General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

If this is to end this theme I have to ask you. Did we get any official information that LOTR and HOBBIT themes are done?

Edited by wetib

I don't think the thread should be locked. If the discussions are too repeative for you, don't read the thread.

I think the thread shouldn't be pinned to the top of the message board anymore though.

Well, there never was much hope. Only a fools hope...

I don't think the thread should be locked. If the discussions are too repeative for you, don't read the thread.

I think the thread shouldn't be pinned to the top of the message board anymore though.

:thumbup: and :thumbup: for both statements.

I just got a response from Lego customer service, I hope this sheds some light on all of us:

Dear Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm a huge Lord of the Rings & Tolkien fan, so I certainly understand your wishes! I've always thought that Sauron would be very hard to 'bring to life' in a physical sense, but the movies did a great job with it. We could probably make a slightly-larger-than-life minifigure based on that image.

No new sets or characters have been announced, but there is always a possibility of us doing more with the line.

In the meantime, I will be sure to pass your comments along to our team of designers.

Thank you for your feedback!

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

LEGO Survey link

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Happy building!

Emily

LEGO® Service

Did You Know?

In 2013 the LEGO Group made about 500 million minifigures. If you put them next to each other in a line, it would stretch approx. 11,500 kilometers. That’s more than the distance from Billund in Denmark to Singapore in Asia!

Just use the “Reply” button on your email program to reply – but please don’t change the subject line or your email could get lost.

Edited by trollerblast

I would agree that there is no need to have the thread at the top. Another thread covers the dream set ideas nicely. Other than that, there is really not much to talk about. It is far more common for a business to announce that they are initiating or continuing a product than they are discontinuing one.

Yes, the line seems very incomplete, but I take heart in the fact that some people have created some good molds and prints for some of the key minifigs we are lacking. If there is a demand, then someone will fill it.

I just got a response from Lego customer service, I hope this sheds some light on all of us:

Dear Richard,

I'm a huge Lord of the Rings & Tolkien fan, so I certainly understand your wishes! I've always thought that Sauron would be very hard to 'bring to life' in a physical sense, but the movies did a great job with it. We could probably make a slightly-larger-than-life minifigure based on that image.

No new sets or characters have been announced, but there is always a possibility of us doing more with the line.

In the meantime, I will be sure to pass your comments along to our team of designers.

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

LEGO Survey link

Happy building!

Emily

LEGO® Service

Wow, a real response! While it doesn't shed any light, it's not the cookie-cutter response the rest of us got. Thanks for sharing.

The difference between the hobbit line and the lotr line is, that the hobbit line officially ends. That was announced in the catalogue. So...

Wow, a real response! While it doesn't shed any light, it's not the cookie-cutter response the rest of us got. Thanks for sharing.

well, that kind of response is common. They do alot of 'personal opinion of the person responding' replies.

If the discussions are too repeative for you, don't read the thread.

What kinda answer is that? I am not only one who assumed that there is no need to extend those dreamlist and dreamsets all over again...

It is a reasonable answer. Why shut down an ongoing conversation because some want it to stop? It would be the same if I declared other active conversations be locked.

I think this thread might sink quickly if it was no longer pinned though.

And here we go again... Another set list another dream wave.... Jesus....

Everyone on this forum has right to share with his opinion or dream list sets. If it is anoying for you don't read it and strop try to ban with sharing opinions others users

Edited by wetib

Perhaps you missed my poibt ladd. I just tryied to say as many others before me that those topics regarding "dream sets" was there thousands time before and also there was thousands replyies to them.. So why continue asking for something when you can find answer if you read few pages back.

And as you said "eceryone has right to share his opinions..." that includes me as well ;)

I will ask them IN PERSON at NYCC in a little less than 2 weeks. I also know a few other people that will be asking them in person there as well.

I'd also like the thread to remain open. If it is unpinned that is fine.

If it is closed, the same discussion will just shift to the Hobbit thread.

Been reading this thread for a while but only just created an account. My overall thoughts on the Lego middle earth range is that it has been very impressive on the whole, particularly lotr and hobbit wave 1 (ive found some of the hobbit builds a bit dissapointing compared to how such scenes looked in the films but i think thats the way with lego when they make sets for films that are yet to come out as opposed to making sets from films that have been out for years i.e. star wars/lotr). Im as uspet as the rest of you at the thought of the line ending but on the other hand im grateful for the volume of sets we do have :D Few years ago id of never thought lego would make lotr line but i wanted to do cartwheels when i found out about lotr wave one and have really enjoyed the middle earth line(s) since so im glad for what we got.

As for lotr wave 2, i never thought it a strange choice of sets, or minifigures (I quite like that we got mouth of Sauron but obviously id have loved that set to come with more soldiers and the armoured troll Aragorn fights), but i suppose thats because like many others here i assumed it was going to be a middle wave not the last.

Also, I think NujuMetru's minas tirith on lego ideas is amazing (as is the edoras im surprised it doesnt have supports close to the minas tirith). Id desperately love that to be a set and even for those who arent so fond of it id argue that at least supporting it and hopefully getting it onto shelves as a real set would be another way of getting future middle earth sets, aswell as e-mailing lego and signing that petition; all very good efforts IMO and the enthusiasm in trying to keep this line alive has been the reason ive kept reading this thread even through the occasional repitition does occur. I see no harm in keeping this thread going as long as people want to talk about one of Lego's best lines ;)

Dear Richard,

LEGO Survey link

Happy building!

Emily

LEGO® Service

Did You Know?

In 2013 the LEGO Group made about 500 million minifigures. If you put them next to each other in a line, it would stretch approx. 11,500 kilometers. That’s more than the distance from Billund in Denmark to Singapore in Asia!

Just use the “Reply” button on your email program to reply – but please don’t change the subject line or your email could get lost.

First news, the licence has not been ended yet. 2nd news, unlike that what we think, the wave is not buried!

I phoned me too in french service last month and they told me that the licence was not ended and most of people who work in lego are fan of lord of the ring.

The license being active doesn't mean that they intended to do anything else with it, it just means they have the legal right to if they are inclined. But like everything else, that has already been discussed here ad nauseam.

Edited by bachamn

The license being active doesn't mean that they intended to do anything else with it, it just means they have the legal right to if they are inclined. But like everything else, that has already been discussed here ad nauseam.

Having an active license also means they can keep selling any stock they have remaining, which they are doing.

Orthanc came out of nowhere. You never know. I think we will be surprised before the final Extended Edition blu-ray sets come out next November.

I don't think it came out of nowhere. There were the pictures of it on the shelf (Autumn 2012) and very grainy images of the side box art months before it was released.

Besides lotr never got any form of media support like hobbit got with the movies. So propably we get a wave next year!

Edited by LegoThomas