CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

One minor report from the Man of Steel, at least as it relates to Lego. Amazingly once you see the movie, all three of the sets actually come together and make a reasonable amount of sense. (except maybe the weird sideways ladder in Black Zero Escape.). Well done Lego team! The ships actually look just perfect. All of the minifigs nicely match up with the scenes their sets portray. There is even a good place to put the Jor El fig (Black Zero Escape). Overall an outstanding job that avoided all of the Iron Man type confusion.

Didn't sony sell merchandise rights for The Amazing Sider Man to Disney? Does this mean we may see some sets for it's sequel?

Didn't sony sell merchandise rights for The Amazing Sider Man to Disney? Does this mean we may see some sets for it's sequel?

I believe if they did then Lego are within rights to make ranges for either movie! Providing some vile pretender like mega blocks or Ugh... kreo don't get in there first. It sickens me just talking about them. It has been said that the film will have 4 members of the sinister six including green goblin who still wears armour but it is a different style and shape and dark green and black rather than the previous light green from rami's goblin. So 4 villains could make a killer wave of sets!

I posted about this a while back. It all depends on the current Licence with Megabloks. If the licence allows Mega to create sets based around only the first movie, then LEGO should be able to obtain the Licence for the Second and Third installments. However if Mega have a multifilament deal then LEGO will have to wait for it to expire or buy them out of the licence.

I think that this is why LEGO hasn't based any LEGO sets around any Iron man movies before number 3. Mega had the licence to produce them around the Second film and while Mega are not producing current sets around the films, they have it written in the contract that any other company cannot create sets around those properties for a certain amount of time. I still see Iron man 2 Megabloks on shelves so it makes sense to me that LEGO wouldn't want to make sets while those are around.

This is also the reason I think that we haven't got any Superhero Collectable Minifgures. Mega produced a Marvel Superhero range when LEGO CMs became popular. The Range included characters from the cinematic universe and comics.

I posted about this a while back. It all depends on the current Licence with Megabloks. If the licence allows Mega to create sets based around only the first movie, then LEGO should be able to obtain the Licence for the Second and Third installments. However if Mega have a multifilament deal then LEGO will have to wait for it to expire or buy them out of the licence.

I think that this is why LEGO hasn't based any LEGO sets around any Iron man movies before number 3. Mega had the licence to produce them around the Second film and while Mega are not producing current sets around the films, they have it written in the contract that any other company cannot create sets around those properties for a certain amount of time. I still see Iron man 2 Megabloks on shelves so it makes sense to me that LEGO wouldn't want to make sets while those are around.

This is also the reason I think that we haven't got any Superhero Collectable Minifgures. Mega produced a Marvel Superhero range when LEGO CMs became popular. The Range included characters from the cinematic universe and comics.

The sad fact is that mega block's cheap plastic truly basic moulding techniques and lack of realism will never be able to do any marvel film line justice! The colours they used in the amazing Spiderman sets are so bright that they don't even start to resemble the scenes they are modelling (I've seen the pics). I hope lego manage to do The Amazing Spiderman 2 line for all our sake!

Saw man of steel today!!! Was a truly ground-breaking incredible film. Lego's sets are very accurate not a single one doesn't match up with a certain action sequence! Even the figure's costumes for each set are accurate to that certain scenes on which the set is based. There are a few other cool sequences that did not grace Lego form involving Russell Crowe's jor el that were truly breath-taking so that is a bit sad but at least they made a jor el figure in the first place. Kudos Lego! On this line of sets you have really done the film proud, shame the same could not be said about iron man 3!

Saw man of steel today!!! Was a truly ground-breaking incredible film. Lego's sets are very accurate not a single one doesn't match up with a certain action sequence! Even the figure's costumes for each set are accurate to that certain scenes on which the set is based. There are a few other cool sequences that did not grace Lego form involving Russell Crowe's jor el that were truly breath-taking so that is a bit sad but at least they made a jor el figure in the first place. Kudos Lego! On this line of sets you have really done the film proud, shame the same could not be said about iron man 3!

I must agree! I've got to go pick up Black Zero Escape now :D

MoS was decent, I appreciate the ambitious storyline but it felt too much like a propaganda film in some aspects. One Christianity/Jesus reference is fine, but i honestly saw the entire movie as a crucifixion and resurrection story. Can't blame Warner Brothers executives though - Pastors are having sermons about MoS and Christians are a huge market. This aspect of the movie will definitely boost ticket sales for the coming week. They're at war with Marvel and the Avengers after all :tongue:

The Lego sets match up really well with the movie however, and you're right about IM3 (Lego did a horrible horrible job. Malibu Mansion Attack was the only accurate one). They're working on a sequel already for MoS so I'm sure we'll see some more great sets within the next 2-3 years

So do we expect to hear about Thor sets at Comic Con? When will the first rumors leak out? Seems like it will be in the next month, presumably.

So do we expect to hear about Thor sets at Comic Con? When will the first rumors leak out? Seems like it will be in the next month, presumably.

Most likely. They revealed the coming Super Heroes figures for the following year the last two SDCCs, so why not. We should expect a list, if the set(s) are coming in October/November during late mid to late July, judging by the Harry Potter (2010) and Hobbit:AUJ (2012) rumored set list releases.

I must agree! I've got to go pick up Black Zero Escape now :D

I was only going to get that and the Smallville battle but I have since decided due to the pure awesomeness of the metropolis showdown set's subject matter that I just have to get it because of that scene. Its only £10 in Tesco yesterday so maybe I'll pick that up tomorrow. Nice that black zero escape gives you a nice place to display your jor el. Shame no set set on krypton! :hmpf_bad: The scenes with Russell riding the you know what if you've seen the film were just breath-taking!

I was only going to get that and the Smallville battle but I have since decided due to the pure awesomeness of the metropolis showdown set's subject matter that I just have to get it because of that scene. Its only £10 in Tesco yesterday so maybe I'll pick that up tomorrow. Nice that black zero escape gives you a nice place to display your jor el. Shame no set set on krypton! :hmpf_bad: The scenes with Russell riding the you know what if you've seen the film were just breath-taking! Don't worry no spoilers here.

Someone mentioned in this thread that we will be seeing more Iron Man 3 sets, is this true?

MoS was decent, I appreciate the ambitious storyline but it felt too much like a propaganda film in some aspects. One Christianity/Jesus reference is fine, but i honestly saw the entire movie as a crucifixion and resurrection story. Can't blame Warner Brothers executives though - Pastors are having sermons about MoS and Christians are a huge market. This aspect of the movie will definitely boost ticket sales for the coming week. They're at war with Marvel and the Avengers after all :tongue:

Can you explain the Christianity aspects of the movie? (In spoilers of course :P)

Someone mentioned in this thread that we will be seeing more Iron Man 3 sets, is this true?

Can you explain the Christianity aspects of the movie? (In spoilers of course :P)

I haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but the whole Superman/Christian thing has been around for years.

The whole man gives his only son to humanity, who can perform incredible feets. Even in Superman Returns there's a shot of superman with clouds and the sun behind him, at which point Jor el says ' I give them you my only son'.

In my view the whole God thing is very present in the DC universe. Most of the Justice League (except Batman and Cyborg) are Gods pretending to be Humans.

Superman is very similar to Jesus

Wonder Woman daughter of Zeus

Aquaman king of Atlantis

While Green Lantern, Flash and Shazam bare no resemblance to any religion, they all have either God like powers or Magical abilities.

Also the whole Man of Steel sets being very representative and the Iron man ones not being, is more down to Marvel than LEGO. I don't even LEGO knew about the twist.

Grant Morrison's JLA was heavily based on the pantheon of Greek Gods - http://www.comicvine...-142643/?page=2

The "Superman as Jesus" symbolism is interesting, as he's also been viewed as an analog of Moses (his parents sent him to safety in a "basket" (rocket) etc.)

