She's a beauty! Already RC'd then?

Not full RC, only built in functions. With the 8043 in my collection, don't feel the need to RC this one. 8043 is a masterpiece!

In my honest opinion the only people who could complain if any are the ones that have just bought the 42006 set and want to build the B-model whose instructions should be on the LEGO website.

For the rest of us that didn't buy the set (yet) there is no reason to complain at all.

Free instructions for a great design that can probably be built with parts of 8043 I consider as a gift!

just my $0,02

Oh I understand, I that case I want Dluders life with his "very important" concerns :tongue::hmpf_bad: .In 100% there will be instructions, but universe will not break if this is not going to be same day as purchase.

I bought this a couple of days ago, it's a 1 x 11 with a 1 x 3 on one and and a thin 1 x 5 on the other end both adding one stud length to each side. The thin 1 x 5 is attached through a 5L axle that let's it act as a pivot point. It's not forced at all.

It doesn't.

It is not attached with pin with friction but an axle.

Yup, I understand that it is assembled with axles going through pin holes. What I'm referring to is the diagonal upper assembly (1x11 beam, 1x5 thin beams, and 1x3 beams). The connecting points for this diagonal assembly are at right angles to the horizontal lower section. The geometry doesn't really work, and the diagonal assembly is a fraction too short. I guess since it's only off by one hole it fits good enough. Not something I would expect from LEGO though.

Not a complaint, just an interesting observation.

Otherwise, a wonderful set with a nice price tag!

Edited by dhc6twinotter

You guys are missing the point... its bad image for the brand and looks unprofessional.

I don't think there's anything TLG can do to stop me from buying every Technic set they release.....it's a sickness....lol

Just look at all of those beautiful LA's, David.

I'm not 100% against la,s just most of the time,they do suit 8043 and I have 2 of that set :)

If only they were black or yellow it would help!

I'm not 100% against la,s just most of the time,they do suit 8043 and I have 2 of that set :)

If only they were black or yellow it would help!

Black would be nice, yellow wouldn't look good when used on certain color sets IMHO

What I'm referring to is the diagonal upper assembly (1x11 beam, 1x5 thin beams, and 1x3 beams). The connecting points for this diagonal assembly are at right angles to the horizontal lower section. The geometry doesn't really work, and the diagonal assembly is a fraction too short. I guess since it's only off by one hole it fits good enough. Not something I would expect from LEGO though.

I perfectly understood what you meant.

And I tell you it again : it works because there is a bit of play, precisely because there is no friction.

You can see such things also on the roof of 8258 or on the side of the hood of 9395.

As for the roof of 8110, I would call it an illegal build this time.

I perfectly understood what you meant.

And I tell you it again : it works because there is a bit of play, precisely because there is no friction.

You can see such things also on the roof of 8258 or on the side of the hood of 9395.

As for the roof of 8110, I would call it an illegal build this time.

Ah, ok. I understand what you are saying. I never noticed this on 8258 or 9395 (which I don't have). That's something I would try to avoid on my own mocs, but I guess LEGO deems it acceptable.

Anyways, I'll have to see if my local LEGO store has this set in stock. It's very nice.

It looks really nice displayed next to the 8043. A yellow 8294 would complete the ensemble. :classic:

It's hard t find an 8294 under $100....I just can't pay that much....need to see if I have enough parts to build on my own. Would probably just need to buy the bucket and tracks on BrickLink.

LEGO had it on their site for 79.99 the other day, now there back up too 100 bucks. Bummer, I was gonna order on this weekend. I guess I,m just gonna have to pay it, LOL. I like the size of it next to the 8043, wondered when someone was gonna put them side by side for a comparison on the size of it. One mod we can do to it is raise the whole cab up so the bottom is about the same height as the roof where its at now. If you ever seen this at a scrap yard the cab is up higher for better visability.

Dan.

LEGO had it on their site for 79.99 the other day, now there back up too 100 bucks. Bummer, I was gonna order on this weekend. I guess I,m just gonna have to pay it, LOL. I like the size of it next to the 8043, wondered when someone was gonna put them side by side for a comparison on the size of it. One mod we can do to it is raise the whole cab up so the bottom is about the same height as the roof where its at now. If you ever seen this at a scrap yard the cab is up higher for better visability.

Dan.

Most equipment like this has raised cabins:

qn0o7k.jpg

It would be a very cool feature!

LEGO had it on their site for 79.99 the other day, now there back up too 100 bucks.

What are you talking about? I'm in the USA too, and looking at this Shop.Lego.com webpage, the price for the 42006 Excavator is still $79.99. If you're worried about "runaway inflation" *oh2* , you should order it!

What are you talking about? I'm in the USA too, and looking at this Shop.Lego.com webpage, the price for the 42006 Excavator is still $79.99. If you're worried about "runaway inflation" *oh2* , you should order it!

I just ordered one for $79 also, since I struck out in the stores. Can't wait to get this one!

It's hard t find an 8294 under $100....I just can't pay that much....need to see if I have enough parts to build on my own. Would probably just need to buy the bucket and tracks on BrickLink.

Well, I just posted on ebay my 8294 to try to raise money for the 42006 if your interested. Unfortunately after 4 years and two home moves I have misplaced the sticker set.

Just can't wait to get my hands on the new one!

How much playability can there be in this set with just one motor as LEGO suggests?

You can only control 1 function at a time, so just to pick up something you need to switch gears 3 times manually :sceptic:

Edited by Pedro Antunes