General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

Unless Lego can come up with a good Castle theme for 2015 (NOT like their 2013 version.. blah :sick: ), I probably will stop collecting Lego as well. I was somewhat interested in the Super Hero theme, but after seeing the 2015 preview set and hearing where it's going, along with their 2014 offerings I am less than impressed. I actually really like some of the recent Star Wars sets (the Jabba ones, new Cantina with Dewback, especially the Ewok Village), but I haven't collected any Star Wars sets in a decade and I am a completionist so I feel like trying to get into the theme now wouldn't be worth it. That, and I also only like the sets based on the original trilogy. The cartoon spin offs and such don't interest me at all.

Btw speaking of ending LOTR Theme, I desperately searching for Rohan soldier 1-2 figs thats enough for me. Is there anyone who will be so kind to get me some for good price?

Wow. No more LOTR. I don't think I've ever cussed as much at one time as when I heard there was no add.

It makes no sense. There's a part of me that still wants to believe we'll get another wave, since they have 2 new orc prints just for the Hobbit (since when have TLG ever done that?), but in my head I know it must really be over. Well, it was my favorite lego line ever (IMO the best lego line ever), and it brought me out of my semi-dark ages. I'll still be buying lego though, but probably not as much, unless there's a really good castle line coming up.

EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO CONTACT LEGO. I have emailed them several times. I have gone onto their Facebook page and posted.

If I'm the ONLY one... then who cares. Don't bitch about this here alone and expect change... Go and let Lego know how you feel directly! Reach out to them. Email, phone, Facebook, hand written letter . . .

I think the only hope for a Lord of the Rings set is a finale direct to consumer set as they are not listed in retail catalogues and also would not be listed in the back of the instructions. Who knows.

LEGO takes time to produce waves of themes. If there was something on the pipeline I'm sure we would know about it. US complaining to Lego about it won't change anything. If it wasn't in production already, they can't snap their fingers and make it so, just because we are upset. Especially at this time of year. I thought I read that more lego is sold in December than the rest of the year combined or something...

Ya, and LotR is a license so it's not like Lego is going to renew it just for another wave if they hadn't planned on doing one, much less renew it for a single set. The only way it could happen is if there was a huge backlash like when Lego ended Ninjago. Honestly, I doubt we have even a fraction as many fans as that though. If we did, the line probably would have gotten another wave of two...

I just don't think the numbers are there. Even we as AFOLs are mainly picking up the sets at deep discounts to save a buck or two. If retailers have to sell sets at 30% off MSRP that's not going to make them want to order more once they run out of stock. Combine that with the theme not being terribly kids friendly and lackluster second (and third, in Hobbit's case) waves and well... no one should really be surprised we didn't get any more LotR waves :sceptic:

Edited by Deathleech

Someone should start a petition for more LOTR sets, or even 1, which fills the gaps that we need!

I think a petition is what we should do now!

I am just going to finish my modification of Helms deep, add 25-30 more Uruk-Hais and i am done. It will be pretty symbolic as the first set i bought after my dark ages was UHA.

I am just going to finish my modification of Helms deep, add 25-30 more Uruk-Hais and i am done. It will be pretty symbolic as the first set i bought after my dark ages was UHA.

Mine too :D I bought Helms Deep and UHA but UHA was first since I waited to HD to be delivered by post. :)

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading it for several years now. I have decided to register to support AFOL community's voice in The Lord of the Rings third wave of sets.

That would be very dissapointing if we won't get any more. I spent to LEGO (LOTR of course) sets more money last month than my parents have for my entire life. Yeah, LEGO LOTR finished my Dark Age. But, sadly, it seems not for long.

All I want is simple coverage of missing scenes from entire trilogy: Balrog, Witch-King Showdown, Prologue. But that's not all. This is LOTR, it's the story about destroying The One Ring. Why, then, TLG decided (?) to leave our stories uncompleted?

PS I sent TLG e-mail also.

I think it a good point that maybe us afol do buy a lot of sets at very good discounts I got 10 Uruk-Hai Armys but all half off so our buying power might not be as big as we think although we also buy on day one too

I think one last d2c set would do really well but the problem is no new molds

I think we are too late to ask for more we should have done it a year ago when lego had time to make more

but some of the sets we are missing are also the ones kinds would like I do think lego messed up big time after wave one

I think a petition is what we should do now!

I started a new thread about the LEGO LotR petition, check it out if you want!

I think it a good point that maybe us afol do buy a lot of sets at very good discounts I got 10 Uruk-Hai Armys but all half off so our buying power might not be as big as we think although we also buy on day one too

I think one last d2c set would do really well but the problem is no new molds

I think we are too late to ask for more we should have done it a year ago when lego had time to make more

but some of the sets we are missing are also the ones kinds would like I do think lego messed up big time after wave one

where did you find uruk hai army? i seek it but i didn't find it in appropriate price!

where did you find uruk hai army? i seek it but i didn't find it in appropriate price!

Well sets like these (popular army builders, like Mirkwood Elf Army as well) usually don't get big discounts, at least not on amazon. Maybe this is because they sell well anyway, or because of the unusual high minifigure count. A decent price for these sets would be retail price. But you will need a lot of luck if you want to find some for that price nowadays...

Edited by Trunkbass

Btw speaking of ending LOTR Theme, I desperately searching for Rohan soldier 1-2 figs thats enough for me. Is there anyone who will be so kind to get me some for good price?

Who isnt?

I still need 5-6 for a good display :)

I picked up them up in Tesco and asda around the same time but it was a long time ago now the Mirkwood Elf Army has not been hard to get at half off but I only got 2 as they mostly have holds hair or helmets would have been much better