Edited by Hellbelly

Grant Morrison's JLA was heavily based on the pantheon of Greek Gods - http://www.comicvine...-142643/?page=2

The "Superman as Jesus" symbolism is interesting, as he's also been viewed as an analog of Moses (his parents sent him to safety in a "basket" (rocket) etc.)

Superman's creators were jewish art students, I think. I wonder what they would think of him being moulded in pure, ABS awsomeness, if they could only see him now?

What is any of this talk about gods matching up with super heroes etc., to do with actual sets or rumours there of ..........doesn't that talk belong else where ? :look:

What is any of this talk about gods matching up with super heroes etc., to do with actual sets or rumours there of ..........doesn't that talk belong else where ? :look:

Please report it next time so that a moderator can take care of it.

All of you need to take this to a thread in Culture and Multimedia or to PMs, please. There's no need for the discussion here even spoilered since it has nothing to do with the sets.

I agree! Talk about the sets people. Ideology has no place here. On another note picked up metropolis showdown today, small set but nice and it gives you superman and zod which are my first man of steel figures not counting jor el! I think the best way to display this one is to have zod wielding the girder at superman and the car looking topsy turvy with superman in a leaned forward position on a piece used for the cosmic cube to give the illusion of hovering plus the leg at the back covers it up so you really get a nice illusion. Will definitely pick up black zero escape next week. My only complaint with these sets is Zod's armour/hair problem it really is quite a bother as zod rarely wears his helmet in the movie and mostly wears armour with his head and hair showing. I also wish we had got different variations of zod's armour as the one he wears on earth is not the same as krypton one. Apart from that I'm satisfied that the movie was represented faithfully in the sets. If there had been more space for more sets then I would've liked to see two more. One set on krypton as surprisingly a lot of action goes on there. Also a larger one to properly recreate the final action sequence although metropolis showdown is mostly correct but just only a tiny section.

I am actually most impressed with how well the 3 Man of Steel sets match up to details in the movies. Far more so than Iron Man 3. Even something simple like Zod not having his armor or cape in the small Metropolis showdown set. That actually synchs up with the movie, and is not simply that the small set didn't get the extras. The Ship from the Smallville set is probably one of Lego's more screen accurate renditions. Far more so than I was expecting. (Still no reasonable explanation for the flick fire missile battery in the Black Zero Escape set however)

Edited by Faefrost

I am actually most impressed with how well the 3 Man of Steel sets match up to details in the movies. Far more so than Iron Man 3. Even something simple like Zod not having his armor or cape in the small Metropolis showdown set. That actually synchs up with the movie, and is not simply that the small set didn't get the extras. The Ship from the Smallville set is probably one of Lego's more screen accurate renditions. Far more so than I was expecting. (Still no reasonable explanation for the flick fire missile battery in the Black Zero Escape set however)

No explanation no. I suppose they did a pretty good job with the sets and nobody is perfect so I'll overlook the ladder and flick fire system in that set.

After seeing Man of Steel, here are some comments about the sets, the Battle of Smallville ship should have a grey dome instead of a glass one, the ship itself is much bigger and is more like a drop ship with the entrance in the back , but other than those few things the ship looks like the one in the movie.

Black zero Escape: the escape pod sides should have hinges that turn the sides into wings and that plateform should be an escape pod dock

I don't have anything to say about Metropolis Showdown.

Found this pic in a Canadian ToysR Us flyer. The sale starts Friday June 21st. Now let's see if they actually have them in stock or if they replace them with another polybag. I'm going to ask my buddy at TRU to check the stockroom tomorrow just to verify that its actually there.

c14aaaea-1c24-4f64-8977-c46f86f672a9_zpsa9d947de.jpg

Edited by thatblockoguy

Interesting. It's an ok polybag, but I think I'm getting sick of the same red suit Robin in every set; this would have been a good opportunity to give a new suit print.