Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Go for the first option mate, and don't look back.

Done, and done! :thumbup:

Thank you WhiteFang, I didn't see that thread.

No problem at all. :classic:

Topic is now merged.

I'm getting some cash soon, I plan on doing some spending at the Lego Store in Anaheim. My budget is 150. I am interested in the Green Grocer but not sure. (I get 10% off) Any ideas?

Hey, I was thinking of buying lego atlantis, but which set do you think I should start off.?

I'm getting some cash soon, I plan on doing some spending at the Lego Store in Anaheim. My budget is 150. I am interested in the Green Grocer but not sure. (I get 10% off) Any ideas?

If you are interested in City Modular sets, and owned sets like Cafe Corner and Market Street, and bending to complete all of it, then get the Green Grocer before it completely runs out of stock.

Hey, I was thinking of buying lego atlantis, but which set do you think I should start off.?

Start with the regular small set such as 8057 Wreck Raider or submarines such as the 8060 Typhoon Turbo Sub and the 8075 Neptune Carrier. These sets are really very good, and those aquatic vehicles are very nice. However, it's ultimately up to you how important is Atlantis inside your priority list.

I think you should definatley get the Green Grocer before its out of stock forever. It has alot of nice details that makes it worth the money. But in the end its up to you if you want to buy it. :classic:

As WF said, Wreck Raider is an awesome sample set, or you can go for that Shark set.

I have 20 bucks and want to get two battlepacks, but an debating on water getting two Hoth packs or Two army men packs any thoughts?

However I'm not sure on that either, right now i don't know what theme to buy from its been a while since i have got a set so out of all the sets out no what would be a good deal for 20?

Edited by MrTools

I've got a choice between:

3182 Airport

7642 Garage

7633 Construction Site

7744 Police HQ

Just wandering about some pros and cons of the sets or which one is your personal favorite and why?

Having built all except the airport one (I have built the 2006 airport though) it depends on what things you like ?

Do you like fixing things ?

If you do, then go the garage 7642.

Do you like crime shows ?

If you do, then the cop shop is for you !

Do you like building things ?

If you do, then 7633 construction site will turn you in to Bob The Builder !

The police station is actually one the best sets Lego has done in a decade, my son loves it and it was our first set he and I put together as a father and son team build.

7642 and 7633 are also great playsets and all have the potential for MODing or making great MOC's (like I MOC with parts from all three sets)

Footnote - I had to buy a new police station late last year, my son asked Dad, where's my police station ? Oops ! :blush:

Anyway I hope that might help you 'Willdog' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Although that this question is not too easy to be answered since you're dealing with different sets when it comes to "action", I'll second this:

The police station is actually one the best sets Lego has done in a decade...

Have no hesitation buying the 7744 Police Headquarters. Lots of parts, a lot of building process involved, a great number of minifigs, two cars, one motorcycle, lots of play features and it looks just beautiful. Plus, the size is perfect for both classic town (if you are into that) and city displays.

Get it for sure! You won't regret it. :thumbup:

I will merge this topic over here in the next 12 hours.

You may continue the discussion over there.

WhiteFang

The Airport or the Police HQ.

The Airport as it has a great variety of minifigures, and an awesome airport.

The Police HQ has an awesome HQ, with a lot of accersories.

Zorbas is right that out of those four, the Police Station is probably overall the best set in terms of:

a) parts you get

b) playability

c) design

I would however place The Garage on pretty much the same level as the Police Station, because it is also a great City set - and one I personally would consider buying (if I weren't already chock full of wheels and gears and trucks).

I own the previous airport (7894) and even though the airport sets from the early 90s are still my favourites over these latest two, I must say I was pretty happy with it - mostly because of the nice assortment of windows :grin: . So 3182 would not be a bad choice either, as long as you don't mind the huge airplane. It's still a bit too simple compared to the above two though.

7633 is a set I'd only buy if it were available at a bargain price (thought I'd snatched one about a month ago, but it turned out it was 70% incomplete, so I passed :/). Or if I enjoyed the construction line - which I'm not really a fan of. I guess you could just say it's not my cup of tea, but there's also the fact that apart from a few (great looking) construction vehicles, you don't get an actual building. The grey "shop" thing looks like an excuse to me - and although I can understand that, especially given the idea of the set, it's also probably the exact reason why 7633 doesn't appeal to me.

Hope that helps. At the end of the day though - go for what you like best, it's simple :sweet:

I will merge this topic over here in the next 12 hours.

You may continue the discussion over there.

WhiteFang

sorry didn't know about posting these sorts of topics. :sceptic:

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Have no hesitation buying the 7744 Police Headquarters. Lots of parts, a lot of building process involved, a great number of minifigs, two cars, one motorcycle, lots of play features and it looks just beautiful. Plus, the size is perfect for both classic town (if you are into that) and city displays.

Get it for sure! You won't regret it. :thumbup:

I agree fully with this. Having said that, the Construction Site is awesome as well. I had it set up for a week just by itself on my table, as it made a fantastic scene. You get some great vehicles (although the semi's trailer could have been better desigened to allow the digger to drive on and off) and a simple building that can be MOD'd to your hearts desire.

Get both for sure! You won't regret it. (Although your wallet might!!) :grin:

sorry didn't know about posting these sorts of topics. :sceptic:

Thanks for the replies everyone!

No worries about it. I given this topic of yours, some time exposure before merging it here. Hope you have gotten the opinions you need.

Topic merged.

WhiteFang

I'm new to CITY and am trying to prepare for a full layout. So... Simple question--

Family Home or Apple Tree House??

I know the cost is much different, but if I'm grabbing one of these as the second set in a Toys R Us BOGO sale, the difference is only about $8. I guess the better question is which is the better set?? I'm leaning towards the Family Home but not sure...

I'm new to CITY and am trying to prepare for a full layout. So... Simple question--

I know the cost is much different, but if I'm grabbing one of these as the second set in a Toys R Us BOGO sale, the difference is only about $8. I guess the better question is which is the better set?? I'm leaning towards the Family Home but not sure...

Ooh that's a tough one... both look really good, however I'm guessing if you want to do a town layout you'll want the mini-figures to have their own cars, in which case I would go for the Apple Tree House as it seems more of a thing to have in a town. I'd save the Family House for more villages and farms, if I were making the town.

I'd say Family Home. It is a better value IMO, but other than that, both sets are great. Just read the reviews of both and see which appeals more.

I think I am going to get another separatist shuttle and camper tonight. :)

ORR An Echo Base and the two Hoth themed battle packs.

Edited by k_peek_2000

ORR An Echo Base and the two Hoth themed battle packs.

This option for sure, unless you like town better.

This option for sure, unless you like town better.

That was my final choice. They both would have ended up being the same exact price so I figured, why not get 13 minifigs over like 6 or 7.