General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

The gaps between the numbers are realy strange, but I doubt they are hints for coming sets.

Anyhow, I can imagine, that TLG planned more sets for the second Lord of the Rings wave, but for some reasons they skipped one set - maybe 79009..... Maybe it was the Lothlorien Set from the Lego Lord of the Rings game, but i fear we will never find out :sad: .

Edited by Balbo

It's great to see so much support for Middle Earth themed sets recently. For me, honestly, all I really REALLY want to feel my collection is complete:

Brick builds

1. The Balrog

2. Treebeard

3. Minas Tirith

Minifigures, etc...

SAURON

Witch-king of Angmar (armored)

Fell Beast (molded, like in the video game)

Faramir (ranger)

Eowyn (Pelennor Fields armor)

Gothmog

Guritz

Madril

Gondor Soldier

Not too much to ask for...

Hopefully, with the Ideas project hitting 10k supporters and many other Middle Earth themed sets, Lego might cave and give us one last WAVE. I'm sure they read these forums, they have to know what we want. I won't hold my breath, but my fingers are crossed!

I still have hope.

Just look at Star Wars: The Clone Wars. After Disney cancelled it, fans were up in arms and began petitioning to "save the Clone Wars." What many thought was pointless, paid off in the end, and a year later, Disney released Season Six on Netflix.

Another example is Community. Yahoo is making Season Six because fans petitioned for "six seasons and a movie."

This just goes to show that we can make a difference. The recent surge in Ideas support is awesome. We need to keep this up and have our voices heard. I suggest we take the following plan of action:

1) Come up with our dream wave (sets, minifigures, price range, everything.) This list must be completely planned out and we all need to more or less agree on this.

2) Everyone email this list to LEGO, saying this what you will buy. We will plan an "assualt" and bombard them with emails. The key is for everyone to email them at the same time. If the website crashes because everyone is using it, our voices will be heard.

3) Edit the current petition or create a new one just for our dream wave. That way LEGO knows exactly what we want.

4) Create a Facebook page, a Twitter, and an Instagram. #onelastwave Make social media our friend. Whatever we can do to make our voices heard.

So who's with me? Let's not let those that say we can't stand in our way. Now is the time to act. May our voices be heard and wishes granted.

Edited by Sir Gareth

I still have hope.

Just look at Star Wars: The Clone Wars. After Disney cancelled it, fans were up in arms and began petitioning to "save the Clone Wars." What many thought was pointless, paid off in the end, and a year later, Disney released Season Six on Netflix.

Another example is Community. Yahoo is making Season Six because fans petitioned for "six seasons and a movie."

This just goes to show that we can make a difference. The recent surge in Ideas support is awesome. We need to keep this up and have our voices heard. I suggest we take the following plan of action:

1) Come up with our dream wave (sets, minifigures, price range, everything.) This list must be completely planned out and we all need to more or less agree on this.

2) Everyone email this list to LEGO, saying this what you will buy. We will plan an "assualt" and bombard them with emails. The key is for everyone to email them at the same time. If the website crashes because everyone is using it, our voices will be heard.

3) Edit the current petition or create a new one just for our dream wave. That way LEGO knows exactly what we want.

4) Create a Facebook page, a Twitter, and an Instagram. #onelastwave Make social media our friend. Whatever we can do to make our voices heard.

So who's with me? Let's not let those that say we can't stand in our way. Now is the time to act. May our voices be heard and wishes granted.

Well, it's worth trying, but some things to keep in mind-

Those Clone Wars episodes were more or less done, Disney really only released them because they had them.

Community is a fairly cult, and isn't nearly as mainstream or big as LEGO. They appeal more to fans, because frankly, fans are all they have. LEGO has far more.

But, it's possible. The # is a good idea, those can be powerful. Twitter is a very powerful medium for change, so you never know. I guess if we all put the required effort, MAYBE we can do it.

-And fortunately, I think we all pretty much agree on what we need in a last wave.

Unfortunately, your plan fails at step 1.

Hey guys, new member, but I've been lurking for a while. I think I've got the perfect final wave that will please everyone. I think I found the perfect balance of new figs and rehashes, and limited new molds. Prices are in USD.

Destruction of the Ring - $20: Includes Frodo (weary), Sam (weary), Gollum, Sauron and a structure with stairs, and large arched opening and cliff over lava.

Gondor Army - $35: Includes Faramir (Ranger), a ranger of Ithilen, 2 Gondor soldiers, 2 Orcs, an armoured troll, and a section of the wall of Minas Tirith. Connects to Battle for Minas Tirith.

