jorgeopesi

Can we write the unwritten rules?

better still, mods could address the free-flying insults rather than just sweep the matter under the rug.

KEvron

KEvron, I wouldn't worry about it too much... The "Insults" if you would really call them that were very minor... I think everyone has stated their opinions rather well in this topic...

From what I have gathered in my years of building is that Fan Made models overall seem to be more respected and appreciated by other builders when they abide by the same guidelines that The Lego Company follows...

what is up with some of the folks in this forum?! is it impossible for them to simply offer a counterview without adding insult? this isn't the first time lipko's been abrasive without any provocation whatsoever (is that you, gary busey?). mods, do you watch this stuff? it's getting awfully trollish up in here.

KEvron

There is a report button under each post. You can report if you think a post is offensive or not following the forums guidelines.

I think I made a point with that offensive post. This is a forum for AFOLs. I just didn't believe a statement to be truth. I don't think that even the target of the post got offended because he replied and cleared the statement up a bit.

The "Insults" if you would really call them that were very minor

of course, i would call them that, and the offenders went out of their way to deliver them. i hope that isn't the standard by which we judge a well-stated opinion.

KEvron

I would appreciate it if we wouldn't muddle a discussion about unwritten rules with a discussion about the discussion. Moderators can discuss the discussion by themselves, and if you want to have a say in that, use the report button, so that members who actually want to discuss the topic at hand, writing the unwritten rules, are free to do so.

Edit: let's also not forget that we're Eurobricks, not Anglobricks. There are a lot of non-native English speakers here, so misformulation and misinterpration can easily occur. Let's start by assuming that none of us mean harm.

Edited by Erik Leppen

This has definitely gotten out of hand.

hmmm. i just got a personal message from Ralph_S wherein he re-asserts his belief that i'm a cop out, followed by the admonition that "dude, life is too short."

If you want Moderators to deal with the insults, you'll be the first one dealt with. Don't think that just because you insult someone in PM, nobody will know about it.