Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#66: WANTED! Steerpike the Poisoner

"All right, let's try and kill the Night Mare while it's still Sealed."

Battle Order (and suggested actions, confirmed actions in bold):

Nagure (Axe of the Croise vs. Night Mare, Front Row)

>Arthur (Scroll of Weakening vs. Dark Night, Back Row)

>Arthur (Light, Sir Roderick's Sword vs. Night Mare, Back Row)

>Sorrow (Mockthril Longbow vs. Night Mare, Back Row)

>Sorrow (Mockthril Longbow vs. Night Mare, Back Row)

>Arthur (Light, Sir Roderick's Sword vs. Night Mare, Back Row OR if Night Mare dead, Scroll of Weakening vs Dark Night, Back Row)

>Arthur (Scroll of Weakening vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night weakened, Light, Sir Roderick's Sword vs Dark Night, Back Row)

Edited by Flipz

"LEt's do this again."

Kiray attacks the Horrapple from the back row again.

Barty disappears again. Boomingham, still drinkless, opens up one of his meads and takes a long drink from it. The party is weighing on his nerves. He glances up at the other balcony, just to see if there is anything worth seeing. He then makes his way over to Lady Shanxian.

"I have heard of your troubles, my dear lady. A number of my old friends were on the quest to retrieve your boy. I would like to offer my apologies on behalf of Heroica, and also my own personal regret. I am Lord Lawrence Boomingham of the Paladin Order. I imagine it must be hard to enjoy the evening with such a heavy heart. I commend you for still attending." Boomingham raises his glass. "No drink for you?" Boomingham also nods politely to Lee Long as a greeting.

heroicanpc-shanxianjipei2.jpg

"Thank you for your kind words, Lord Boomingham. I am contemplating on recruiting Heroica to help me retrieve my son for the second time - although this time I imagine he will be brought home in a coffin. What comes to drinking, it is uncustomary for us Aoi to celebrate or consume intoxicating substances during a mourning period. The memory of the deceased must not be hazed, it would be disrespectful. I am only attending this party as a representative of my nation - my mind and heart are elsewhere, making preparations on how to avenge the outlaws who took my son away from me. I hope everyone here understands that."

Lee Long stands in position behind his blue-skinned mistress. The stoic monk answers Boomingham's nod.

Bilbert Wigglepike takes the stage again.

heroicanpc-bilbert.jpg

"Ahem! I apologize, but there seems to be a minor delay with the hors d'oeurves. Please enjoy another round of drinks in the meantime!"

Ballroom Party:

BoominghamMock2.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham
(Zepher) ***Party Leader***

45 Years old male human Paladin

Level 22 1/2
*Immune to
Fragile
*Encouraged*

Power
: 36
(22+10+4*)

Defense
: 12
(7+5)

Health
: 44/44
(10+21+11+2*)

Ether
: 22/22
(1+21)

Gold
: 63
(Owe 50 to Docken, 79 to Arthur, 110 to Sorrow)

Equipment
: Scupperer (Great Sword, WP: 10,
Darkness
Fire
, causes
Bleeding
Effect for 5 Damage until remedied or healed to full health) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Counterstrike Gloves (On Free Hits, Deals damage to enemy equal to Boomingham's level), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, Immunity to
Fragile
), Tome of Affluence (Generates 10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle, accessory)
*Pseudo's Blessing's Blessing (Not an Artifact, +4 Power)

Inventory
: Frozen Saber (Great Sword, WP: 9,
Light
Ice
, stunned effect),
Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (+4 to Power, -6 to Ether), Hamantasch (consumable, lucky + blessed effects upon consumption for the length of one battle),
Marksman's Monocle (
rolls of 4 are rerolled, headwear)
Sterile Gloves (handwear, immunity to
Poisoned
and
Badly Poisoned
),
Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sealing, Garnet, Sapphire,
4 Meads, Nostrum, Mulled Wine, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immunity to Ice),
Military Grade Fire Bomb,
Emerald Lamp of Summoning,
Bedroll,
Adamantite Shard

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(Pandora)

19 years old female human Battle Mage

Level 25 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Sealing*

Power:
(25+14+1)

Defense:

Health:
36/36
(5+24+5+2)

Ether:
35/35
(5+24+1+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Zee Standard (WP:14;
Ice-
and
Darkness
-elemental; Necromancer raise enemies with 2 extra levels; staff)
, Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect), High Heels (+1 Power).

Inventory:
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:14, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero)
Explosive Staff (WP: 12, does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row)), Healing Staff (WP: 5).
Sandman's Parasol (Immune to Asleep and Fast Asleep effects), Shiny Helmet (+1 max health), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened),
Ruby (
Fire
), Diamond (
Light
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Emerald (
Wood
), Garnet (
Earth
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Opal (
Ice
),
Scroll of Sleep,
Scroll of
Frailty
Potion, 3 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core,
3 Meads,
Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Bomb '
X2' (May be combined with a bomb to get it to ignore SP),
Bedroll, 5 Bones

ava-thothwick2.jpg

Thothwick
(Professor Flitwick)

44 year old Metasimian

Level
: 23 Black Knight
*Damage Undead*
*Immune to Stunned*

Power
: 37
(23+12+2)

Defence
: 10
(6+4)

Health
: 38
(7+22+9)

Gold
: 409

Equipment
: Banana Sabre (WP:12, Heals Metasimians when used on them), Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to darkness-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect), Cultist's Hat (regular attacks do Damage to Undead)

Inventory
: Shuriken (WP 8), Sabre (WP 10),
Sapphire (
Wind
),
Potion, 2 Health Cores,
Dragon Scale,
Venom,
Grand Zoot Cookie,
Bedroll, Telescope,
Bone

Results of Round Two of the Fruit Salad Battle:

>Arnulf vs. Bananasty - Special Damage (Banana Split - Arnulf: health halved)

>Kiray vs. Horrapple - Shield (Sentinel)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Damage (Grimwald: 8 health+1 SP-(4/2=2 dmg)=7 health)

Horrapple - Cursed (-3 max health)

The Bananasty splits Arnulf's health in halve. Kiray gets into the Sentinel-stance, protecting everyone from damage on the following round. Grimwald gets attacked by the Cherrible again. The curse continues to work for Horrapple.

QM Note: The next round will the autorolled because of Sentinel.

Results of Round Three of the Fruit Salad Battle:

Arnulf vs. Bananasty - Hit (Bananasty: 47 health-14 dmg=33 health)

Kiray vs. Horrapple - Shield (Sentinel)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Shield (Miracle - All party members: 7 health restored)

Arnulf scores a hit on the Bananasty. Kiray continues the Sentinel position, and Grimwald takes the opportunity to restore everyone's healths.

QM Note: The next round will the autorolled as well because of Sentinel.

Results of Round Four of the Fruit Salad Battle:

Arnulf vs. Bananasty - Hit (Bananasty: 33 health-14 dmg=9 health)

Kiray vs. Horrapple - Critical Hit (Horrapple: 37 health-7 dmg=30 health)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Damage (Grimwald: no effect)

Arnulf and Kiray deal damage to their target's, but poor Grimwald only gets attacked once more. Luckily Kiray's Sentinel-stance protects him.

Enemies:

heroicaquest66-horrapple.jpg

Horrapple

*Cursed*

Type: Plant/Demon

Level: 5

Health: 30/34

Special:
Apple Bomb
(2/2) – Causes 5 wood-elemental damage to all opponents. The Horrapple has two bombs, and nothing happens if both are used up.

Drops: Big Apple – Raises power by one permanently when eaten.

heroicaquest66-bananasty.jpg

Bananasty

Level: 6

Health: 9/62

Special:
Banana Split
– Cuts the target’s health by half (rounded down).

Drops: Banana – Restores full health when eaten.

heroicaquest66-cherrible.jpg

Cherrible

Level: 4

Health: 41/41

Special:
Cherrish the Moment
– Causes the blessed-effect to all allies.

Drops: Bunch of Cherries – A bunch of 10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten; it is up to the user to choose how many they eat at a time.

Kitchen Party:

ava-arnulf.jpg

Arnulf Bishop
(Shoker86) ***Party Leader***

30 yrs old male human Rogue

Level 6

Power:
(6+8)

Defense:

Health:
12/12
(7+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Cheesy Dagger (WP:8, Double damage to vermin),
Tricorne (SP:3)

Inventory:
Leather Armor(SP:1),
4 Potions, 3 Venoms,
Remedy,
Bedroll

kiray_cu.jpg

Kiray Nastay
(KingoftheZempk)

24 year old female human Knight

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Defense:

Health:
10/10
(10+0)

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Kin (WP: 3), Scutum (SP: 2),
Ancient Crown (
Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals
Cursed
-effect
)

Inventory:
Potion, Bedroll

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpg

Grimwald Gjinko
(LordoftheNoobs)

69 year old male gnome Cleric

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Defense:

Health:
9/9
(9+0)

Ether:
5/5
(5+0)

Gold:
0 (Owes Arthur 50 gold)

Equipment:
Broomstick (WP: 3),
Helmet
(SP:1)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5;
heals instead of damaging
),
Scroll of Weakening,
Scroll of Frailty,
Remedy, 2 Potion, Bedroll

Party Leader, post the order of action. Everyone, post your actions and targets.

Results of Round Four of the Dark Night Battle:

Nagure (Axe of the Croise) vs. Night Mare - Shield (War Cry - All party members: encouraged)

>Arthur uses Scroll of Weakening on Dark Night - Success (Dark Night: weakened; Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur (Light) vs. Night Mare - Special Damage/Confuse (Night Mare: Confused; Arthur: -1 ether)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare - Shield/Critical Lethal Hit (Gold Reaper - Night Mare: sudden death; Sorrow: 33+27x1,5=90 gold)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare Dark Night - Shield/Lethal Hit (Gold Reaper - Sorrow: 33x1,5=50 gold)

>Arthur (Light) vs. Dark Night - Shield/Spell (Magnetic Mojo - Dark Night: no effect; Arthur: +33 gold)

>Arthur (Light) vs. Dark Night - Special Damage/Spell (Dark Night: 974 health+1 SP-(33x8=264 dmg)=711 health;Arthur: -1 ether)

Nagure joins the action, and howls a terrible war cry that nevertheless encouraged him and Arthur. Arthur on the other hand weakens Dark Night again, and then confuses the steed. Sorrow finally manages to assassinate Night Mare, and earns a hefty amount of gold in the process. Arthur also earns some gold with his Magnetic Mojo that unfortunately has no effect on the Dark Night. His light-elemental spell does, however. Arthur's ether is burning up very fast, though.

Enemies:

heroicaquest66-darknight.jpg

Dark Night

*Weakened for 3 rounds*

Type: Dark

Level: 33

Defense: 1

Health: 711/999

Special:
Darkness
– Causes 33 darkness-elemental damage and the blinded-effect to all opponents.

Drops: Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded), Grand Tonic

Note: Immune to blinded, asleep, stunned, petrified, confused and sudden death.

Backdoor Party:

Arthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
(Flipz) ***Party Leader***

21-year-old male human Sorcerer

Level 21 1/3
*Immune to
Sealed
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(21+12)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+4+4)

Ether:
12/31
(5+20+1+5)

Defense:

Gold:
(Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur, oved 200 gold by Nagure)

Equipment:
Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword),
Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to
Sealed
), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics),
Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Elixir]),
Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging)

Artifacts:
Scarf of Misfortune (Accessory, Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round), Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles)

Gems:
Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls:
Scroll of
Blindness
, Scroll of
Sealing
, Scroll of
Confusion
, Scroll of
Sleep
, Scroll of
Frailty
, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of
Poisoning
(Grants target’s weapon the
Badly Poisoned
effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of
Luck
(Grants target the
Lucky
-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Scroll of
Weakening

Consumables:
2x Potion, Grand Potion x10, Remedy, Smelling Salts x4, Nostrum x4, Mulled Wine, Jinxy Juice x4, Ether Core x2, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Badly Poisoned
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Zoot's Plaything

nagure_berserker.jpg

Nagure
(Costy)

34 year old Male Yeti Berserker.

