CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Do you know if this was just a speculating fan, or a worker or associate of Lego? Because that just made my day. :blush:

It was at a Marvel panel at some comic con, the writers of the current X-men comics said they believed sets were coming in October.

Just saw that Iron patriot in the UK is available with every console apart from pc! I think this is a really unfair move by Lego as there are quite a few people in the UK including myself who don't have an xbox,ps3 etc. I used to but like most gaming appliances it broke down was fixed then broke down again! I really wanted to get the game on pc because it looks like a cracking game and I was looking forward to getting the patriot with it as they really should've swapped the war machine in the sets with it. So now I either have to buy it for a ridiculous price from the second hand market after the game is released or buy the cheapest console version which I can't use effectively paying £25- £40 for a minfigure that should have been on all consoles anyway. Thanks a lot lego....

Just saw that Iron patriot in the UK is available with every console apart from pc! I think this is a really unfair move by Lego as there are quite a few people in the UK including myself who don't have an xbox,ps3 etc. I used to but like most gaming appliances it broke down was fixed then broke down again! I really wanted to get the game on pc because it looks like a cracking game and I was looking forward to getting the patriot with it as they really should've swapped the war machine in the sets with it. So now I either have to buy it for a ridiculous price from the second hand market after the game is released or buy the cheapest console version which I can't use effectively paying £25- £40 for a minfigure that should have been on all consoles anyway. Thanks a lot lego....

You're fine, I'm the one who's really gonna lose this one. You can always buy a console version, keep the figure and sell the game, even for a full price if lucky, whereas I can't even pre-order it. I really don't understand such restrictions: available only as a pre-order bonus, for console versions only, limited to certain store and of course, only a few countries. Not to mention it's a character that should have been included in a regular set. Had it been War Machine, I would understood. But not Iron Patriot. This is all absolutely stupid!

Oh, and I have asked LEGO three times on their Facebook page if it's gonna be more widely available, but they didn't bother to reply. :angry:

You're fine, I'm the one who's really gonna lose this one. You can always buy a console version, keep the figure and sell the game, even for a full price if lucky, whereas I can't even pre-order it. I really don't understand such restrictions: available only as a pre-order bonus, for console versions only, limited to certain store and of course, only a few countries. Not to mention it's a character that should have been included in a regular set. Had it been War Machine, I would understood. But not Iron Patriot. This is all absolutely stupid!

Oh, and I have asked LEGO three times on their Facebook page if it's gonna be more widely available, but they didn't bother to reply. :angry:

I hear your plight my friend. If it was War Machine then I would be fine with giving it a miss as in the movies currently it is the patriot. The fact it is one of the most central characters in the latest movie is what gets me. Really this one so should've been in sets. I think it is beyond imbecilic to withhold such a prominent character in the film from sets. Then Again we may ask if this is the case. Where is Eric Savin? where is happy Hogan? the president? etc. So many Iron Man 3 characters didn't make it into the entirely juvenile and lack lustre iron man 3 wave.

Any chance of we seeing the Iron Patriot in some way that is NOT linked to the pre-order? I mean, maybe in the future? Though I do have a PS3 and want the game, I also won't have access to the minifig :sceptic:.

Any chance of we seeing the Iron Patriot in some way that is NOT linked to the pre-order? I mean, maybe in the future? Though I do have a PS3 and want the game, I also won't have access to the minifig :sceptic:.

The name of the polybag he comes in is called "gun mounting system", which means the polybag is for the base he's on, I think there is a HUGE chance of seeing an Iron Patriot (SDCC, or as a bonus for paying $75+) he is not what you really get when you pre-order the game, you get the "gun mounting system", there is no word on whether or not we will get him, but the only thing exclusive in the pre-order is the mounting system, so yes there is a chance :)

Um Whut? I'm pretty sure the preorder bonus includes the figure and the gun-mounting system. Maybe LEGO has to play by some kind of rule where they can't just give out a singular figure in a polybag. Like the Batman2 Lex Luthor had the black bricks and his gun

I think he just means that it doesn't say 'Exclusive Iron Patriot' anywhere, it just says 'Exclusive Gun-Mounting System' or something like that. With IP not showing up in the next wave of Marvel movies, though, I find it pretty unlikely that we'll get him.

Honestly I think everybody would be just as pissed if Iron Patriot was in the set and War Machine was in the polybag. I guess IP looks cooler what with all the colors, but really War Machine is a more important armor over all since the whole Iron Patriot thing was just one big joke in the movie.

I hope you guys are right! I'm dying to get an IP for my collection. I tried evilBay put the prices are just outrageously ridiculous right now.

I hope you guys are right! I'm dying to get an IP for my collection. I tried evilBay put the prices are just outrageously ridiculous right now.

There is no guarantee he will be available elsewhere, but I would be grateful we even got War Machine, he appeared the most out of the two armor Colonel Rhodes used.

True! I got the Extremis Sea Port Battle​ set basically because of War Machine.

Same here got the set just for war machine. I didnt care too much for the boat since it wasnt even in the movie.

Make that 5, although in retrospect, the boat was pretty well designed. Too bad it wasn't in the movie.

Agreed, I liked the boat and Aldrich Killian, to a certain extent, too! But, War Machine was definitely the driver of that set demand. Oh, and make me 6. :wink:

I know most of the focus has shifted to the 2014 Superheroes Rumor thread, and rightfully so... But I just wanted to share that my local TRU had the leftover Robin & Iron Man poly bags left over from the event two weeks ago...

I picked up the 30166 Robin & Redbird Cycle, and I must say without hesitation that this is possibly the GREATEST POLYBAG SET I have ever seen!!!! 40 pieces, a full-size & fully realized vehicle, and a major character fig to boot. Quite simply, I just can't recommend it enough! Bravo!

I was at TRU today and they had a lot of 30166 and 30167. Picked up one of each even though I already have that Iron Man. Plan on waiting to assemble them till when I open my other six Superheros sets, wanna have a big LEGO Superhero day for myself. :P

I was at TRU today and they had a lot of 30166 and 30167. Picked up one of each even though I already have that Iron Man. Plan on waiting to assemble them till when I open my other six Superheros sets, wanna have a big LEGO Superhero day for myself. :P

Thank you. I picked one up Robin's cycle today at lunch. There are a lot more Iron Men left but I already have that minifig. I might have waited but we may not get Robin next year (excepting the Junior's which might be a different print).

I think he just means that it doesn't say 'Exclusive Iron Patriot' anywhere, it just says 'Exclusive Gun-Mounting System' or something like that. With IP not showing up in the next wave of Marvel movies, though, I find it pretty unlikely that we'll get him.

Honestly I think everybody would be just as pissed if Iron Patriot was in the set and War Machine was in the polybag. I guess IP looks cooler what with all the colors, but really War Machine is a more important armor over all since the whole Iron Patriot thing was just one big joke in the movie.

War Machine could always have been released as part of another Iron Man movie, Avengers movie (if he finally appears) or any of the cartoons. The War Machine armor LEGO did make didn´t even appear in the movie, WM should have been the exclusive fig if anybody.

Um Whut? I'm pretty sure the preorder bonus includes the figure and the gun-mounting system. Maybe LEGO has to play by some kind of rule where they can't just give out a singular figure in a polybag. Like the Batman2 Lex Luthor had the black bricks and his gun

I don´t think 3 2x2 blocks count as a building toy, otherwise they would do that with Star Wars battlepacks, too.

The name of the polybag he comes in is called "gun mounting system", which means the polybag is for the base he's on, I think there is a HUGE chance of seeing an Iron Patriot (SDCC, or as a bonus for paying $75+) he is not what you really get when you pre-order the game, you get the "gun mounting system", there is no word on whether or not we will get him, but the only thing exclusive in the pre-order is the mounting system, so yes there is a chance :)

Disregarding the whole "If the bag has a different name beside the characters name it is a set and therefore doesn´t contain exclusive figs" thinking that doesn´t sound even remotely right seeing how only Brickset calls it Gun Mounting System and multiple sites call it Iron Patriot or "free exclusive LEGO minifig", Iron Patriot is only appearing in Iron Man 3 (or at least it looks like it) so that would be like giving out exclusive General Zod figures with Batman v.s. Superman.

But it would be interesting to see in how far those preorder figs are exclusive since Lex Luthor Battle Armor from last year seems to have been made primarily with Lex in mind and using that piece only for a preorder fig and two CMFs seems stupid.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson