Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

Hey, I did think about the crimson figure being an evil Furno, but I ended up forgetting to post it. Maybe because I already have an evil Furno in my story :tongue: But he's just a modded Furno XL.

But an evil dark red Furno XL as a 2014 set? Yes, please.

tumblr_m2viizIqzK1qietx9.jpg

Well let's say that if this furno is just the same but with different colors,I would hate it.

Just for being a recolor.But just think of all the dark red pieces!

Again Dreadscythe has made a funny joke lol!

But if the red star was the HFuniverse I for one would say at the same time the Inika had been transformed was when the 2.0 heroes were made,and that's why Bionicle became as simple as the HF building system.

Sure, bus fare, or being too completely destroyed to have a body to revive...

And I have no idea what you're talking about with villains being hit by vehicles. But it sounds fabulous.

Evil......Furno? No. No No No No No.

Furno is my favorite HF Character. I would Prefer someone like...........Xt4. Sorry Vapour, But you actually WERE seen in the 3rd Episode. Xt4 Wants to Shine!

Evil......Furno? No. No No No No No.

Furno is my favorite HF Character. I would Prefer someone like...........Xt4. Sorry Vapour, But you actually WERE seen in the 3rd Episode. Xt4 Wants to Shine!

B-b-b-but Vapour's blue! Yellow is overrated! Not to mention, four arms? Yeah, we've only had that like, every year. I dunno, they could always tag-team, along with Jetbug and Thornraxx to form the League of S.U.V. (Severely Underrated Villains).

B-b-b-but Vapour's blue! Yellow is overrated! Not to mention, four arms? Yeah, we've only had that like, every year. I dunno, they could always tag-team, along with Jetbug and Thornraxx to form the League of S.U.V. (Severely Underrated Villains).

Um, Jetbug was in EP 5. I would instead would add um.......... I've got nothing.

Well let's say that if this furno is just the same but with different colors,I would hate it.

Just for being a recolor.But just think of all the dark red pieces!

No, not just a recolour of course. A whole new villain set, but with features reminiscient of Furno, like his XL helmet, cape, fire knight motif..

Just and idea of course. The truth is that I really want a Furno XL helmet in dark red or titanium metallic, for...things. And a fallen Hero. Not even Bionicle had the guts to make a truly corrupted good guy (no, I don't count the Hordika, Vakama's 20-minute betrayal or 2008 Takanuva), to this day I still wonder how Shadow Toa Ahkmou would've been like.

I don't think Bionicle didn't have the guts to make a corrupted hero, just that it didn't pop up in the major story at any point. Maybe a parallel shadow Takanuva in the later years? I don't know.

I don't think Bionicle didn't have the guts to make a corrupted hero, just that it didn't pop up in the major story at any point. Maybe a parallel shadow Takanuva in the later years? I don't know.

621295413.jpg

Really?

[snip]

Really?

(no, I don't count the Hordika, Vakama's 20-minute betrayal

As corruption sounds...

Do Von Nebula and Core Hunter count?

I mean they were once heroes but became villains.But that was a choice so I don't know if that would count.

Still I would love to see a corrupted hero.

Okay, the new Hero Factory wave is finally out in Germany.

It contains a few white sets, it contains blue sets (one of them is very large!) and it contains sets with limb pieces in new colours. Oh, some of them also have wings.

These are all things I totally love, so I went a bit crazy with this wave:

9186709026_d471065071_c.jpg

Yes, I'm about to review all these sets in the upcoming days. This is also the reason why I'm posting this here:

Which set should I review first? Are there any sets you really want to know everything about as soon as possible? Because in this case, I'll review these sets first and the less interesting later.

ZORK HAZ BLAK BRAIN OMG!!!!

I got Surge and DB the other day, and they are badass.

Oh, and do the polybag first. Then Stormer.

Zork, did you get them at a store?

I don't understand, is the black brain a store exclusive or a S@H gift (like, say Ewar's acrofighter or the Hulk minifig)? I admit, I kinda like the little thing. My next order is definitely going to be over 55 Euro, so..

I bought them at my local LEGO store. You get a polybag with every HF purchase for free. As far as I know, you'll also get them when you order the bags at S@H, but I'm not sure since the only thing I order online are Pick a Brick bags.

In fact, I got even two polybags, because I made two purchases: When I first went to the LEGO store, I decided to buy only Stormer, Surge and Dragon Bolt, but some time later I had to buy something else at a store near the LEGO store, and so I thought "Ah, why not?", went in there again and bought Frost Beast and Aquagon.

I'm actually surprised that nobody requested Dragon Bolt yet. I almost thought that everybody wants a review of him first. Not that I'm complaining about this - the suggestion to start with Stormer and Frost Beast is a good idea actually, since it allows me to pitch them against each other then.