Level 15 1/2
*Immune to
Fragile, Blindness,
Ice
&
Fire
*Encouraged*
*Counterstriking*

Power:
(15+
14)

Defense:
(12+9)

Health:
32/32
(8+14+10)

Gold:
(200 owed to Arthur)

Equipment:
Axe of the Croise (WP: 10,
Light
-elemental axe),
Shield (SP:9), Yeti Fur Coat (Artefact, bodywear, SP:12, immunity to
Ice,
Fire,
Fragile and Blindness; suitable for yetis only), Counterstrike Gloves (Artefact, handwear; After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level)

Inventory:
Stone Hammer (WP: 14,
Earth
&
Darknes
s-elemental, hammer),
Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear),
Potion x2,
Grand Potion x3,
Remedy,
Tiger Balm,
Phoenix Essence, Mead x2,
Deadly Venom x2,
Smoke Bomb x2,
Pickaxe

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead
Assassin

Level 19 1/2
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*
*Mockthril Bow: Badly Poisoned*

Power:
(19+22+2)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(7+18+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 22
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (
Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear)
, Armor of the Croise (
SP: 1, +2 power;
bodywear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5),
Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians),
Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes),
Grand Potion x5,
Health Core,
Tonic,
Ether Core x1,
Remedy x5,
Phoenix Essence x5,
Venom,
Deadly Venom,
Mead x9, Smelling Salts x9, Nostrum x7, Dragon Scales x2,
Bedroll

Party Leader, post the order of action. Everyone, post your actions and targets.

OOC: Sandy, our plan is just to allow Nagure to counterstrike the Dark Night to death. Also, how'd my bow get poisoned?"

I stand back as I watch the black raider tumble off of his dead horse, the Night Mare gutted and killed.

"Hmm... This battle is just about over. Nagure, kill him."

I turn around and watch the door as the Black Night rams his skull into Nagure's fist.

OOC: Sandy, our plan is just to allow Nagure to counterstrike the Dark Night to death. Also, how'd my bow get poisoned?"

QM Note: Apparently not. I don't decide your battle actions, remember. :tongue:

Flipz made Arthur to attack Dark Night if Night Mare was dead. And he also used the Scroll of Poisoning on your weapon on the previous round.

Oh, and if you don't want to automatically change your target once the intended one is dead, you have to say so.

OOC:

Sorry, I just see all those scrolls and my eyes go a bit hazy. :blush:

Yeah, I figure we can keep Nagure sitting against the door doing nothing while he Counterstrikes the Dark Night to death. :thumbup:

It appears we've had a miscommunication somewhere down the line, Flipz. :tongue: Ah well, we can definitely trump this guy no matter what.

I startle back as the smell of poison curls up my every arrow, my bolts suddenly coated in a deadly toxin. For a split second I debate just dropping the bow and switching to another weapon, but then I realize it was our sorcerer's doing and not the Black Night's.

"Helvetia almighty, I know I grew up in a necromancer community... but how do those scrolls even work?"

Edited by Endgame

Arnulf attacks Bananasty from back row again "Do not apologize, you healed me, you're not useless"

Battle order

1. Arnulf attacks Bananasty BR

2. Kiray attacks Horrapple BR

3. Grimwald attacks Cherrible BR

Edited by Shoker86

"I agree; don't apologize. You're a vital part of this party."

Kiray attacks Horraple from the Back Row again.

Boomingham chews on his lower lip. "I hope the young chaps and misses aren't in any sort of trouble. We could be helping them instead of whatever we're doing here." Boomingham makes his way over to Patricia. "Hello there, dear, I thought I'd check in. I've made the rounds and talked to all the guests, or at least all the families, and I've tasted some of the wine. There doesn't seem to be any foul play, yet. Is there anything else you can think of that needs doing while we wait for whatever might be coming?"

