CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Sorry fella, Aragorn stuff is 100% not going to happen. The quote you featured is years out of date: The Hobbit film project has been stated time and again to tell the story of The Hobbit and only the events which occur during that timeline

While I agree that the information came from an interview several years ago, Jackson has taken pains to make carefully crafted connections between the Hobbit and the LOTR. The denial of Viggo being involved with the films is standard MO for a film which wants to keep some parts of the upcoming plot under wraps and doesn't mean anything. But just like the sets, we will have to see what will come.

However, as I stated before, am merely speculating about what we may see as upcoming sets. I don't have any more information about potential sets than anyone else. Fella.

I guess it's somewhat safe to assume the eagle mold lego makes is the same as this one. I'll just leave this picture here for people wanting a somewhat better look.

6fcffa.png

Edited by deskp

I guess it's somewhat safe to assume the eagle mold lego makes is the same as this one. I'll just leave this picture here for people wanting a somewhat better look.

6fcffa.png

I´m really looking forward on eagles but we still need a nazgul beast :classic:

You know what would be cool? A set with a eagle and a Fell Beast

so you could have dog fight of sorts. Then you could have the Witch King

or Ringwrath plus a rider for the Eagle. It would probly come to 30 or 40 bucks.

Mmmm. Non brick built Eagles. :drool: <-- (Does anyone else feel we need a Homer Simpson Smiley just for situations like this? :grin: )

I think, given the fact that we are dealing with PJ, nothing can be ruled out completely. He has taken a ton of of "artistic license" with the first Hobbit movie, so I would not be surprised to find new things thrown in to the later movies that do not match the books or chronology. Everything is pure speculation this point.

Those eagles look pretty good! A bit undersized, perhaps, but the look is spot-on.

I think they would looks a bit ridiculous were they any bigger.

I think, given the fact that we are dealing with PJ, nothing can be ruled out completely. He has taken a ton of of "artistic license" with the first Hobbit movie, so I would not be surprised to find new things thrown in to the later movies that do not match the books or chronology. Everything is pure speculation this point.

Agreed. Which is why the potential of the upcoming movies and Lego sets is so exciting. It's almost like Christmas for Tolkien and Lego fans waiting to see what both parties can create.

I like the eagles, but I think they would look better with a closed beak. Just my opinion.

A user uploaded an image on Brickipedia. It's a custom but it looks great! Maybe if he gets made he won't look that different from this. Sorry if it's been posted already :blush:

127px-Witch_king.jpg

Edited by Otherworld

the pirate ship sett is called ship of umbar. It has 9 minifigures. there is also some batle scene illustrated on the box. there are some bad guys and good guys figting on a dock. there is a small catapult on the dock. there are some caracters on the box that are not on the list, you know the list with all the minifigures.

Similar with the black gate set. 5 minifigs listed but seems thet tere are many more. there is also 1 black rider on it.

the pirate ship sett is called ship of umbar. It has 9 minifigures. there is also some batle scene illustrated on the box. there are some bad guys and good guys figting on a dock. there is a small catapult on the dock. there are some caracters on the box that are not on the list, you know the list with all the minifigures.

Similar with the black gate set. 5 minifigs listed but seems thet tere are many more. there is also 1 black rider on it.

You mean it has the Mouth of Sauron not a black rider. Is there an eagle or fell beast in this set?

A user uploaded an image on Brickipedia. It's a custom but it looks great! Maybe if he gets made he won't look that different from this. Sorry if it's been posted already :blush:

127px-Witch_king.jpg

That doesn't look very custom. Check out that font at the bottom of the picture. The TM implies to me that it's a prelim image, however, that sword looks like it's from Brickforge...

Anyone can make a trademark logo. I highly doubt it is official because like you said there is a brickforge sword. We all know Lego would never use custom pieces like that even for a prelim.

I checked the link for the set on Lego wikia and there is no veritable source. Maybe we will get a Witchking set but right now we have nothing but an unsubstantial rumor.

I don´t know if it´s true but i found this:

79009 Witch-King Battle King Théoden, (Female Minifgure assumed to be eowyn), Merry, Witch-King March2013

http://lego.wikia.co...rd_of_the_Rings

OMG If it´s true I got heart attack :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I think they based that off of this custom set, which was put up on Brickipedia yesterday:

Witch_king_battle.jpg

I think they based that off of this custom set, which was put up on Brickipedia yesterday:

Witch_king_battle.jpg

OK guys, now it´s not happy new year for me :blush: :blush:

While there is no source, there is a set number, so this could be the exclusive set of the wave. If this set is a TRU exclusive, then it wouldn't have been shown in the catalogue, so this number and fig count could have trickled out somewhere. If this is true, which I have a hopeful hunch that it is, I am ecstatic! Getting the Mouth of Sauron, Witch-King, Gandalf the White, King Aragorn, King of the Dead (plus soldiers), Elrond, Arwen, Saruman, Eowyn and Merry in armour makes this an absolutely amazing wave! It covers three of the major villains, most of the secondary characters (no Faramir) plus variations of past Minifigs. Outstanding!

That doesn't look very custom. Check out that font at the bottom of the picture. The TM implies to me that it's a prelim image, however, that sword looks like it's from Brickforge...

Here's the original picture:

6543685121_38aebdab7f_m.jpg

I do believe it is going to be an exclusive set like Fives pointed, I just hope it isn't that expensive :look: Just in case it really happens.

Edited by Otherworld

If this is real, I hope Eowyn get a Rohan shield thats different to the one that has already appeared in previous sets. I think it would also be good if the new mould that we will likely get for Eowyn is used to add some variety to some new Rohan soldiers.

Also if this set comes with a fell beast made from moulded parts, do you think anything brick built will be included in the set? I don't think the set could just be the fell beast, Theoden's horse and minifigures (unless the fell beast actually is brick built)

I'd be slightly more excited about this as a possible set if i hadn't just bought a Theoden minifigure off of bricklink...

Edited by ramjarjamjar

You mean it has the Mouth of Sauron not a black rider. Is there an eagle or fell beast in this set?

yes there is the mouth of sauron but also the black rider I think.

Eagle confirmed!

October, was there more than one Lord of the Rings page? Someone else posted about Eowyn vs the Witch King. Any word on that?