does anyone want to check if ToysRUs in the US has the Summer 2013 Lego Star Wars sets in their stores this week, since next week is the week of August 1, 2013.

Does anyone want to check if ToysRUs in the US has the Summer 2013 Lego Star Wars sets in their stores this week, since next week is the week of August 1, 2013.

The one around me has had them for the last week or so. Along with the new city sets. There have been some Star Wars summer sets spotted at Target as well.

I Don't know about anyone else but I'm hoping to be remembered by Santa with Jabba's Sail barge and the Ewok village! :-)

They have the LOTR summer sets at the Target near me, as well as some of the summer SW sets at a local Books-a-Million. I'm anticipating them to come out in a week or so more widely, as the delivery truck that serves BaM would likely also serve Target.

There have been some Star Wars summer sets spotted at Target as well.

That's true, I bought the Duel on Geonosis set and I saw the homing spider droid and the gunship. All the kids there gathered around the gunship and were amazed at it, but who can blame them?

Anyways I don't really care much for the HH-87 Starhopper, but does anyone know if it's a target or walmart exclusive in the USA? I know for a fact that it's not Toys R US because, like always, they have the bigger store exclusive (Jedi class defender cruiser)

Touchdown! found the Summer 2013 Star Wars sets at Toys R Us in Anderson, SC. They were placed around the store instead of the usual Lego aisle, so it was a scavenger hunt looking for the Jango Fett Set today, which i bought with the Lego Marvel Superheroes Captain America motorcycle from the Avengers.

This year the majority of sets were episode ll, but I was wondering why didn't they come out last year as it would have marked the ten year annerversary of AOTC

This year the majority of sets were episode ll, but I was wondering why didn't they come out last year as it would have marked the ten year annerversary of AOTC

This year was meant to be the 3D release of AOTC (I think), that's why they appears to be ROTS sets planed for next year, it looks like TLC planed ahead so maybe the next year after would have been ANH heavy.

This year was meant to be the 3D release of AOTC (I think), that's why they appears to be ROTS sets planed for next year, it looks like TLC planed ahead so maybe the next year after

would have been ANH heavy.

Thanks Mr Man, it all makes sense why they did that.

Actually, the original dates for the 3D re-releases (at least in the U.S.) were September 20 for Attack of the Clones, and October 4 for Revenge of the Sith.

I'm late to the party, but polycarbonate is also impact resistant. It's very popular for eyeglass lenses by making the overall prescription thinner/lighter/and then more impact resistant.

As far as LEGO figures go, it's been discussed above that it has more friction and thus can't have a full transparent minifigure. They used to do (IMO ugly) molded figures in the earlier SW universe. They could go back to them maybe? Or like someone mentioned the ghost shroud. Make a figure (again, molded/immovable) out of that opaque material to give the same effect. It wouldn't work like a normal minifigure and that might make people upset, but it would give the same overall silhouette in the end.

Just an idea..

Someone mentioned solid statue-like polycarbonate minifigs earlier. It's not a bad idea, but not as useful as many people would like.

This year was meant to be the 3D release of AOTC (I think), that's why they appears to be ROTS sets planed for next year, it looks like TLC planed ahead so maybe the next year after would have been ANH heavy.

It may yet be ANH heavy. Considering that the new movies will pick up from Luke Leia Han etc, it would not be a bad plan for Lucasfilms and Lego to push the focus to going back to those beginnings. They are going to be seeking to re familiarize everyone with the OT, so late 2014 may have some real love for OT fans.

It may yet be ANH heavy. Considering that the new movies will pick up from Luke Leia Han etc, it would not be a bad plan for Lucasfilms and

Lego to push the focus to going back to those

beginnings. They are going to be seeking to re

familiarize everyone with the OT, so late 2014

may have some real love for OT fans.

Will episodes 7,8 and 9 be shown in 3D then?

The sets are STILL not available in Australia..... -_________-

and then on top of that the lego is almost double the price as other countries. :angry::hmpf_bad:

Will episodes 7,8 and 9 be shown in 3D then?

It's modern Hollywood and Disney. Unless the bottom completely drops out of the 3d market this year (we can all pray, can't we?) I'm sure Disney will do the same 3d and non 3d dual release that all major action movies seem to get these days.