CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

How do we know that? We've only seen pictures for Spring/Summer waves of Iron Man and Superman. What about winter?

The winter wave is considered to be January 2014. It won't be till comic con in July that we get to see next years figures. That's how it's been the past two years, and I can't see LEGO changing it now. I'm not a fan of the short time between the waves but they make sense.

Old news buddy, three days old.

Sorry, I just didn't notice them, and no one else gave confirmation of all three being available.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a short wave of sets based off Thor: The Dark World, which is due out November this year, as LEGO have made sets for all the Cinematic Universe films since Avengers. This would also coincide with the release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug sets and the film.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a short wave of sets based off Thor: The Dark World, which is due out November this year, as LEGO have made sets for all the Cinematic Universe films since Avengers.

Isn't Iron Man 3 the only MCU out since the Avengers?

I'm betting we'll get something in the same vein as the dark knight rises set, one set released a wave later.

Isn't Iron Man 3 the only MCU out since the Avengers?

I'm betting we'll get something in the same vein as the dark knight rises set, one set released a wave later.

yeah, but Thor 2 comes out in Nov.

I think that they will release Thor 2 sets in Oct, and count it as Marvel's winter wave.

yeah, but Thor 2 comes out in Nov.

I think that they will release Thor 2 sets in Oct, and count it as Marvel's winter wave.

Yeah, we'll probably also get to see them when the pictures from SDCC come out in July if that's the case.

They may also release a Thor set in January instead of Oct/Nov similar to how they did with TDKR dvd release. That makes just as much sense to me. Thor 2 isn't as big of a deal as The Avengers was, so getting the toy out right away isn't going to matter as much. Either way, I'd expect a Thor set sometime. Hopefully it will have a different Thor costume in it, otherwise it might not be worth picking up.

They may also release a Thor set in January instead of Oct/Nov similar to how they did with TDKR dvd release. That makes just as much sense to me. Thor 2 isn't as big of a deal as The Avengers was, so getting the toy out right away isn't going to matter as much. Either way, I'd expect a Thor set sometime. Hopefully it will have a different Thor costume in it, otherwise it might not be worth picking up.

If they did just make one set like what they did with TDKR (which would be a disappointment), I'd expect a minifigure of Thor in his new costume (http://media.comicvi...-dark-world.jpg) and the main villain of the film, Malekith.

The Malibu Mansion Attack is now available from UK S@H. No sign of the Ultimate Battle, though....

If they did just make one set like what they did with TDKR (which would be a disappointment), I'd expect a minifigure of Thor in his new costume (http://media.comicvi...-dark-world.jpg) and the main villain of the film, Malekith.

I expect three sets featuring Thor(new outfit), Loki (his new look), Malekith, his Dark Elves, Odin, Heimdall, Sif, the Warriors Three, Erik Selvig(if he's important enough), and Jane Foster ( that new Padme head could also work for her)

I would expect that Marvel would want at least three to promote the film, sure he's not as popular as Iron Man or the Avengers, but i'm sure sets based on Thor will be released in October. We will find out later at SDCC 2013 where they'll show of figs or maybe the largest of the sets.

I expect three sets featuring Thor(new outfit), Loki (his new look), Malekith, his Dark Elves, Odin, Heimdall, Sif, the Warriors Three, Erik Selvig(if he's important enough), and Jane Foster ( that new Padme head could also work for her)

I would expect that Marvel would want at least three to promote the film, sure he's not as popular as Iron Man or the Avengers, but i'm sure sets based on Thor will be released in October. We will find out later at SDCC 2013 where they'll show of figs or maybe the largest of the sets.

Yeah, there Should be a whole wave of thor, and hopefully a new Spidey set in October.

I guess I'm not seeing the difference between that suit and his old suit. But either way, I'd welcome new Thor sets if the figures are cool enough. One of the warriors three reminded me a lot of how I picture Green Arrow from DC.

Either way, hopefully they will come out with enough to promote the film, I'd just expect them in winter wave instead of when the movie comes out.

I certainly hope they increase the number of sets next year. With all the MCU stuff its slowly pushing the X-men and Spider-man stuff out. In the next 2 years we have Thor: the dark world, Captain America: the winter solider and Guardians of the galaxy. Hopefully they all don't get 3 sets each as that's 9 sets. Looking at the this year and last years that's 3/4 of the whole superheroes wave.

I guess I'm not seeing the difference between that suit and his old suit. But either way, I'd welcome new Thor sets if the figures are cool enough. One of the warriors three reminded me a lot of how I picture Green Arrow from DC.

Either way, hopefully they will come out with enough to promote the film, I'd just expect them in winter wave instead of when the movie comes out.

There's a lot og bronze in the new suit including the circles,

Personally, I'm a fan of Norse mythology. If TLG completely ignores it, my feelings will be a little thor...

In all seriousness, though, they'd be stupid not to cash in on a film that will likely do very well at the box office.

Personally, I'm a fan of Norse mythology. If TLG completely ignores it, my feelings will be a little thor...

In all seriousness, though, they'd be stupid not to cash in on a film that will likely do very well at the box office.

I'd be shocked if they completely ignore it but it's entirely possible we may see just one winter wave (January) set, considering that's what they did for TDKR

At what point does TLG realize they have a good thing on their hands--super heros are a product that have made many companies money for many years--and increase the number of sets per year? Other movies get tons of sets (Lone ranger) and nice, expensive, flagship pieces. I'm not even talking about a set like Arkham Asylum. Give me a nice, $100 scene or something.

At some point, someone at Marvel and DC and TLG and Disney need to realize that the category 'Super hero' doesn't cut it. There is DC. There is Marvel. Each of those could be broken down, of course.

Anyway, enough TL;DR...I just hope the powers that be realize that with fans of these franchises, "if you build it, they will come".

At what point does TLG realize they have a good thing on their hands--super heros are a product that have made many companies money for many years--and increase the number of sets per year? Other movies get tons of sets (Lone ranger) and nice, expensive, flagship pieces. I'm not even talking about a set like Arkham Asylum. Give me a nice, $100 scene or something.

At some point, someone at Marvel and DC and TLG and Disney need to realize that the category 'Super hero' doesn't cut it. There is DC. There is Marvel. Each of those could be broken down, of course.

Anyway, enough TL;DR...I just hope the powers that be realize that with fans of these franchises, "if you build it, they will come".

I'm not really sure what options they have at the moment. The contracts with DC/Marvel may specify a number of sets. the contracts are up after 2014. I suspect, if we will see the number of sets rise it will be in 2015 when they have redone the contracts. I think the timing of this is not coincidental as 2015 is going to be a very big year for Marvel and DC.

I like everyone here hope to see a rise in sets but I think it is unrealistic till after 2014

Edited by Marvelfan120

I'm not sure what you mean by Lone Ranger getting more sets... According to Brickset, LR is getting 8 sets, while Superhwroes has 13(2 being polybags). I'm assuming you mean each property, but it's called Superheroes, not DC Superheroes/Marvel Superheroes.

The reason they probably have them together is because they only want a certain number of themes on the shelves, and if they split the two up they would have to shelf another theme for later years(speculation).

I'm not sure what you mean by Lone Ranger getting more sets... According to Brickset, LR is getting 8 sets, while Superhwroes has 13(2 being polybags). I'm assuming you mean each property, but it's called Superheroes, not DC Superheroes/Marvel Superheroes.

The reason they probably have them together is because they only want a certain number of themes on the shelves, and if they split the two up they would have to shelf another theme for later years(speculation).

Actually they do part it into DC and Marvel on S@H.

But I don´t think the number of themes in the making has something to do with the sets they can produce. Star Wars gets 20+ a year and a timely movie tie-in gets 8. If it has anything to do with other sets it would be the total amount of sets and at the moment they have gone far back (according to Brickset 380 sets this year and 720 sets in 2012, most of the other years are between 450 and 500). I believe LEGO has something that they are holding back. It would be a ludicrous idea to have the license contracts limit the amount of sets made to six per company when Star Wars is hanging out right next to them with 20 sets if it has a bad year.

Maybe there is even a winter wave that we don´t know about because it comes out in November/December and thus is already counting for next year. I could see them doing something like 2 or 3 sets Thor: Dark World and 2 or 3 sets Beware the Batman. Batman premieres around summer and Thor starts after Halloween. Wouldn´t be the first time that the film comes earlier than the merchandise.

Thor getting the Dark Knight treatment of utter ignorance seems out of place. He is somehow kid friendly and right behind Iron Man in the box office. It would be more believable for them to only do one or two Captain America 2 sets with the films characters being mostly humans that use guns and real weaponry (unlike Iron Man) and the plot being a political thriller according to interviews. But I really hope everyone gets his fair share of sets and characters.

Are the IM3 sets available everywhere now or was the March 7th date just for TRU?

They are supposed to be everywhere, the 7th was the offical release date for the sets. But i went to my local target and walmart, neither of them had, though mine always get new sets late for some reason.

What you have described is my point: It is lame to lump a 'super hero' theme together. Super heros are a different beast than most properties and I hope TLG gets that. I think it will/would make them a lot of money. It would be awesome if they were holding back news for some pleasant surprises...more sets and some bigger sets, namely.

I'm ok with the rate the super hero sets are coming out, honestly. I'd like bigger ones, but I can't afford to drop that kind of money all the time.

The Malibu Mansion Attack is now available from UK S@H. No sign of the Ultimate Battle, though....

Sea Port is on there too now! Wheeeeee.