But yeah, I'll write a review for the polybag first.

I bought them at my local LEGO store. You get a polybag with every HF purchase for free. As far as I know, you'll also get them when you order the bags at S@H, but I'm not sure since the only thing I order online are Pick a Brick bags.

In fact, I got even two polybags, because I made two purchases: When I first went to the LEGO store, I decided to buy only Stormer, Surge and Dragon Bolt, but some time later I had to buy something else at a store near the LEGO store, and so I thought "Ah, why not?", went in there again and bought Frost Beast and Aquagon.

I'm actually surprised that nobody requested Dragon Bolt yet. I almost thought that everybody wants a review of him first. Not that I'm complaining about this - the suggestion to start with Stormer and Frost Beast is a good idea actually, since it allows me to pitch them against each other then.

But yeah, I'll write a review for the polybag first.

Photos! Photos! Where are they? xD We need photos of a black brain slug :tongue:

I kinda figured Europe would get the polybag down the line, since they're generally a lot more into polybags and promotions than we are. I'm just glad that America finally decides to get in on that, when it counts.

So yes, polybag review plz.

Oh, I'm actually surprised that polybags are more common in Europe than in the US. I didn't knew that yet.

But okay, I think I know the order in which I'll review the sets now:

1) Polybag

2) Stormer

3) Frost Beast

4) Aquagon

5) Surge

6) Dragon Bolt

If anyone is not happy with this order, let me know it. ^^

Oh, I'm actually surprised that polybags are more common in Europe than in the US. I didn't knew that yet.

But okay, I think I know the order in which I'll review the sets now:

1) Polybag

2) Stormer

3) Frost Beast

4) Aquagon

5) Surge

6) Dragon Bolt

If anyone is not happy with this order, let me know it. ^^

.......THANK YOU!!!!!

What about Nidhiki? And Tuyet, but Nidhiki was even in LoMN movie.

On another note: Do you know what is really horrible? I live in one of those lucky countries where Lego is made (I think it is even Hero Factory, but I am not sure) and there is only one online shop which has summer wave for preorder and it should be availabl,e according to this web page, 7. 29. 2013 . Thats two or three months after USA? I just dont understand this. At least online shops are much cheaper there than regular ones.

If Hero Factory were going to corrupt one of the heroes we know currently, they'd have to give a very good explanation. I feel like in fan fiction and even in some original stories, the "corrupted hero" concept is used purely for its novelty, with a very tenuous story being written to explain why the character fell from grace. And this often ends up feeling somewhat unnatural for the characters in question. I prefer when those sorts of things are written with a slower and more natural sort of explanation.

Nidhiki was sort of forced into the villainous role. After it was clear he wanted to be a part of the Dark Hunters and was willing to sacrifice the lives of others to do so, he was transformed into a form where he felt like he would never be able to be accepted in any other position, in order to ensure his loyalty. So yes, he turned to "the dark side" on his own decision, but at the same time, he was a fickle, self-interested individual and might have switched sides again as it suited his fancy if the Dark Hunters hadn't taken steps to prevent that.

Vakama's fall from grace (as portrayed in the books, not the movie) was an example of how I feel this sort of corruption can be handled most effectively. Greg Farshtey has stated that in his personal opinion, Matau would have been a more likely candidate to turn evil during the Hordika saga than Vakama, so I'm always in awe over just how natural Greg made Vakama's corruption feel despite his own feeling that it was not a natural development for the character as he was written in the 2004 books and movie. It wasn't just a matter of Vakama deciding he didn't like his friends anymore or had more to gain by being evil. It was an extension of his anxiety from the 2004 books and movie, coupled with angst over Lhikan's death and carefully-planted clues which led him to believe he and his friends were NOT destined to become Toa and Lhikan had chosen them in error. The Hordika instinct surely helped, but it was not simply a matter of a poison weakening his better judgment (as we see handled quite ineffectively in the Chima TV show and marginally more effectively in the Ninjago TV show).

Now, I don't think a Hero Factory TV episode really has what it takes to pull this off. This isn't to say I think the Hero Factory TV episodes don't have the potential for good storytelling. A chapter book could tell this kind of story, or it could be carried out through multiple TV episodes, though that would demand a level of continuity that they generally aim to avoid. But for a story of this kind I think you'd need at least 88 minutes of running time unless the characters were established as fickle or impressionable beforehand.

Or we could just stick Furno in the Kek Powerizer and go for a "power corrupts" message. But I'd still prefer something more profound than that. :tongue:

Everybody ignores Brutaka because he was bad when we started to know him. I think that's one of BIONICLE's better example.

But yeah, I think an AU evil Furno could have potential.