Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

*SNIP*

Have these been shown on here yet? I think that these look pretty good as far as polybags go. It also gives us a vague idea of what we can expect from the box art of the actual sets and gives us a closer view of the two main characters.

*EDIT* I imagine that us in the UK will get these in a newspaper promotion for The Sun, probably in or around May to coincide with the release of the rest of the theme.

Hope these polybags were released in Spain, but we won't get them, as usual!!! :sceptic: :sceptic: :angry: :angry:

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
please don't quote pictures.

Full thoughts on the sets based on this scan:

79106 Cavalry Army Builder

Can you say... battle pack? Oh, but it is SUCH a battle pack, very much cut from the same cloth as those in the Star Wars line. The build is the most minimal, well, ever, thanks to the presence of the horse and the firing cannon, but this is not a complaint. Horses: good. Firing cannons with large wheels: very good. And a few spare palisade bricks: can't hurt. Not only that, but the Union soldiers themselves look fantastic, and very adaptable. Find it hard to call them 'cavalry' though - the Lone Ranger's the only one with a horse! Definate purchase for me, at least once.

70107 Commanche Camp

Eh... not that thrilled.If you're trying to build a massive Wild West diorama or simply want some native Americans in your collection, fine, but it does little for me. The tipi looks decent, but it's not thrilling by any means. Pass!

79108 Stagecoach

Utterly gorgeous. It's a definate buy, despite the worryingly high price. I do wonder if the piece count crept higher than expected while the set was being developed, and they could no longer justify it being at a lower price point and added an extra minifig or two to compensate. Either way, it's still a fantastic set. The coach looks amazing, elegantly shaped and bursting with details. I'm looking forward to adding it to my pirate-era town, minus the 'STAGECOACH' sticker, of course. The minifigs look great, too. The bandit on the horse has a torso which could happily exist in town, pirate or Star Wars setups, and the Helena Bonham Carter fig is just fantastic too. The hair would be perfect for any Victorian diorama. Just make sure she avoids Whitechapel...

Anyway, definate purchase.

79109 Colby City Shootout

I thought at first those roof pieces on the Sherrif's office were new, but it turns out they're simply uncommon. Ah well. To be honest, this set is a bit of a damp squib from the looks of things. Yes, nice that LEGO paid lip service to the notion of Western buildings, but they're a bit wimpy, aren't they? There's simply not enough there to get my interest, and this is something that will doubtless continue to cause outrage over those prone to outrage, because this set in particular prevented the Cuusoo Modular Western Town set from passing review. Not an improvement in my eyes either, as these buildings are just small, ugly and boring. Shame.

79110 Silver Mine

Loooooads of dark tan BURPS. And indeed, tan rock pieces of all kinds. It looks like a fine enough set, but I can't imagine it'll be a particularly exciting build. Assembling random-looking rock faces to strict instructions is never that exciting. Nonetheless it's a decent-looking set, there's plenty of play value there, and despite a reasonably hefty price tag I get the feeling it'll feel like value for money when it's released. Not sure what those blue panels in the bottom left are for - is silver ore blue nowadays? I do like the villain minifig - hats with hair are always welcome, and the torso looks... quite...

Hang on. Is he wearing a Miss World sash there? Naaaah... can't be... Still...

79111 Train

Wow, this looks amazing. A really fantastic-looking steam train, a track to put it on, a ton of fantastic minifigs, a working gattling gun, a cattle truck... all well worth the price tag, but I doubt I shall be getting it. There's absolutely nothing here I don't like (well... possibly that silly exploding rock gimmick) but it still doesn't make me want to splurge out on this set. It's a personal thing - I don't have anything for it to go with. Outside of Star Wars, my big love is 18th century style sets, pirate era mostly. While the Stagecoach could happily blend in there, a distinctly late C19th train would simply stick out. A shame. Not a buy for me (unless it's on sale) but I begrudge no-one who does.

According to Brickfanatics.co.uk, Lone Ranger sets are on display at the London Toy Fair. Unfortunately, there's a no photo policy at this fair, but Barry, who is covering the fair, will be shown round the toy both at 11:30 am and will be making updates from then.

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to get any of these sets, but after seeing that new scan I'll definitely be getting the stagecoach. That's the only one that I have any interest in. Although the others are pretty cool. Just can't see myself spending the money on them. :sceptic:

UK set prices according to Brick Fanatics:

• 79106 - Cavalry builder set £11.99
  • 79107 – Commanche camp £19.99
  • 79108 - Stagecoach escape £29.99
  • 79109 - Colbert city showdown £39.99
  • 79110 - Silver mine shoot out £69.99
  • 79111 – Constitution train chase £79.99

If these prices are accurate, which I'm sure they are, they are excellent. :thumbup: to LEGO on these prices.

