Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

I bought them at my local LEGO store. You get a polybag with every HF purchase for free. As far as I know, you'll also get them when you order the bags at S@H, but I'm not sure since the only thing I order online are Pick a Brick bags.

In fact, I got even two polybags, because I made two purchases: When I first went to the LEGO store, I decided to buy only Stormer, Surge and Dragon Bolt, but some time later I had to buy something else at a store near the LEGO store, and so I thought "Ah, why not?", went in there again and bought Frost Beast and Aquagon.

I'm actually surprised that nobody requested Dragon Bolt yet. I almost thought that everybody wants a review of him first. Not that I'm complaining about this - the suggestion to start with Stormer and Frost Beast is a good idea actually, since it allows me to pitch them against each other then.

But yeah, I'll write a review for the polybag first.

You're so lucky! I highly doubt I'll see the black brain promotion in my country. If I were you, I'd have bought the sets one by one, to get 7 black brains. :grin:

You're so lucky! I highly doubt I'll see the black brain promotion in my country. If I were you, I'd have bought the sets one by one, to get 7 black brains. :grin:

That's.... That's pretty smart

If not time consuming and a bit obnoxious to cashiers =P. Could have easily done two or three trips, though.

Was it actually a LEGO store, or just a general store? I'm in France for an annual vacation, and there's plenty a toystore and such around that I could scout.

To be honest, I'm far more interested in the sword than the brain slug, but that's mostly because I haven't really tried the MOC potential of the slug out yet. I'm also not to keen on the tail connection of the slugs, since it hinders the poseability of the head to a great deal.

But hey, given how many slugs I now own, I will eventually use a few for MOCs I guess. And a super special brain slug is also neat.

Was it actually a LEGO store, or just a general store? I'm in France for an annual vacation, and there's plenty a toystore and such around that I could scout.

It was an actual LEGO store. Though the one in my town is still relatively new, it opened in late 2010.

@ZORK64 You have no idea how jealous I am right now. Please, by the power of the UK, may they show up in Argos. At least Surge and Frost Beast, because I like flying things and having the yeti from SkiFree on my desk.

Nobody was doubting that it's in the US; that's how we all heard about it first. It's the European availability that's new information.

Uhm....I was pointing out it starts on the 15th. Don't go to your LEGO Stores yet!

Uhm....I was pointing out it starts on the 15th. Don't go to your LEGO Stores yet!

And as I mentioned, I'm in Europe, where they obviously don't follow American timeschedules =P.

That's brilliant!

:p

Are Lego Stores in Belgium? I will be in this country for 2 weeks while there will be a Black Brain offer and I would like to get one.

Behold! My highly requested review for the polybag is online! You can find it here.

I also already took pictures of Stormer and Frost Beast. Tomorrow I'll take pictures of Aquagon, Surge and Dragon Bolt.

I don't think Bionicle didn't have the guts to make a corrupted hero, just that it didn't pop up in the major story at any point. Maybe a parallel shadow Takanuva in the later years? I don't know.

Tuyet and Lesovikk does count as corrupted heroes.

Tuyet and Lesovikk does count as corrupted heroes.

Not exactly. Tuyet was deranged, dare I say insane, but not exactly evil. Lesovikk exempted himself from the Toa code but still fought for good. So, they don't.

In fact, Tuyet was doing what she felt right for sake of Matoran race. But she were corrupted with Nui Stone's power.

What exactly will count as corrupted hero though?

Ah! What about Nidhiki and other former Toa?

Question for those who own Dragon Bolt: How well does its brain glow in the dark? How bright is it? I'd ask for pictures, but then I realized glow-in-the-dark things don't show up well in pics. :classic:

Question for those who own Dragon Bolt: How well does its brain glow in the dark? How bright is it? I'd ask for pictures, but then I realized glow-in-the-dark things don't show up well in pics. :classic:

I'll try to keep your question in mind when I'll review him. :wink:

when you make the review, can you put the pictures of all three combiners from summer wave?

I'll try to keep your question in mind when I'll review him. :wink:

Thanks! I've watched a couple of video reviews, but none of them seem to mention this feature, which is odd.

Just got him recently. It glows quite well. It apparently got enough light just sitting around the house to the point where it would visibly glow. Of course, black light will always be the best when giving it a charge.

However, I'm not sure if they all glow that well. LegoJANG mentioned in his review that his faded really fast.

Kalhiki

Ah! What about Nidhiki and other former Toa?

That counts for sure. I guess I just didn't think of Nidhiki, or Brutaka for that matter, because when they were introduced they were already evil (or in Brutaka's case, just not good).