Maybe Zane got some upgrades and his internals look different as a result of that?

That'd be interesting, since it'd mean three unique Zane minifigures for the year and just one of each of the other Ninja (well, there are three variants of Lloyd if you count the gold shoulder pads, silver shoulder pads, and no shoulder pads versions as different figs, but I don't). That'd bring the year's minifigure roster up to seventeen.

It's also possible that some of the Ninjago figs there are just preliminary. :sceptic: It does seem like a possibility, since the Overlord and Samurai X decorations look almost like stickers, which are a sure sign of preliminary figs. But even so, that could hint at a new Zane minifigure, since a preliminary version might not have been needed if the fig were not new for summer. I guess we'll find out when we get better pics.

new suits for everyone but Cole (since he doesn't appear in this wave)? Odd

And Jay for that matter. Although we aren't too sure about Kai as well, seeing as we haven't seen any clear pics of the X-1 Charger yet. Come to think of it, we don't really have any concrete evidence that any of the Ninja are getting new outfits in the Summer wave at all. (Yes I've seen the hi-def pics of TBfNC, but they aren't concrete due to all of their torsos (sans Jay's) being hidden from direct view.

Maybe since the overlord got the golden power out of lloyd, lloyd has a silver and green suit instead of gold, I mean judging by where ninjago is heading, it seems pretty logical

Maybe since the overlord got the golden power out of lloyd, lloyd has a silver and green suit instead of gold, I mean judging by where ninjago is heading, it seems pretty logical

Yeah! I agree, I said something about that earlier, and I really would make sense.

After numerous attempts to design a set-like version of Borg Tower on LDD, I'm really hoping we get it later this year as a D2C set. Not only does it have great fig potential (including pre-evil Cyrus Borg, new Nya, and maybe even the ninja in their teacher outfits), but the number of iconic scenes could give it loads of play potential—in the first episode alone, you have falling elevators, Borg's office/lab, and the Nindroid assembly line, and if the tower reappears as a setting later we could see even more. It's also got a great exterior shape that would be iconic even if simplified for a set.

This is all just speculation, of course. I've only heard rumors of a D2C Ninjago set and have no idea if they have any merit. But if there were to be a D2C Ninjago set this year, Borg Tower would be the ideal subject.

After numerous attempts to design a set-like version of Borg Tower on LDD, I'm really hoping we get it later this year as a D2C set. Not only does it have great fig potential (including pre-evil Cyrus Borg, new Nya, and maybe even the ninja in their teacher outfits), but the number of iconic scenes could give it loads of play potential—in the first episode alone, you have falling elevators, Borg's office/lab, and the Nindroid assembly line, and if the tower reappears as a setting later we could see even more. It's also got a great exterior shape that would be iconic even if simplified for a set.

This is all just speculation, of course. I've only heard rumors of a D2C Ninjago set and have no idea if they have any merit. But if there were to be a D2C Ninjago set this year, Borg Tower would be the ideal subject.

that would be a huge set, I mean Borg Tower would

that would be a huge set, I mean Borg Tower would probably be as tall as Orthanc, but wider than the Simpsons house.

that would be a huge set, I mean Borg Tower would

that would be a huge set, I mean Borg Tower would probably be as tall as Orthanc, but wider than the Simpsons house.

It depends on what they put in it, but yes, it'd probably be big. However, size and price aren't necessarily the same thing. Orthanc had a very complex build with lots of exterior detailing, whereas a more "framework-like" design could help allow Borg Tower to reach a similar price point at a larger scale (and it'd still be plenty recognizeable so long as it maintains the same crooked profile). For example, Orthanc hardly used any window frames or even large columns to build up its height. The more industrial Borg Tower could do so to significantly reduce its parts usage.

As long as they keep the technoblade-shaped part at the top, it could even be just a single, "open" room (although if it was double-sided, that could work too), just a small scene, such as Cyrus' workplace and a screen featuring the Overlord, held between two frame-like walls. You don't necessarily need the lower levels of the tower to make it iconic.