3: Balrog Encounter - $50: Includes Gandalf (weary), Boromir, Aragorn, 2 Moria Goblins, the Balrog and a collapsing bridge of Kazad Dum.

4: Battle for Minas Tirith - $150: Includes Gandalf the White, Pippin (Gondor armour), Merry (Rohan armour), Eowyn (armoured with helmet and hair), Denethor, Gothmog, the Witchking, 2 Orcs, Grond, a fell beast and Minas Tirith with lower and middle level, and top level with the white tree, throne room and citadel.

If we could get another seven set wave, then I'd add Treebeard, Bilbo's Birthday, and Lothlorien. Hope you like it and enjoy!

^ Sold

If Lego came out with a surprise 3rd wave and it looked like that I would be so happy.

Sounds pretty good. I think the minas tirith you describe would be more like the $200 range but thats not really an issue so long as we get it as you describe. Take the aragorn/boromir figures away and we could get a $40 balrog set (more moria orcs, perhaps archers would be good), and the gondor army set sounds great. Don't know how desired destruction of the ring is but a Sauron figure would be nice.

Id quite like amon hen; say boromir, transparent frodo and at least to uruk hia ($35/$40) add more figures and forest features (lothlorien boats etc) for a more expensive set? There was a rumoured summer 2014 set list that was around last year, when more of us took it for granted a wave 3 was coming and that included amon hen (it also had witch king showdown, minas tirith, mirror of galadriel and osgiliath)

@Wonkyeye1 That Minas Tirith idea is genius! I never thought to combine the Witchking and Minas Tirith sets.

I'll post my set ideas later, as I'm a bit busy right now.

Edit: Added a few rough ones. I'll work on it sone more later.

Battle of Pelenor Fields $199.99

Gandalf the White, Shadowfax, Witchking (armored), Molded Fell Beast, Denethor, Gothmog, Faramir (armored), Eowyn (armored), Gondor Pippin, and Rohan Merry

Minas Tirith main gate attached to two outer wall segments, the Citadel with White Tree, two inner wall segments. one attached to each side of the citadel

Gondor Soldier Army $29.99

3 Gondorian Soldiers, 1 Rider of Rohan on horseback, 2 Mordor Orcs

Minas Tirith outer wall segment with trebuchet

Mordor Orc Army $29.99

4 Mordor Orcs, Troll (reprinted Cave Troll mold), Rohan Soldier, Gondor Soldier

Seige Tower

Edited by Sir Gareth

Three of the four most supported projects on Ideas are all Lord of the Rings projects. There is also a Hobbit: Dale project further back in the pack. This feels really good. I hope we can help push more than just Minas Tirith to 10K. That project needs less than 400 more supporters and should get it before the end of the month.

Hey guys, new member, but I've been lurking for a while. I think I've got the perfect final wave that will please everyone. I think I found the perfect balance of new figs and rehashes, and limited new molds. Prices are in USD.

Destruction of the Ring - $20: Includes Frodo (weary), Sam (weary), Gollum, Sauron and a structure with stairs, and large arched opening and cliff over lava.

Gondor Army - $35: Includes Faramir (Ranger), a ranger of Ithilen, 2 Gondor soldiers, 2 Orcs, an armoured troll, and a section of the wall of Minas Tirith. Connects to Battle for Minas Tirith.

3: Balrog Encounter - $50: Includes Gandalf (weary), Boromir, Aragorn, 2 Moria Goblins, the Balrog and a collapsing bridge of Kazad Dum.

4: Battle for Minas Tirith - $150: Includes Gandalf the White, Pippin (Gondor armour), Merry (Rohan armour), Eowyn (armoured with helmet and hair), Denethor, Gothmog, the Witchking, 2 Orcs, Grond, a fell beast and Minas Tirith with lower and middle level, and top level with the white tree, throne room and citadel.

If we could get another seven set wave, then I'd add Treebeard, Bilbo's Birthday, and Lothlorien. Hope you like it and enjoy!

I'd buy at those prices, but they are rather low.

Your Gondor Army set at $35 - 6 minifigs plus a troll plus a wall. Their Uruk-hai army set $30 a few years ago - six minifigs plus a horse plus a wall. Although they seem similar, the bigfigs add a lot to the cost and they do not come in small boxes / sets. Think about Hulk(s), Green Goblin, Goblin King, Mines of Moria troll, ... all bigger sets. Maybe $35 if you remove the troll.

