CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Exactly my point! That would make sense. Country exclusives (especially of such a main character) just don't work because so many people don't get the figure and those that do mostly put them on ebay!!!!!! Bilbo baggins of the hobbit for example. Tell you what though i'd be more upset about iron patriot then baggins considering other versions of bilbo were availiable and patriot is unique.

Yeah! Patriot is not a recoloured WM really. He is a unique suit as much as you would think that the 42 is different from the 7. Do LEGO not think that it will 'sell' over here???

Perhaps not. Let us hope that they do a worldwide one on this as i would be exceedingly annoyed if i had to pay £20+ to get this figure from ebay. My collection would feel incomplete without it. I would happily buy the game on PC like i did with dc universe with lex to get patriot from amazon.co.uk or play or whoever in the uk is stocking it etc. I personally think that the game looks outstanding (iron mans voice notwithstanding).

Edited by legofreak86

Perhaps. Let us hope that they do a worldwide one on this as i would be exceedingly annoyed if i had to pay £20+ to get this figure from ebay. My collection would feel incomplete without it. I would happily buy the game on PC like i did with dc universe with lex to get patriot from amazon.co.uk or play or whoever in the uk is stocking it etc. I personally think that the game looks outstanding (iron mans voice notwithstanding).

As I mentioned earlier;'' Is anyone like me in hoping LEGO don't release an Iron Patriot minifigure now? I mean, I would have liked one in the sets but the chances of one now are likely to be an exclusive or rarity of some kind which means my collection will be incomplete. I'd rather be safe in he knowledge that, whilst LEGO didn't release a key character, my IM3 collection is 100% completed. ''

As I mentioned earlier;'' Is anyone like me in hoping LEGO don't release an Iron Patriot minifigure now? I mean, I would have liked one in the sets but the chances of one now are likely to be an exclusive or rarity of some kind which means my collection will be incomplete. I'd rather be safe in he knowledge that, whilst LEGO didn't release a key character, my IM3 collection is 100% completed. ''

Good point. Better to believe your collection is complete than have to be plagued with the fact that it won't ever be due to the fact that you'll never be able to get hold of the last figure. Personally after seeing iron man 3 i found lego's sets slightly lacking compared to the truly amazing movie scenes. (i have the seaport chase and the mansion).

Good point. Better to believe your collection is complete than have to be plagued with the fact that it won't ever be due to the fact that you'll never be able to get hold of the last figure. Personally after seeing iron man 3 i found lego's sets slightly lacking compared to the truly amazing movie scenes. (i have the seaport chase and the mansion).

The Sea-Port chase wasn't in the movie...

I think you two are over reacting.

We know very little about this pre-order. All we know is that wallmart broke the news. I see no reason why LEGO wouldn't release this figure in the EU just like they did with Lex and Elrond.

Both of those bonuses were available in HMV, Tesco's, Game and many other UK stores. In fact I still see them in stores in the special cardboard box. Until we know more I have no reason to believe that Iron Patriot won't be available worldwide.

Thinking about the Exculsive figure in the LEGO games, I can see a patern with the figure selected.

So far all the Figures are variants of existing Minifigures.

POTC Jack Sparrow- Voodoo Jack Sparrow doll

Lex Luthor- power suit Lex Luthor

Elrond-Elrond second age.

Rhodey Warmachine- Iron Patriot Rhodey

Admitted Elrond is different as the Exculsive figure came before the set version, however it seems that LEGO prefer variants than new Characters.

I think you two are over reacting.

We know very little about this pre-order. All we know is that wallmart broke the news. I see no reason why LEGO wouldn't release this figure in the EU just like they did with Lex and Elrond.

Both of those bonuses were available in HMV, Tesco's, Game and many other UK stores. In fact I still see them in stores in the special cardboard box. Until we know more I have no reason to believe that Iron Patriot won't be available worldwide.

In my eyes, I was discussing POBs as a general thing, nut just the IP minifig.

GAME in the UK might carry IP as well, seeing as they carried Lex, Elrond, and I believe Chase McCain.

Edited by Lance

When are you supposed to submit your pre-order to guarantee you get the figure with it? I can't imagine that they would have us pre-order it now?

Oh Jor el's face print looks great! It's a real shame superman didn't get an unique cavill print....

Oh Jor el's face print looks great! It's a real shame superman didn't get an unique cavill print....

Superman did get a cavill print, there's small differences, but the problem is Cavill has the generic Superman face.

GAME in the UK might carry IP as well, seeing as they carried Lex, Elrond, and I believe Chase McCain.

Yes! I forgot about game, the one in High Wycombe which is closest to me is still open! Win! Or was it an online thing?

In my eyes, I was discussing POBs as a general thing, nut just the IP minifig.

Even general though its not too bad. The only exclusive figures ( not including Comic con or toy fair exclusives. As those are exclusive to an event and not a country) are in DVD's. As far as I know their are only 3 of those as well Vader with medal, Clark Kent and Blue Bilbo. Out of all of those only the Clark Kent interests me. The rest are really just variants that either don't appear in any of the films ( medal with Vader ), or have the possibility of appearing in sets guy hot down the line ( Bilbo in blue appears in Hobbit part 2, according to set pics). Plus with Clark Kent the film isn't even available in the UK at the moment, so its possible that he could appear in a few months.

Iron Patriot looks great ... and game is probably as good as other Lego games. The only problem is that Walmart ships only to adresses with 5-place zip number ... And I don't want to know, how expensive it will be on Ebay.

Superman did get a cavill print, there's small differences, but the problem is Cavill has the generic Superman face.

No, he got a new expression but the face is the same.

Edited by deskp

Agreed it really looks like russell crowe!!! About time he got a minfigure. I bet lego fans who like javert in les miserables 2012 (who was played by crowe) are rejoicing that there is an official crowe head. it might even be double sided with an angry face or even if it is single sided. the face is brilliantly done with all the grey highlights and brown in his beard and the lines under his eyes to add an emotion. (Russell crowe is big on emotion). Great to have Jor El as i thought that he would not get a figure even though i think he is gonna be great in the film.

Edited by legofreak86

Brickipedia claims that the Lego Batman movie will be availiable over here as it shows a price of £24.99 and the bbfc have classified some of the special features on the disc so i would be suprised if it didn't show up in the uk at some point soon after the USA release.

The Iron patriot polybag and figure look awesome, hopefully game in the uk will have them available :classic:

Darn, I'm really glad Iron Patriot is a preorder figure, like I thought, but I'm kind of upset it's just for the console versions. I was planning to preorder the DS version if he was the bonus (and I don't really care where that preorder was from, the the fact that it's Wal Mart and not GameStop doesn't bother me too much). Does anybody think it might be for the DS version too, and maybe that will be seen later, or maybe will I be able to get Iron Patriot at Wal Mart without preordering the game? I don't know if they've ever done this before, so I don't know if he'd be able to be found with other polybags after a while at the stores. :sceptic:

When are you supposed to submit your pre-order to guarantee you get the figure with it? I can't imagine that they would have us pre-order it now?

Wait until they mention the Patriot in the product description. It´s not like they are going to sell out of preorders and when you order to early it may turn out that you have to tick some box and now you only get the game without the fig.

Agreed it really looks like russell crowe!!! About time he got a minfigure. I bet lego fans who like javert in les miserables 2012 (who was played by crowe) are rejoicing that there is an official crowe head. it might even be double sided with an angry face or even if it is single sided. the face is brilliantly done with all the grey highlights and brown in his beard and the lines under his eyes to add an emotion. (Russell crowe is big on emotion). great to have Jor El as i thought that he would not get a figure even though i think he is gonna be great in the film.

I would have liked him to have somewhat closed eyes like he always has and maybe some lines next to his nose like the Snape fig has. But he is near enough nonetheless.

I don't think there's any reason why the iron patriot would be USA exclusive. It doesn't say so in the article

Exactly, for several games now we have had pre-order bonus figs. I would have expected him as a regional bonus only on 4th of July S@H promo or for the IM3 DVD release. But the game is pretty much a confirmation that he will be worldwide.

Well shoot. I guess that means I'm not getting an Iron Patriot. :cry_sad: I don't have a gaming system that can play the game nor am I going to shell out big money on Ebay. That makes me sad.

I would try to get the game with preorder on some kind of discount and just sell the game. The game without the fig sells also pretty well.

This is what should be discussed more than anything. If it wouldn´t be for the Patriot I would have bought the game for half the price or less a few months later on Ebay. Now for me to have the goddamn face of the movie I have to wait half a year longer for a completely unrelated game, that I most certainly have to import from Britain since the Preorder figs were all exclusive to PS3 in Germany. Warmachine would have made much more sense. Or even an earlier version of the Iron Man suit like Mark 3 or 2.

I really miss the times when LEGO simply was to lazy to do another ROTS Anakin fig without the headset and nobody got him. You could stretch your back all you like, you never ever got him. But taking major characters and making them exclusive to a product, to a videogame console, to a country. It´s like you intentionally sabotage your sales or want to make kids miserable and have them to paint your toys.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Yes finally, I hope this comes down to Australia. I am a little worried as to which one EB Games will have. I will contact them to find out.

There are a lot of upset people. I think the most important thing to remember is: It's just a toy...

Although I'm sure I will get bashed because I live in the US and we do get some exclusives. With that said, I don't see any reason why this figure wouldn't also be available elsewhere. Now for the people that don't have consoles, I can understand the frustration. Not everyone plays the LEGO video games (or video games in general), but still want to collect the LEGO figures. I do have a console and I will pre-order this because of the figure. Without the figure I would wait months until it bottoms out in price. I'm glad it isn't a GameStop pre-order actually because I didn't like their customer service with the LOTR game.

But I'm glad we are getting this figure. After that teaser of Iron Man 3 poster with all the suit variants, I was hoping for getting one. And it doesn't disappoint.