Thothwick attempts to walk up to the balcony level, to get a good view of everyone there. If he fails to find an enterance, he'll simply crane his neck to look at who is on the opposite balcony.

OOC:

Sorry, I just see all those scrolls and my eyes go a bit hazy. :blush:

It appears we've had a miscommunication somewhere down the line, Flipz. :tongue: Ah well, we can definitely trump this guy no matter what.

I startle back as the smell of poison curls up my every arrow, my bolts suddenly coated in a deadly toxin. For a split second I debate just dropping the bow and switching to another weapon, but then I realize it was our sorcerer's doing and not the Black Night's.

"Helvetia almighty, I know I grew up in a necromancer community... but how do those scrolls even work?"

"I have a few theories, but I haven't had time to fully research them. Byblos knows even more about the subject than I, though."

"If you could let off a shot at this guy using that Longbow, it'd be most helpful, get him Deadly Poisoned even though it won't cause any damage. Nagure and I both have Light-elemental weapons, and we're Encouraged, so we might be able to take him down faster than Counterstriking."

Battle Order (and suggested actions):

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night, Back Row)

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night OR if Dark Night Sealed, Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night OR if Dark Night Sealed, Scroll of Frailty vs. Dark Night, Back Row)

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night OR if Dark Night Sealed, Scroll of Frailty vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night already Sealed and Frail, Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

>Sorrow (Mockthril Longbow vs Dark Night, Back Row)

>Sorrow (Mockthril Longbow vs Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night already Deadly Poisoned, guard door (do nothing), Back Row)

Nagure (Axe of the Croise vs. Dark Night, Front Row)

"Let's strategize ahead while we have a moment to do so."

OOC: We can autoroll with the following strategy until a Hero is in danger of being KO'd

Autoroll Battle Order:

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night is Sealed, nothing)

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night is Sealed, Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night is Sealed, nothing)

>Arthur (Scroll of Sealing vs. Dark Night, Back Row OR if Dark Night is Sealed, Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

Nagure (Axe of the Croise vs. Dark Night, Front Row)

>Sorrow (guard door (do nothing), Back Row)

OOC: And if Arthur runs out of Ether, the plan will be:

Autoroll Battle Order 2:

Nagure (do nothing, Front Row)

>Arthur (Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

>Arthur (Healing Staff vs. Nagure, Back Row)

...again, autorolling only until a Hero is in danger of being KO'd.

Edited by Flipz

I attack Dark Knight from the Front Row with my axe. If Arthur runs out off ether or someone is in danger of being KO'd, I do nothing from the back row.

I shoot the Dark Night until succesful then watch the door (do nothing), back.

QM Note: I edited the autorolled results of the Fruit Salad-battle to have Arnulf and Kiray attack from the front row.

Boomingham chews on his lower lip. "I hope the young chaps and misses aren't in any sort of trouble. We could be helping them instead of whatever we're doing here." Boomingham makes his way over to Patricia. "Hello there, dear, I thought I'd check in. I've made the rounds and talked to all the guests, or at least all the families, and I've tasted some of the wine. There doesn't seem to be any foul play, yet. Is there anything else you can think of that needs doing while we wait for whatever might be coming?"

Captain Patricia frowns upon seeing Boomingham walk out of the Theater.

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg

"What are you doing here? Assume your position back, now! I don't need reports, I need you to keep those people inside there alive and happy."

Thothwick attempts to walk up to the balcony level, to get a good view of everyone there. If he fails to find an enterance, he'll simply crane his neck to look at who is on the opposite balcony.

Thothwick finds the access to the balcony. He finds out it's U-shaped. It is filled with tables for the lesser-known guests who are chatting amongst themselves.

Results of Round Five of the Fruit Salad Battle:

>Arnulf vs. Bananasty - Damage (Arnulf: 12 health+3 SP-(6/2=3 dmg)=12 health)

>Kiray vs. Horrapple - Miss

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Shield (Blessing - All party members: +7 health)

Nothing much happens.

Results of Round Six of the Fruit Salad Battle:

>Arnulf vs. Bananasty - Shield (Mug - Bananasty: 9 health-(30/2=15 dmg)=0 health; Arnulf: +9 gold)

>Kiray vs. Horrapple - Shield (Sentinel)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Miss

Arnulf slays the nasty banana monster, while Kiray takes the Sentinel position again.

Results of Round Seven of the Fruit Salad Battle:

Arnulf vs. Cherrible - Hit (Cherrible: 41 health-14 dmg=27 health)

Kiray vs. Horrapple - Shield (Sentinel)

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Hit (Cherrible: 27 health-4 dmg=23 health)

Arnulf and Grimwald take on the Cherrible, while Kiray keeps up the Sentinel position.

Results of Round Eight of the Fruit Salad Battle:

Arnulf vs. Cherrible - Special Damage (Cherrish the Moment - All enemies: blessed)

Kiray vs. Horrapple - Miss

>Grimwald vs. Cherrible - Miss

Horrapple - Blessed (+3 health)

Cherrible - Blessed (+3 health)

The Cherrible blesses all the enemies, while the heroes miss their strikes.

Enemies:

heroicaquest66-horrapple.jpg

Horrapple

*Cursed*
*Blessed*

Level: 5

Health: 22/22

Special:
Apple Bomb
(2/2) – Causes 5 wood-elemental damage to all opponents. The Horrapple has two bombs, and nothing happens if both are used up.

Drops: Big Apple – Raises power by one permanently when eaten.

heroicaquest66-cherrible.jpg

Cherrible

*Blessed*

Level: 4

Health: 26/41

Special:
Cherrish the Moment
– Causes the blessed-effect to all allies.

Drops: Bunch of Cherries – A bunch of 10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten; it is up to the user to choose how many they eat at a time.

Kitchen Party:

ava-arnulf.jpg

Arnulf Bishop
(Shoker86) ***Party Leader***

30 yrs old male human Rogue

Level 6

Power:
(6+8)

Defense:

Health:
12/12
(7+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Cheesy Dagger (WP:8, Double damage to vermin),
Tricorne (SP:3)

Inventory:
Leather Armor(SP:1),
4 Potions, 3 Venoms,
Remedy,
Bedroll

kiray_cu.jpg

Kiray Nastay
(KingoftheZempk)

24 year old female human Knight

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Defense:

Health:
10/10
(10+0)

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Kin (WP: 3), Scutum (SP: 2),
Ancient Crown (
Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals
Cursed
-effect
)

Inventory:
Potion, Bedroll

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpg

Grimwald Gjinko
(LordoftheNoobs)

69 year old male gnome Cleric

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Defense:

Health:
9/9
(9+0)

Ether:
5/5
(5+0)

Gold:
0 (Owes Arthur 50 gold)

Equipment:
Broomstick (WP: 3),
Helmet
(SP:1)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5;
heals instead of damaging
),
Scroll of Weakening,
Scroll of Frailty,
Remedy, 2 Potion, Bedroll

Results of Round Five of the Dark Night Battle:

>Arthur uses Scroll of Sealing on Dark Night - Failure (Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur uses Scroll of Sealing on Dark Night - Success (Dark Night: sealed; Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur uses Scroll of Frailty on Dark Night - Failure (Arthur: -1 ether)

>Arthur uses Scroll of Frailty on Dark Night - Failure (Arthur: -1 ether)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare - Shield/Special Damage (Gold Reaper - Sorrow: 33x1,5=50 gold)

>Sorrow vs. Night Mare Dark Night - Lethal Hit/Shield (Gold Reaper - Sorrow: 33x1,5=50 gold)

Nagure (Axe of the Croise) vs. Night Mare - Special Damage (No effect)

Arthur continues to cast curses from his scrolls in a rapid succession, hoping that at least some of them hit home. Sorrow makes more gold. The Dark Night attempts to summon the forces of night upon the heroes, but his powers were sealed by Arthur.

QM Note: Sorry, I don't have time to autoroll anymore today. I'll continue tomorrow...

Enemies:

heroicaquest66-darknight.jpg

Dark Night

*Weakened for 2 rounds*
*Sealed for 3 rounds*

Type: Dark

Level: 33

Defense: 1

Health: 711/999

Special:
Darkness
– Causes 33 darkness-elemental damage and the blinded-effect to all opponents.

Drops: Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded), Grand Tonic

Note: Immune to blinded, asleep, stunned, petrified, confused and sudden death.

Backdoor Party:

Arthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
(Flipz) ***Party Leader***

21-year-old male human Sorcerer

Level 21 1/3
*Immune to
Sealed
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(21+12)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+4+4)

Ether:
8/31
(5+20+1+5)

Defense:

Gold:
(Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur, oved 200 gold by Nagure)

Equipment:
Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword),
Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to
Sealed
), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics),
Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Elixir]),
Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging)

Artifacts:
Scarf of Misfortune (Accessory, Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round), Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles)

Gems:
Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls:
Scroll of
Blindness
, Scroll of
Sealing
, Scroll of
Confusion
, Scroll of
Sleep
, Scroll of
Frailty
, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of
Poisoning
(Grants target’s weapon the
Badly Poisoned
effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of
Luck
(Grants target the
Lucky
-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Scroll of
Weakening

Consumables:
2x Potion, Grand Potion x10, Remedy, Smelling Salts x4, Nostrum x4, Mulled Wine, Jinxy Juice x4, Ether Core x2, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Badly Poisoned
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Zoot's Plaything

nagure_berserker.jpg

Nagure
(Costy)

34 year old Male Yeti Berserker.

Level 15 1/2
*Immune to
Fragile, Blindness,
Ice
&
Fire
*Encouraged*
*Counterstriking*

Power:
(15+
14)

Defense:
(12+9)

Health:
32/32
(8+14+10)

Gold:
(200 owed to Arthur)

Equipment:
Axe of the Croise (WP: 10,
Light
-elemental axe),
Shield (SP:9), Yeti Fur Coat (Artefact, bodywear, SP:12, immunity to
Ice,
Fire,
Fragile and Blindness; suitable for yetis only), Counterstrike Gloves (Artefact, handwear; After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level)

Inventory:
Stone Hammer (WP: 14,
Earth
&
Darknes
s-elemental, hammer),
Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear),
Potion x2,
Grand Potion x3,
Remedy,
Tiger Balm,
Phoenix Essence, Mead x2,
Deadly Venom x2,
Smoke Bomb x2,
Pickaxe

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead
Assassin

Level 19 1/2
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*
*Mockthril Bow: Badly Poisoned*

Power:
(19+22+2)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(7+18+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 22
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (
Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear)
, Armor of the Croise (
SP: 1, +2 power;
bodywear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5),
Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians),
Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes),
Grand Potion x5,
Health Core,
Tonic,
Ether Core x1,
Remedy x5,
Phoenix Essence x5,
Venom,
Deadly Venom,
Mead x9, Smelling Salts x9, Nostrum x7, Dragon Scales x2,
Bedroll

My shoulders sag as I realize I pocket more gold - instead of, you know, shooting the enemy.

"Erm... uh. Reflex, maybe?

Are we going to keep this up? Either way, Nagure, show this fool what happens to those who try to attack a hero on duty."

OOC: :facepalm: I'm an idiot. This is, like, one of the best artifacts in the game, and I keep forgetting to actually use the damn thing! :wall::blush:

"The strategy is sound. I just hope the other Heroes are faring all right." In addition to his battle actions, Arthur uses the power of the Jester's Cap to copy Nagure's immunity to Blindness.

Edited by Flipz

"Great job team, let's continue" Arnulf attacks Horrapple from back row

Battle Order

1. Arnulf attacks Horraple BR

2. Kirray attacks Cherrible BR

3 Grimwald attacks Cherrible BR

Edited by Shoker86

Kiray attacks Cherrible BR.

"We can do this. Just a bit more."