Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

Grabbed all the character clips I could from the site and put them together.

Furno and Rocka's videos had some weird issue with the framerate, so when I converted them only the second half of the clip showed, so I didn't include them.

Grabbed all the character clips I could from the site and put them together.

Furno and Rocka's videos had some weird issue with the framerate, so when I converted them only the second half of the clip showed, so I didn't include them.

Ah, I didn't realize they had small animations, thats quite a good addition to the website.

And I still think Bulk's helmet would have been great on a Villain.

I guess the site is not fully ready yet, seems strange.

I will report tomorrow to the webmaster, if it's nok ok in the morning.

Erland

Part Design

It's not ready yet?

That's a relief, I'm REALLY confused with this new website. And I noticed that the timeline was rather disorganized.

Good. Anyway, about the game, the fact that most of the content is only available for the app version really bugs me. And the game has a worse customization system than the Breakout one! You only get to choose which character, which two weapons and which sidekick. No customization at all, really.

However, it can be fun at times.

The thumbnail for the mobile breakout game lies, it's got a minimap in the corner, and a GUI in the top left. Could an update be coming?

EDIT: It's been removed from the App Store. You can still download from the Purchased Tab though.

Edited by Devorath

The website shouts at your face that it was designed with tablets and other handheld devices in mind. Huge buttons and large, while few, text. What bugs me most is all the content that has gone lost with this update. >.< The character animations are nice, though.

-Gata signoff.png

The website shouts at your face that it was designed with tablets and other handheld devices in mind. Huge buttons and large, while few, text. What bugs me most is all the content that has gone lost with this update. >.< The character animations are nice, though.

-Gata signoff.png

Hm, maybe this is supposed to be the mobile version of the site and it accidentally got released as the main version. Seems to match what Front said about not being ready yet.

Please be the site for the mobile version. Please. Anyway, it does look a bit sloppy and weird with the disorganized timeline thing. And what is with the first screen before you enter the real site. Shouldn't they do character vs character like they did with each Breakout pair?

A little disappointed that they didn't put in the new Brain Attack episode yet (was pretty interested in seeing the summer sets more closely), but then again just as what Front said it's probably not done being updated yet.

*Prays for a different website*

The site is bleh, currently. I like the theory that it's the mobile version that was put up by accident. How it is, the downloads, story, and bios are all gone, which is sad.

Played the Brain Attack game, though. Having not played the mobile version, it was quite fun. I kinda like "defeat the hoard" type games. I can say I'll probably be playing it again.

Kalhiki

Hm, maybe this is supposed to be the mobile version of the site and it accidentally got released as the main version. Seems to match what Front said about not being ready yet.

I just noticed that the game has a "Download now!" ad in the first page. I think LEGO did a whoops and released the mobile version of the site.

It's the only logical thing I can think of.

Yea. I saw the download thing with the phone picture with game footage behind it. Let us hope that isn't the site. If it is.........petition for a new one anyone?

What I want to know is, just how exactly does someone do that big of a screw up? I mean sure, maybe it's a very small error in the coding that distinguishes if the website should be the PC version or a mobile version..But isn't it someones job to check to make sure the site actually works properly and is what is supposed to be there? Or at least common sense to do a quick peak after modifying an official site to see how it looks?

Maybe they got used to everything working fine that they stopped checking. That and they now started making sites for PC and Mobile instead of just PC.

Or maybe someone just hit the wrong button at the last second. I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

I just noticed that the game has a "Download now!" ad in the first page. I think LEGO did a whoops and released the mobile version of the site.

It's the only logical thing I can think of.

It's actually quite a nice site when you are on an iPad.

Another reason why it was probably made with portable devices in mind is that the video players seem to use HTML, not Flash. There is no other site on LEGO.com doing this.

-Gata signoff.png

Another reason why it was probably made with portable devices in mind is that the video players seem to use HTML, not Flash. There is no other site on LEGO.com doing this.

-Gata signoff.png

But for some reason, the Rocka, and not the Scarox need Flash to appear.

I just noticed they changed the render of Rocka in the first page. And they fixed a typo in the product pages, it used to say "Whishlist" instead of "Wishlist".

Sadly it's the same old site. :(

But for some reason, the Rocka, and not the Scarox need Flash to appear.

Good point.

I get an error message when attempting to access the website now. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: It's back with no changes. :/

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Well, the site is fixed. It's not glitchy, but it's the same. I also got the hang of it, and I can navigate it now. But still, it's confusing, and this new layout is a downgrade.

Quite a good replica of Evo 5.0 if anyone's interested to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8kO0KPtwzA

I'm not sure how accurate this is to the real set, but I hope his weapon will be at least, because I really like that propeller feature :classic: This video makes me very tempted to get Evo when he comes out, especially seeing as I didn't get his Breakout form last year.

Edited by Nike2032

Quite a good replica of Evo 5.0 if anyone's interested to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8kO0KPtwzA

I'm not sure how accurate this is to the real set, but I hope his weapon will be at least, because I really like that propeller feature :classic: This video makes me very tempted to get Evo when he comes out, especially seeing as I didn't get his Breakout form last year.

Oooo, that's really neat.