Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

The HF website has been updated, though it's still as awful if not worse. Now it really doesn't even work right. When you click a video, you can hear it playing but you can't see it. -.-

-Gata signoff.png

The HF website has been updated, though it's still as awful if not worse. Now it really doesn't even work right. When you click a video, you can hear it playing but you can't see it. -.-

-Gata signoff.png

Have you tried another browser? I used to have problems like that on various sites in Firefox.

Have you tried another browser? I used to have problems like that on various sites in Firefox.

No, I've only tried Firefox, but this is also the only site this happens with. And anyway, that makes the website only more crappy.

-Gata signoff.png

Sets are finally out in the other European countries (S@H). I placed an order (Surge+Stormer+FB+a PA bag) this morning.

I'm still incredibly annoyed we missed the Black Brain promotion by one day. Hopefully stores will find a way to carry out the promotion..

At least I got free shipping.

Woohoo! Just went back to the LEGO store and got Aquagon, and they were still giving out the black brain! I've got four now! =D

Haha, nice. I'm going to end up with a second or third, most likely, but I don't even know what I'd do with them, honestly. But then again, they are very nice packs...

Also yeah, what commercial/video/whatever? Any browser I try doesn't like it. The 2014 website has to be miles better than this.

The 2014 website has to be miles better than this.

It can hardly be worse...

This site is atrocious.

I miss the original website with all of the messages that people sent in.

Those were the days. :(

EDIT: Also, is it just my browser or did they remove the interactive features in the product section? I'm clicking on the usual spots where stuff would happen like the clamps, visor, and weapon, and nothing's happening. :|

Edited by Mesonak

I think it might be some bizarre attempt at staggered releasing; they initially had empty sections but that were still accessible, and then yesterday they had just the set pictures and not these animated versions (which are stills).

The recent Inside Scoop section featured the animations, so they clearly have them. It's just a matter of properly updating the website. I miss Bink's management (and he doesn't even work for LEGO anymore!).

Edited by Dorek

So the summer wave just hit my country, and I found something odd: Dragon Bolt costs $10 more than Furno XL. Which is weird, since the small and medium sized sets of the summer wave cost exactly the same as those of the winter wave. I've always assumed they were the same price, or is this the case as well in other countries?

So the summer wave just hit my country, and I found something odd: Dragon Bolt costs $10 more than Furno XL. Which is weird, since the small and medium sized sets of the summer wave cost exactly the same as those of the winter wave. I've always assumed they were the same price, or is this the case as well in other countries?

In Poland Dragon Bolt is 30zł (10$) more expensive than Furno XL and Jet Rocka is 30zł (10$) more expensive than Speeda Demon.

In Poland Dragon Bolt is 30zł (10$) more expensive than Furno XL and Jet Rocka is 30zł (10$) more expensive than Speeda Demon.

Yeah, Jet Rocka's $10 more expensive than Speeda Demon over here as well. Sigh.

Anyway, speaking about Dragon Bolt, does his brain glow well in the dark? I've asked this before, but hopefully someone out there has pictures of it in the dark!

Yeah, Jet Rocka's $10 more expensive than Speeda Demon over here as well. Sigh.

Anyway, speaking about Dragon Bolt, does his brain glow well in the dark? I've asked this before, but hopefully someone out there has pictures of it in the dark!

About as well as any other glow in the dark gimmick, though the eyes don't fully show on Dragon Bolt, so you kinda have to go out of your way to show it off. It does stand out though when you get it to really glow.

Dragon Bolt is pricier in European countries as well. Stormer last year was 25 USD, but 20 Euro. This time, Dragon Bolt is 20 USD but 25 Euro. It's almost as if they wanted to make up for that. Furno XL is 20 Euro, like Black Phantom, Fire Lord and Von Nebula.

25 Euro for Dragon Bolt is too much IMO. If I'll ever buy him, I'll wait for a sale. Sure, 5 Euro isn't much, it's just that it's not worth it. You can buy 2 CMs bags with that money.

For some reason that looks better than all of the other ones I've seen. Is it just me? Or the fact that you get to see Dragon Bolt bust through a window and knock away loads of people?

Ghost is just so good at what they do. If the commercial is any indication of next year's minimovie or whatever it's gonna be great.

Dragon Bolt is pricier in European countries as well. Stormer last year was 25 USD, but 20 Euro. This time, Dragon Bolt is 20 USD but 25 Euro. It's almost as if they wanted to make up for that. Furno XL is 20 Euro, like Black Phantom, Fire Lord and Von Nebula.

25 Euro for Dragon Bolt is too much IMO. If I'll ever buy him, I'll wait for a sale. Sure, 5 Euro isn't much, it's just that it's not worth it. You can buy 2 CMs bags with that money.

Oooooh trust me, he's the 5€ more totally worth, as he comes with many really cool pieces.

EDIT: Also, DB sounds kinda weird in that commercial.

Edited by ZORK64

For the record, they have extended the black brain promotion until the end of august, at least for the US. Hopefully Europe gets that extension too. I'll definitely be getting at least a second one, now, if not a third.

Oooooh trust me, he's the 5€ more totally worth, as he comes with many really cool pieces.

EDIT: Also, DB sounds kinda weird in that commercial.

I don't know, maybe it's the fact I'm not terribly interested in the set, so I'm more critical towards the price. I know the new commercial makes me want him more, however.

As for the roar, I liked it. High pitched roars sound more creepy and alien, IMO.