Found a bug for Technic. Part 32494 no longer snap into part 92909. It did before the parts update.

Are you sure? From what I can see in LDD, the two parts shouldn't even connect IRL.

OK, thanks, then I know.

But was it really possible to connect them in the old brickset? I can't recall that being possible.

42610 Hub Ø11,2 X 7,84 cannot be attached to the top stud of 4733 Brick 1X1 W. 4 Knobs, even though it can be attached to any of the side studs. This attachment is used in 10192 Space Skulls, a set that was tailor-made to be built in a previous version of LEGO Digital Designer, suggesting that this attachment was once possible but for some reason cannot be done in the latest version (LDD 4.3.6).

This is because the top of the brick is concidered a "normal" brick stud, and those are generally not allowed at TLG to be connected to a Technic hole. A Technic hole is not really a good receptor for a stud since it does not allow for expansion/flex (as normal anti-studs do) and it does not connect to the stud through all of the studs length. Therefore Technic holes are mostly only allowed for decorations and such, i.e. small 1x1 round plates etc that act as headlights etc. It is not supposed to be used for any structural building, i.e. cannot "take up any load". Having said this, there are naturally exceptions in official TLG sets, but they are rare, so as I have understood the decision was made at the LDD Team to be conservative in allowing the connection between a technic hole and a stud.

(Then there is also the issues that the hole in a Technic brick is out of system by a fraction of a millimeter that would also cause the LDD Team to be conservative, but that is another matter).

Bug in new part: Part 13748 (Hat No. 9) should be able to be dual-coloured. This is for instance the case by Butch Cavendish (in the Lone Ranger series)

Former bug form days of yore, that consequently seemed solved in pre-1128 Brick Versions (at least in 1007), has popped up again.

It concerns Parabola 6x6 (Dish 6x6 Inverted (Radar)) 44375. With LDD 4.3.6 Brick Version 1128 it now again does not want to connect to Plate 4x4 Round w/Snap (60474). For example, in the Tanker Wagon of set 7939 (LDD is over here).

It seems to me that it is difficult to get round dishes act properly in LDD. :cry_sad:

Former bug form days of yore, that consequently seemed solved in pre-1128 Brick Versions (at least in 1007), has popped up again.

It concerns Parabola 6x6 (Dish 6x6 Inverted (Radar)) 44375. With LDD 4.3.6 Brick Version 1128 it now again does not want to connect to Plate 4x4 Round w/Snap (60474). For example, in the Tanker Wagon of set 7939 (LDD is over here).

It seems to me that it is difficult to get round dishes act properly in LDD. :cry_sad:

From what I have been told, it is actually illegal to place the 4x4 round under a 44375, so in that sence LDD is now working "as it should be". The set 7939 thus uses an illegal method.

post-4755-0-97065800-1374765866_thumb.png

From what I have been told, it is actually illegal to place the 4x4 round under a 44375, so in that sence LDD is now working "as it should be". The set 7939 thus uses an illegal method.

Thanks, Superkalle, for clearing this. I suspected it would be something like this, given the shape of the antistud area on the inside of 44375, which is only 2x2. Where would we be without your 'sources' that 'tell you things'?? :thumbup:

Hmm, but I wonder how "illegal" it actually would be in that set. Even if the parts can't snap together fully, I can't imagine that construction would put any real stress on the bricks without any weight or pressure being applied.

I have a problem with part 64712 (http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/64712)

I've made the following assemblage in real life and it can feet in a 6x8 hole:

9321815941_b0001b336c.jpg

But when I try to reproduce it on LDD i cannot feet in this hole (it feets in a 7x8 hole)

I've try to rotate it but I cannot place it exactly how I need.

post-73910-0-54506800-1375206326_thumb.jpg

But when I try to reproduce it on LDD i cannot feet in this hole (it feets in a 7x8 hole)

I've try to rotate it but I cannot place it exactly how I need.

Hi

I can mention that this error has been reported before, and has been sent to the LDD Team at TLG. Let's wait and see when it can get fixed :classic:

There is a not so good way to solve all bricks collision bugs:

Edit XLFML to move collision bricks in place then render with LDD2PovRay.

LDD2Povray always ignore all bricks's collision. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79010entry1565149

9415930404_6d0dab4023_z.jpg

ww by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Once again :) ....

Is there a way to reproduce this step in LDD ?

9446770470_f20f3f74d7.jpg

Edited by Apo Coeos
: Oversized image converted in text link

Once again :) ....

Is there a way to reproduce this step in LDD ?

http://farm6.staticf..._f20f3f74d7.jpg

Sort of, but I needed to stick 1x1 round plates under the TECHNIC elements.

LXF File

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: Here is a version without the 1x1 round plates. I had to use scaffolding to bring the elements together, and they're not quite attached, but they are closer together than in the first file.

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Sometimes intersections can be good - especially if you are on a highway and you want to get off somewhere - otherwise you would need to keep on driving until you end up in the wrong place. Sometimes intersections can simply be wrong.

Halfway through making 13 more things with which to bother Calabar, I stumbled on this mad intersection bug, which seems to affect several "click hinge" parts when placed in system above or between knobs (I believe people like to call 'em "studs").

argh_012.jpg

The LXF example includes a selection of click hinge "forks", with and without ½ knob offsets, in brick and plate form, plus a couple of other parts that I was able to place simply.

I also noticed that the "stubs" for the other part of the click hinges can also cause intersection issues. Mercifully, this only seems to affect modified plates such as 44301 and 44567.

Hopefully this is only an issue with the geometry and behaviour of these specific hinge shapes, and not a greater problem which would be a line-by-line code nightmare to fix.

LXF exAAAAAAAAAmple

Edited by Gnac

I found a bug. Stringer's 1.0 helmet won't attach to the new Brain Attack head. I've done it in real life.

Can you post the DesignID's for the parts, and it's easier to verify. Thanks.

Found a bug: #61195 (Ahsoka Headpiece) does not attach to minifig heads.

Urgh...that's a bad bug.

Found a bug: #61195 (Ahsoka Headpiece) does not attach to minifig heads.

Seems to be rather an collision error than an attaching error: Using 3062 instead of 3626 attaches quite well.

Can you post the DesignID's for the parts, and it's easier to verify. Thanks.

Part 87817 won't attach to Part 11270. even though I have then attaching in real life. Here is a picture for reference

ldd_bug.png