As long as they keep the technoblade-shaped part at the top, it could even be just a single, "open" room (although if it was double-sided, that could work too), just a small scene, such as Cyrus' workplace and a screen featuring the Overlord, held between two frame-like walls. You don't necessarily need the lower levels of the tower to make it iconic.

Perhaps. But there are a number of scenes that are noteworthy (Cyrus' workroom, the falling elevator, the lobby, the factory), and the tower itself has a striking shape from the outside that I'd like to see represented in Lego. Not to mention that at this point, the only way there would be a set we don't yet know of would be if there were a large Direct-to-Consumer set. We can probably be certain that there are no small sets unaccounted for for the rest of the year.

Ok....I'm confused. What's so special about that tree exactly?

The fact that the leaf elements are angled in such a way to make the tree look more full and verdant than typical Lego trees (at least, those that typically appear in sets).

Eh... I mean, it would be cool, but I'd rather have more dragons and mechs and stuff. Not that a tower isn't cool, but it's seems like it's more of a hrad-core collector thing...

So the X1 Ninja Charger doesn't have a transformation feature, but it has a Tumbler-like feature. When a button is pressed, a red motorcycle with Kai on it pops out from the front!

12436106624_b35b0b56da_b.jpg

Click the pic for the hi-res version

-Sci

It's beautiful! I'm definitely going to be picking up that one rather than the Kai Fighter. Kai Fighter is great, but I've had a hard time liking it as much as Jay's Storm Fighter, which I already have. But this is a design that doesn't have to compete with any previous designs — it's something entirely new.

Also is that Min-Droid on the flying saw blade machine chasing Kai? If so, then that makes it that much easier for me to skip Destructoid and Kai Fighter alike. To be honest, I kind of wanted Destructoid, since it's another creative vehicle design and I've never gotten a set with one of those disk-spitting functions. But since it looks like the Zane in the battle set might be the undamaged version, I'd rather get that and skip Destructoid. I guess I might pick up Lennox's Lion Attack from last year sometime if I get the chance, since I love that design to pieces.

So the X1 Ninja Charger doesn't have a transformation feature, but it has a Tumbler-like feature. When a button is pressed, a red motorcycle with Kai on it pops out from the front!

*snip*

Click the pic for the hi-res version

-Sci

Looks awesome! How much is this set supposed to be? Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Please don't quote pictures.

Looks awesome! How much is this set supposed to be?

Judging by the box size, I'm thinking around $40.

It looks fantastic! (Please Lego, give The Lego Movie, Chima, Ninjago, and Ultra Agents different release dates! I can't afford everything all at once!)

Oh goody, I am thankful we don't have to wait 'till NYTF for images of the X1 Ninja Charger. It looks beautiful and a definite buy. The play function looks very nice.

Eh, it's style is nice executed, but the set doesn't seem too exciting. The most interesting parts are those used for the engine, and that's mostly because I can't see the engine properly.

Eh, it's style is nice executed, but the set doesn't seem too exciting. The most interesting parts are those used for the engine, and that's mostly because I can't see the engine properly.

I agree. Not really my favourite out of all the sets. Looks like I will be getting Kai Fighter after all. Yay. *hears wallet sobbing quietly*

I'm also not sure excited for Kai's vehicle. It's looks like they tried to hard. Plus, I know I'm not th only one who's a little disappointed that Ninjago will only have 2 summer sets. Mind you my wallet is happy, but still $120 is still making it cringe alittle. If this Ninjago Movie is gonna happen...i hope that it has the same coverage the Lego Movie did. I.e. CMFs, 10+ sets, new variants, a video game...mind you this is all wishful thinking...

Hmm, after looking at the pictures, I think I won't get any ninjago sets but destructoid or overborg attack. I am happy the new wave is not that tempting.