just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

Just throwing this in quickly.
You can get a look at all figures that will be coming out this year, even the skunk and fox.
Strangely, these two have tails, but the crocs and wolves do not.
The first few figures also seem to have new armor. The shoulder armor seems to be rounded. Edited by KazeMonsuta

Wow, foxes and skunks with tails. They look great!

Yes they do look great! Wonder why the crocs done get them. Also where do they the attach?

Yes they do look great! Wonder why the crocs done get them. Also where do they the attach?

They attach on the neck, like the tail of the Colletable Minifigure Dinosaur Suit Guy.

At 0:40 of the video I posted, look at their necks. They are elevated and the skunk has a visible grey part there.

Edited by KazeMonsuta

There's also a vid showing the sets:

-Sci

You can see in this video that the Chima display shows two Lion Temples back-to-back! Or part of them, anyway-- there's only one Chi fountain between the two of them. I wonder if this will be an advertised feature-- rarely do you see this kind of thing in a non-D2C set.

You can see in this video that the Chima display shows two Lion Temples back-to-back! Or part of them, anyway-- there's only one Chi fountain between the two of them. I wonder if this will be an advertised feature-- rarely do you see this kind of thing in a non-D2C set.

If I understand what you mean, the Ninja Outpost could do the same thing. That was $5.

From what I can see, I think the white Wolf is a female, though I'm not sure. I'm surprised they didn't have any Rhinos or Bears showcased, are they show-exclusive?

I'm surprised they didn't have any Rhinos or Bears showcased, are they show-exclusive?

Hopefully they aren't show-exclusive. It's much more likely that LEGO isn't giving us any Rhinos and Bears in sets until 2014.

From what I can see, I think the white Wolf is a female, though I'm not sure. I'm surprised they didn't have any Rhinos or Bears showcased, are they show-exclusive?

The white wolf is Windra (aka Mother Wolf). We knew she was female. The bears and rhinos are either show exclusive or will be released next year.

Got Cragger's Boat in the mail today. Just finished building it. Super cool! Bigger than I thought...

-Sci

Gonna do a review?

Might. I lost two pieces of the set (Lennox's head and a 1x4 olive green tile), and I'm looking for them now.

EDIT: Found them!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

The only thing about the most recently added video is that they barely showed the Combat Lair. From a distance of what we got, I'm very excited. The Twin Bike also looks much bigger than what I thought (why did I think small? All action theme bikes are mis-proportionate). By the looks of the CHI Temple, it looks like it has a head on both the front and the back, as the "back head" seems to look like it is on a different wall support than the front. Its also nice to see that that set includes the Croc Bike that was in the first episode of the TV Series. I was also very surprised the see that G'loona is a little girl, as opposed to being like Eris and Crooler. Also by the looks of it right now, no Crunket. It is also nice to see how Skinnet and Furty will look like (tails!). The new shoulder armor looks quite nice as well. Should be good!

The white wolf is Windra (aka Mother Wolf). We knew she was female. The bears and rhinos are either show exclusive or will be released next year.

Windra may be a woman, but it was never said that she was the Mother Wolf. There has been no official proof.

Edited by Penkid11

How will the fox and skunk minifigures sit. Unless special seating is made you will have to remove the tails.

Edited by kermit

Anybody seeing what I'm seeing. (not complaining)

But seriously, if I see one person says that this means LEGO is copying Beyblade, Thundercats, and Sonic the Hedgehog, I'm gonna flip out. :angry:

How will the fox and skunk minifigures. Unless special seating is made you will have to remove the tails.

No you won't. The tail doesn't fall below the leg joint.

Edited by Meiko

But the tail sticks out so you will have to have a very long/deep seat to accommodate them with the tail.

But the tail sticks out so you will have to have a very long/deep seat to accommodate them with the tail.

True. I'm wondering if the tail is a softer plastic, that would be flexible; possibly like Serpentine tails in Ninjago.

I noticed that the top part of the tail is attached to the neck thing. So the tail is connected by the top, not a big invisible line running down the back holding the tail.

-Sci

I expected Skinnet to have small legs, like he did in the show, but regardless he and Furty look great! I will definatly have to try to get all the gorillas! :wub: They all look awesome in my opinion. Does anyone know if we are getting those armor pieces that were on Laval, Cragger and Razar at the start of the video?

I noticed that the top part of the tail is attached to the neck thing. So the tail is connected by the top, not a big invisible line running down the back holding the tail.

-Sci

Hum. Not sure how that would look. I watched the 2 Chima episodes today, as well as the last two Ninjago ones, I somehow missed them being aired and uploaded to YT. IMO, Ninjago has a cooler storyline, but maybe that's because I feel like I know the characters from 40 episodes and 3 years of sets. At first I found Laval and Cragger annoying, and it didn't say what Cragger did with Eris. It just seemed like it was symbolising Peace turning into War or something like that. Those videos up there are neat. But most of it just seems like a ramshackle mess. Lion Temple looks cool, I can see fans making them two command bases, with the army fighting in-between. I was a bit annoyed at how much showtime Crominus and Cruncket got. I would have liked a Cruncket minifigure, but as Crominus actually comes in a Speedor, it feels like he should have more showtime. At the end of the episodes, I was unsure whether there were going to be more. I'd like Crominus and Cruncket to come back, and re-take over the Croc Tribe. It might just be me, but I can't see Chima going for as long as Ninjago. The first year ended with Garmadon vanishing through a portal, which will give him enough power to take over Ninjago. As far as we know, Chima ended with Cragger saying it wasn't over. The Gorilla Mech looks fine, I might buy a few just for generic mechs. The 'gorilla face' basically doesn't exist (I can't even see it), but I like the broad shoulders. I would really like to see a larger Eagle base, the Castle is silly compared to the Temple and the Croc Boat. And I would love like a Wolf Cave or a Raven Roost, or some base for all the sets. Talking about D2C sets, I think they should make a Mount Cavora set. With light-up bricks for the eyes of the carved heads. That would be awesome, and I think it would sell well to other fans, as it would have that Avatar look that is in the landscape, while the other sets, based around tanks or fortresses, don't show.

Rant over.

The Skunk and Fox figures look phenomenal! Those Speedor sets with them are going to be the Lloyd ZX of this year!