Sign in to follow this  
-zenn

Choices...

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which configuration?

• Engines & Wings up front.
    • Engines & Wings at the back.
    • Other, please specify.

So I haven't been building during the summer... Now I've picked up the pieces again.

In the past I've been asked to build something bigger, which I'm doing now; an alternate reality WW2 sky-fi starfighter plane.

Already made engine pods, fuselage, guns, and done most of the details.

The only thing I can't decide on is the configuration; engines up front or engines at the back

It both looks good, but can't decide; I'm diggin' the hammerhead style cause it's different, but also love the regular style cause it's more realistic.

So, how about a little help here; what would you like to see and why?

Edited by -zenn

It's hard to vote without seeing mockups of each orientation - it's really a decision to make based on how it fits along-side the pieces joining to it and within the greater context of the MOC as a whole. I also am not sure which orientation you're referring to when you say "regular style" in relation to "hammerhead style" - I presume "regular" would be props forward and "hammerhead" would be props rear, but one cannot vote based on presumptions.

It's hard to vote without seeing mockups of each orientation - it's really a decision to make based on how it fits along-side the pieces joining to it and within the greater context of the MOC as a whole. I also am not sure which orientation you're referring to when you say "regular style" in relation to "hammerhead style" - I presume "regular" would be props forward and "hammerhead" would be props rear, but one cannot vote based on presumptions.

I understand. :classic::thumbup:

Well, to make it somewhat easier without spoiling the build;

the engine pods contain forward facing guns and rear facing props. I only need to determine their position relative to the main body.

It's like cutting the wings of a regular airliner and glueing them either more to the front or to the back.

Edited by -zenn

Ah... so the poll options are a little misleading, then - it's not the orientation of the engines as much as the position of the engines AND wings.

Well, since most WWII planes had wings closer to the front, I think it would be more traditional to orient the engines/wings towards the front. If you wanted to go a little less traditional (pushing the sci-fi quotient up a bit), then set the wings/engines further back. I'm less of a traditionalist, so I'll vote that way ;)

Well, I vote for the traditional front-mounted engine design since it is more realistic that way, as you said. But that's just my preference, and ultimately, it's up to you, so I suggest looking through the Lego Sky-fi Flickr pool to get some ideas and see which style you like best. :classic:

I think putting it them the back or making the engines long enough to reach from the back to the middle is best. And the fact that they are part gun makes me lean even more towards this.

Edited by DraikNova

Thanks everyone, I'll take all your opinions with me while finishing this build the upcoming week. :laugh::thumbup: