General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

@Lego-Freak: Your're right. Announcing the discontinuation wouldn't make sense. Announcing the continuation (as they do in the instructions) would make sense at a Toy Fair but it is a bit too early for this.

@Alcarin: I thought that we should know which sets are coming in Dez/Jan when the winter wave catalouge comes out (and this will happen in 6-7 months)

Months like December being so,late in the year and not the normal month we see releases might just be added later in the year.

As for no TLoR sets this year there is a chance, albeit small. TLG could have an exclusive hidden up its sleeve. Something for the summer to wet our appetite and let us know what fate had befallen TLoR.

I still hold hope for a winter 2015 wave but seriously doubt we would see a wave for,TLoR in December.

Yeah pictures yes, but I thought retailers could ''pre-order'' quantities for everything being released in calender year.... To get pictures in catalogs for customers for next year is only logical because they are available for the majority or all 1st half of the next year if they are released at December....

Would be illogical to put them in July-Dec catalog ....

Illogical, no. It's not like major retailers get a catalog in the mail and just place an order. I'm sure if something big is missing they are told to expect something later in the year. You have to remember business is fluid, things change all the time and both retailers and manufacturers know this.

Remember ssome pages back we talked about emailing lego etc. I emailed them 6 days ago and have yet to get an answer, usually the answer within 3 days or less.

Illogical, no. It's not like major retailers get a catalog in the mail and just place an order. I'm sure if something big is missing they are told to expect something later in the year. You have to remember business is fluid, things change all the time and both retailers and manufacturers know this.

Well i would atleast expect TLG to tell retailers which sets themes, lines are to be expected ..... I mean if LEGO has to know everything 1 year in advance I only see logical marketing following to want to know how much will their major retailers buy....

Its called good business... i did the same being in a much smaller company for 3 months.

Maybe I missed something along the way, but last I heard I thought we were still hoping that the rumors were true for the Mirror of Galadriel, Amon Hen Ambush, Witch King Attack, Osgiliath sets. If the rumors are true aren't those supposed to come out this year?

Maybe I missed something along the way, but last I heard I thought we were still hoping that the rumors were true for the Mirror of Galadriel, Amon Hen Ambush, Witch King Attack, Osgiliath sets. If the rumors are true aren't those supposed to come out this year?

Those were proven to be rumours right from the start. That list originated as a wish list on this site, so the list we found on that tumblr page just threw those in. The person who runs the tumblr even had a disclaimer saying that those sets weren't real. So as of right now, there are no new LOTR sets coming out.

Maybe a December 2014 releases is unlikely, but what about January 2015? Or even early 2015 like Feb-Apr? If the summer Middle-Earth wave is being pushed back 4 months to October (from the usual June release), Lego obviously would push the winter wave back as well. They aren't going to release two Middle Earth waves within 2 months of each other.

Well i would atleast expect TLG to tell retailers which sets themes, lines are to be expected ..... I mean if LEGO has to know everything 1 year in advance I only see logical marketing following to want to know how much will their major retailers buy....

Its called good business... i did the same being in a much smaller company for 3 months.

Retailers do not plan stock for the holiday season until much later in the year. So they would be expecting a catalog update mid to late summer for the stuff available in the third quarter for Christmas or Holiday sales surge. The retail calender year is not the same as ours.

I don't think we will get any info on Hobbit/LotR until SDCC in July. Although I would love to see the 4 sets for this year now.

I doubt the London Toy Fair this week or the New York Toy Fair next month will bring us any info on Middle-Earth sets. Still there is always good information to be found on other themes. But we is there to talk about? We could rehash older debates if you want. ;-)

Yeah, the discussion in this topic unsurprisingly seems to go nowhere, given the lack of news that might last till June/July (or go on forever) :grin: If we're lucky, the London Toy Fair might be bring us some news tomorrow, but it certainly would be Hobbit related which means months of dead air for this thread...

So the 2014 sets that were posted on here a while back that someone supposedly got from a friend that works on the Lego LOTR line were proved to be a hoax?

No. I say New York because that's were the big reveals happen and maybe we'll get some info on the LOTR sets if there are any.

Edited by azog15

So the 2014 sets that were posted on here a while back that someone supposedly got from a friend that works on the Lego LOTR line were proved to be a hoax?

Not proven, but they had VERY little credibility so at this point it's pretty much assumed they were a hoax. The guy who posted the list left shortly after and has never came back and posted anything else.