Set 3: 5 minifigs, plus a larger fig (Balrog - presumably brick built) and a collapsing bridge of Kazad Dum - that is going to need to be at least as big as the $60 a few years ago Weathertop set, if not bigger.

Three of the four most supported projects on Ideas are all Lord of the Rings projects. There is also a Hobbit: Dale project further back in the pack. This feels really good. I hope we can help push more than just Minas Tirith to 10K. That project needs less than 400 more supporters and should get it before the end of the month.

I noticed that as well, if we could get multiple projects to 10000 it would really show Lego that there is a demand for more Lord of the Rings sets.

^ Sold

If Lego came out with a surprise 3rd wave and it looked like that I would be so happy.

I sure hope that Lego has a surprise third wave in store. We will know for sure by January when Lego introduces its summer sets at the toy fairs.

Edited by Bycougars

I'm always wondering when reading we still need a set with 'treebeard'. In my opinion the ent from the Orthanc set looks exactly like treebeard from the Lord of the Rings movie. The beard, the postion of the eyes,.... the ent from the set really reminds me of him :classic: .

Edited by Balbo

I'm always wondering when reading we still need a set with 'treebeard'. In my opinion the ent from the Orthanc set looks exactly like treebeard from the Lord of the Rings movie. The beard, the postion of the eyes,.... the ent from the set really reminds me of him :classic: .

I dont understand this either. We have so many holes in the line but one of the top wishes for many is another ent just because the one in Orthanc is not officially called Treebeard. :look:

Edited by sahidko

NYCC looks like a really big thing next year, Lego wise. We're definitely going to see the completed Jurassic World sets, as well as most likely the summer star wars sets. Add a surprise LOTR wave and my year would be complete (while my wallet has a nervous breakdown :-P)

I just can't believe what I'm reading. Never mind crashing Lego's servers; my brain just crashed trying to resolve the intention to commit borderline cyber-terrorism with a bellicose insistence on Lego sets. I'm afraid to say I really don't think that plan is an especially good one.

I don't think that is what Sir Gareth meant. I believe he thinks that there are untold legions of LEGO Lord of the Rings fans and if we just made our voice heard LEGO would make all the sets we want.

I doubt that is the case. The petition only received less than 1700 signatures. Some of the sets on Ideas though are doing well but none have so far reached 10k. We should get one there but I would encourage everyone to see if the others that are popular this week merit your support.

What I meant was that the increased traffic may unintentionally crash the site, showing there's popular demand for a third LotR wave.

The intent is in no way to purposely crash LEGO's system. The goal is to get a large group of people together and email LEGO in high volume.

I just can't believe what I'm reading. Never mind crashing Lego's servers; my brain just crashed trying to resolve the intention to commit borderline cyber-terrorism with a bellicose insistence on Lego sets. I'm afraid to say I really don't think that plan is an especially good one.

Gimme a break, their site would not crash from us sending them emails, and those emails would definitively dont count as "cyber-terrorism".. :wacko:

Well regardless of how literal you want to take me or SirGareth, I think it's nevertheless an unnecessarily confrontational approach to take. I think it demonstrates one of the sadder aspects of market economics (and, yes, most aspects are sad) that people think they can simply demand that they are provided with something they want. Campaigns and petitions like that should be catalysts for positive change in the world, not ways of getting material things that you want.

I'm sorry if that sounds moany but, well, I just think it's the wrong position to take on the matter.

It should be noted that e-mail campaigns don't really work.

Out of curiosity, has there ever been such backlash to the ending of a LEGO line? I mean have people ever been willing to bombard LEGO with e-mails to save any line before? Doesn't mean anything either way, but still, that is interesting.

Edited by Borador

LEGO brought Ninjago back due to consumer demand. I don't believe there is nearly the same amount of demand for Lord of the Rings and Ninjago doesn't require a license.

That's cool. That's your opinion. Treebeard happens to be one of my favorite characters from TTT...

To me, that ent is a birch ent and looks NOTHING like the Treebeard in the movies I saw. ALL of the sets do their best to properly represent what was actually in the movie. Look at the rest of that particular set... every minifigure and the tower itself are great representations. That ent is NOT Treebeard. Getting that ent is EXACTLY like getting Mouth of Sauron but no Sauron - it's like, why even bother?

What's WORSE is that we've SEEN what the official Lego Treebeard looks like in the game!

Birch Ent:

Birch_ent.png

Birchrock2.jpg

Rufus_TheTowerOfOrthancReview_3.jpg

Treebeard:

16.jpg

Treebeard.jpg

781px-Treebeard_and_Pippin.png

Hahaha ... OK, end of rant.