8458433076_37537993d3.jpg

"Victor is coming! He will soon take the city! No one is safe!" Kaflar hurried through the streets of Cedrica, pulling his coat closer around him and ignoring the cries of the distracted citizens. The ice cold wind, unusual for such a season, seemed to be in sympathy with the state of the country, for it blew through the streets, howling out that there was danger on the horizon. It was true, Kaflar knew, Victor Revolword had amassed an army and was moving toward Cedrica. But that was not what Kaflar feared - Cedrica was strong, her soldiers were brave - what was there to fear? No, it was the cunning of Victor that he feared - his uncanny ability to take over in an underhand fashion - and if Cedrica, the pride of the guilds, fell, what would be left? He redoubled his pace, but every step beat out the words, "The King is in danger, the King is in danger..." He wasn't sure how, or why, but a strange sense of foreboding was creeping over him.

Ageven received the news calmly - indeed he had been expecting it - but acted with promptitude. He himself, with Kaflar and Gad, arranged matters for their hiding, in the event of the city being taken by stratagem or force, in the home of an old merchant, who's young son, Gedius, was burning to go and fight. Raz and Azc were meanwhile instantly dispatched to the king's palace, to confirm any rumors they might have heard. The wind had only deepened in intensity and ferocity; it swept through the streets with a terrible vengeance, threatening to drag Azc off his feet more than once. They entered the palace quietly, through a side door and for a few breathless moments waited, listening It was quiet - too quiet, even. Raz under a sudden fear lest they be too late, sprang up the stairs, followed instantly by Azc. Without waiting to explain their business to anyone - indeed they saw no one - Raz went straight to the throne room, bursting in suddenly on a scene that confirmed his worst fears. Even as the door flew open a cry rang out, and the King's son fell to the ground. Azc did not wait for more; dragging Raz out with him, he turned toward the stairs, hoping they had not been seen.

Outside the palace, Azc paused for breath. "Cedrica has fallen," Raz groaned. "There is nothing left but to go in hiding as soon as possible - or, better yet, to leave at once." Azc nodded, and they made their way through the streets, strangely quiet now, for the wind had gone down - it was the calm before the storm, the storm that would shake Historica to it's foundations, the storm that would force either Revolword or Historica to it's knees.

For the week, all five stayed in hiding, not daring to show their face as Victor's hoards raged rampant throughout the city. Bad news poured in - the Jarl was dead, Dugal MacLean had fallen in the defense of Queenscross... Ageven knew they must leave as soon as possible. And so, seven days after the King's death, they snuck out of the city, accompanied by Gedius, who had volunteered for the mission Dugal left.

8458432964_b693b9cdf5.jpg

This is my entry into the Kaliphlin Mini-challenge (guess I did kind of wait until the last minute...), comments are welcome! It's also the last story build before my Challenge VI, so it will work as a prelude as well.

Interesting story and nice interior. So you killed the king's son in your story?

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not sure whether to kill the king too or what to do about that...

Edit: Reading what I wrote, I did say "after the kings death". Well we'll go with that and say he'd dead... most likely.

Lovely story and build! Great job!

Thanks! :sweet:

Edited by Kai NRG

Great build and story! I don't think the Jarl was killed, just kidnapped...

Thanks guys! Hmm, yeah, maybe the Jarl wasn't killed... guess that's what happens when you write in a hurry!

That's what I really like most about this whole GoH experience, you can see how everybody is progressing in their building skills. Just as this mocs proves to do so for Kai. So great job, man. I really like it a lot!!

Looks like someone is practicing on his interior challenge. :wink: Looking good, I really like the use of the cheese slopes in the window!

That's what I really like most about this whole GoH experience, you can see how everybody is progressing in their building skills. Just as this mocs proves to do so for Kai. So great job, man. I really like it a lot!!

Thanks Kabel, GoH has really helped me improve!

Looks like someone is practicing on his interior challenge. :wink: Looking good, I really like the use of the cheese slopes in the window!

:laugh: Something like that... Thanks, I was actually surprised they fit that well. Especially after all the trouble I've had with other square windows...

Looks great! I love seeing the prelude builds everyone is providing and the accompanying stories!

Apparently I did not comment on this already.... Nice window, the small interior fire place, and the beams. I already have you in the thread for the mini-challenge.

Looks great! I love seeing the prelude builds everyone is providing and the accompanying stories!

Thanks! Yeah, there are some pretty great stories coming out of this!

Interesting story, and the build looks great, I really like the window design!

Nice MOC Kai!! I like the window, the floors and the fireplace!!! :classic:

Thanks, Erikur and DM!

Apparently I did not comment on this already.... Nice window, the small interior fire place, and the beams. I already have you in the thread for the mini-challenge.

Thanks, I'm actually surprised at how well the beams turned out!