UK set prices according to Brick Fanatics:

• 79106 - Cavalry builder set £11.99
  • 79107 – Commanche camp £19.99
  • 79108 - Stagecoach escape £29.99
  • 79109 - Colbert city showdown £39.99
  • 79110 - Silver mine shoot out £69.99
  • 79111 – Constitution train chase £79.99

If these prices are accurate, which I'm sure they are, they are excellent. :thumbup: to LEGO on these prices.

That is fantastic news. £30 for the stagecoach means it's no longer even a question, it's a day one purchase. And with the train easily on the right side of £100, it becomes sorely tempting.

I can't believe how much effort has gone into these sets! I'm not really at all interested in the license at the moment. But they are just gorgeous!!!

79109 Colby City Shootout

I thought at first those roof pieces on the Sherrif's office were new, but it turns out they're simply uncommon. Ah well. To be honest, this set is a bit of a damp squib from the looks of things. Yes, nice that LEGO paid lip service to the notion of Western buildings, but they're a bit wimpy, aren't they? There's simply not enough there to get my interest, and this is something that will doubtless continue to cause outrage over those prone to outrage, because this set in particular prevented the Cuusoo Modular Western Town set from passing review. Not an improvement in my eyes either, as these buildings are just small, ugly and boring. Shame.

One thing that I find interesting (Being a doctor who fan) Is that those buildings are based off the same set used for "A town called Mercy"!

Being an avid railroad enthusiast, I must say that the train looks gorgeous! If it's under $110 dollars, for me it's an instant purchase. A passenger car could easily be put together to complement it, and a motor added to have it go around a layout. The stage coach and the calvary sets also look like must buys. Darn you Lego and your clever marketing, with your TMNT and your Lord of the Rings, and now this!

Does anybody know USD for these? I'm thinking of picking up the battle pack to get a better horse for Theoden.

Battle pack is likely $15 USD. Not 100% sure, perhaps someone can confirm? Edit: I guess it could be $12. But in general, battle packs are 15

The carriage would be $30,

Comanche Camp $20,

Colby City Shootout $40 (possibly 50?)

Mine $60-70,

Train $80 (one of the ones I'm least sure on though).

Again, I believe those are the prices, but don't bet on it.

Edited by Kai NRG

This is by far one of the best themes for 2013. It has nearly everything for both Western and Historical fans but also large playability for children. I really feel The LEGO Group has outdone themselves. :classic: As for the sets individually, I will definitely purchase 1 or even multiples of the train, and considering sources say it comes with a full circuit of track it seems like a bargain. Additionally I will also get multiples of the Cavalry Builder Set as it is the perfect set for army builders like myself and can be used in Civil War MOCs. I'm sure to get these as soon as they come out. Thanks once again LEGO! :classic:

Really hoping we get some pics from the ToyFair soon for these sets particularly the Train!

Apparently pictures of these sets were not allowed at Nuremberg. However, pictures of these sets may be allowed at the New York toy Fair in a few days time. I'm hoping that is the case anyways because I really want to see these sets as they would look in the flesh rather than from a retailer's catalogue.

So the battle pack isn't just generics? It has the Lone Ranger? Hard to army build unless I want an army of Lone Rangers on the side. :/

So the battle pack isn't just generics? It has the Lone Ranger? Hard to army build unless I want an army of Lone Rangers on the side. :/

Well your Lone Ranger clone army could battle the Harry Potter clone army eh ? :laugh:

I feel that we won't see the sets next week in New York....the film is still a few months off yet. :wink:

Well your Lone Ranger clone army could battle the Harry Potter clone army eh ? :laugh:

I feel that we won't see the sets next week in New York....the film is still a few months off yet. :wink:

We usually see all the summer sets, minus store exclusives. Plus aren't the sets coming out in April anyway. We'll see them at NY this Sunday, Disney needs all the promotion for this film they can get. Plus NY is the last chance for companies to show consumers what they have so they can form an idea on what to buy.

Is it me or does the bandit in the stagecoach have the same faceprint as blackbeard?

Love these sets. Definately getting the train, cavalry and stagecoach - not least to get some white & black horses for my Rohirrim. It was annoying the way all the LOTR horses were brown. A brown horse looks rubbish stood next to a predominantly brown hall of Edoras. Definately need more variety in horse colours. I'd like to see dark tan, dark brown and DBG also.

Not sure how legit these pictures are, but check out this flickr gallery for the "train set". Looks like the real set, but I could be wrong.

Ralph

Those are legit, makes me want to buy the set.

Well all that track is a nice plus, though I still don't think I'll end up getting it...