LegoCityMann

Servo Showdown: Calling all Gas Jockeys

Nice idea, but only moderators and EB staff can organize contests......I suggest PM'ing 'Rick' since he's in charge of the Town Forum.....along with 'Hinckley'. :wink:

I'd be up for it for sure! After seeing the 'possible' new 2013 Servo I've been trying out a few different styles myself.

We all now know that servo at Lego World the other week was a Lego designers own flight of fancy.....a MOC itself.

I would enter a gas station contest any day of the week......but the mod's have the final word on anything like that so I say wait and see.

We all now know that servo at Lego World the other week was a Lego designers own flight of fancy.....a MOC itself.

I would enter a gas station contest any day of the week......but the mod's have the final word on anything like that so I say wait and see.

We can only hope his little 'flight of fancy' might turn into reality with all this talk of Servo's and now maybe a contest! One wonders what would happen if he put it on Cuusoo?

I'd be interested. All the gas stations we have been seeing lately has made me think about building one myself.

I'd be interested. All the gas stations we have been seeing lately has made me think about building one myself.

I started the Great Gas station War!!! :tongue:

Yes, and we must chose our armies.......Shell, BP, Octan........ :laugh:

Mobil, Golden Fleece, Esso, Ampol can't forget these oldies..... :wink:

Its a pitty the gas station I built wouldn't be eligible for any contest (or would it be eligible if I posted new never-before-seen pictures of the new version of it? :)

Mobil, Golden Fleece, Esso, Ampol can't forget these oldies..... :wink:

Plenty of smaller players to choose from too.

The WA Government FuelWatch website lists about 20 brands in its search system. (and there are brands in WA not listed

Not to mention brands that exist in the east but not in WA like 7-Eleven.

Two of those are only good for us Aussies eh ? :laugh:

Sadly both have now gone.... I use to love playing 'spot the servo's first' on our trips up north to Qld in the 80's. Not that exciting up the highway these days. BP, BP, BP, BP......

Yes, and we must chose our armies.......Shell, BP, Octan........ :laugh:

I am going with an old unknown! KoolMotor or .... BP(everyone knows BP)

Hey , Also maybe we should include a car in the contest?

do you really need the moderator to approve it?

if you just want to run a competition (unofficially and without prizes and glory, or a front page) should it not be as easy as running a builder's comp in this topic, and keep it in the town forum?????

seems harmless, and a bit of fun to watch really.

As one of the main protagonists from the original discussion, I feel I should enter the fray! Though I've got a sneaking suspicion that lightningtiger has a beast of a station up his stripy sleeves :tongue: I'll represent Scotland here....and with the price of petrol over here....I think some sort of palatial palace is in order for my chosen company :grin:

As one of the main protagonists from the original discussion, I feel I should enter the fray! Though I've got a sneaking suspicion that lightningtiger has a beast of a station up his stripy sleeves :tongue: I'll represent Scotland here....and with the price of petrol over here....I think some sort of palatial palace is in order for my chosen company :grin:

My small Gas Station started the war.. :tongue: And I bet he does as one in the works... , And so do I ! ... I need to find some good building Ideas.

Guy living in the western Isles of Scotland here, and I can tell you they are properly more expensive that what you are paying on the mainland.

I am up for a go although, I am not sure how good It will be.... :blush:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Auch aye Mr Ryan....and with those damn ferry charges I do not envy you :classic: . Hopefully this wee contest will take flight....

Auch aye Mr Ryan....and with those damn ferry charges I do not envy you :classic: . Hopefully this wee contest will take flight....

What charges he says holding four ferry vouchers..... :wub:

Oh, people know me too well ! :grin:

You don't know what I have planned in the back of my mind right now ! :grin:

Edit - just checked my Shell on Cuusoo, I promised a rebuild at 100.....it's just reached 89.....gee, the timing might be right eh ? :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Hey , Also maybe we should include a car in the contest?

Nooooo! I don't do cars, but I barely got any sleep last night because my mind was racing with petrol station designs. I don't want a sleepless night to be for nothing!

OK, I got permission from Rick to run this. Give me a few days to write up the announcement and get approval on it from Rick. This will NOT be a EB Sponsored Event but will Run here in the town forum!

~LCM

OK, I got permission from Rick to run this. Give me a few days to write up the announcement and get approval on it from Rick. This will NOT be a EB Sponsored Event but will Run here in the town forum!

~LCM

Serious, 'Rick' gave his okay......that is a first I believe in EB ever......okay I'm in.

But I say some of the entries will come from the mod's right or wrong ? :laugh: