CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Is there any connection with the ultimate spider man cartoon characters, and the 2005 ultimate spider man game?

Very little, since both are based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comic books, but while the videogame follows the canon very closely, the cartoon mostly makes up its own canon which is only very loosely based on the comics and other media. But this is not the place to discuss the show.

I cannot wait to get my hands on that War Machine and Pepper! But the Mandarin looks really hideous, and not in a good way. I think a new hair/beard combo piece would look so much better.

I cannot wait to get my hands on that War Machine and Pepper! But the Mandarin looks really hideous, and not in a good way. I think a new hair/beard combo piece would look so much better.

I personally think that Dwalin's beard would look much better.

Ugh...I HATE TOYS R US!!! I went down to my local one today (looking for something else) and happened to wander down the LEGO aisle. I looked around noticing the usual ridiculous price increases ($95 for the Quinjet?!?!? WTF?!?!?). Anyway, upon closer inspection I noticed price tags for the IM3 sets. They had a pretty small markup plus $20 off a $75 purchase, but the sets weren't on the shelves. :( So I went to the Customer Service desk to check out and asked the younger lady working there if she could please check thier back room inventory for LEGO Iron Man 3. Instead, being the lazy "you-know-what" the typical, useless workers at my TRU are, she just checks the website to see if thry're "in-stock".

Of course, the only results that appeared were the two Avengers sets. I have been shopping at TRU for years, and I know the difference between their store stock program and the store website. I tried explaining this to her, but she insisted that this was all she could do. So, I requested the manager, to which she replied "They're all busy." So, i bought what I had and stormed out of the store with "Have a nice day ringing in my ears". Now, I know they had them in the back as the price tags were out, so don't give me any of this "We don't have it", TRU. AGH!!! I was so close to having them. SMH

I personally think that Dwalin's beard would look much better.

Yeah but Dwalin's beard is a wrap around .

Mandarin's torso barely matches the film version, which make me think that Lego was given concept art and early pics. back when the Manadrin was supposed to be more Asian looking and not what Ben decided he should look like. And possibly he had a longer beard and different hair.

You don't mean the US do you?! If so, boy do I need to get the ball!

Those Iron Man sets well be mine! Bwahhhhhhh!

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

The CMF fisherman short beard would probably have worked best out of all the beards Lego have.

The CMF fisherman short beard would probably have worked best out of all the beards Lego have.

I posted a picture of what I thought he should've looked like a few pages ago.. No one seemed to pay attention to it.

-Sci

I posted a picture of what I thought he should've looked like a few pages ago.. No one seemed to pay attention to it.

-Sci

I agree, that's what i thought the mandarin would look like, but i kinda like how he look, a mix between the movie and the comics.

Why didn't LEGO print dark red on pale gold for the torso and legs for Iron Man's Mk 42? I think it would have looked a whole lot more movie accurate that way :sceptic:

Why didn't LEGO print dark red on pale gold for the torso and legs for Iron Man's Mk 42? I think it would have looked a whole lot more movie accurate that way :sceptic:

They probably didn't know. I've seen some toys that have him like the Lego version.

That's what I am chalking it up to as well. That's the only excuse I can give them for Mk 42 and the Mandarin :sick:

On another note: Seeing RDJ at the Academy Awards show solidifies the FACT that he really is the perfect Tony Stark :thumbup: Can't wait to get that minifigure!

Edited by Spider-Man

Is there any connection with the ultimate spider man cartoon characters, and the 2005 ultimate spider man game?

Minimally at best,a nd mostly only in some design aesthetics. The Ultimate Spiderman Cartoon draws more from Marvels Ultimate series of books, the best and biggest being Ultimate Spider man. But even then there is a lot of deviation. About the only similarities are school age Peter and some ties to Nick Fury.

CBMM1 - That's why I don't shop there, even with exclusives. But if I were you, I would have just walked out instead of buying what I had. In the end, they still win because they received your money.

On another note, even if they have the tags for them, it doesn't mean they have them or will sell them. Maybe they are just making sure they have a placeholder for them when they are officially released? That is really early for them to release them compared to the street date of March 7th I heard?

Either way, I'd wait until other retailers get them before spending extra money at TRU.

Holy... schmoly!

Looks awesome indeed. Really bulky :devil:

Speaking of bulkiness, I hope to see a Hulkbuster-armor in the movies sometime. But that probably won't be until Avengers 3 or something.

Would be cool to see a LEGO-version as well :drool:

Regards,

Mitch

michealmgf just did a review on the sea port and he pointed out what no other reviewer has, the faces for killian and the soilder gitd.

When I visited the site I was greeted with a topless WW pulling her panties down........ hope that makes it into a set!

Someone posted the real suit in the comments. Looks great. And a space suit?

Holy... schmoly!

Looks awesome indeed. Really bulky :devil:

Speaking of bulkiness, I hope to see a Hulkbuster-armor in the movies sometime. But that probably won't be until Avengers 3 or something.

Would be cool to see a LEGO-version as well :drool:

Regards,

Mitch

I think it was implied somewhere in the text on that page, that the Space Armor and Hulkbuster may appear in the background somewhere. Probably in the Hall of Armor / workshop.

I think the Glow in the Dark Heads are not necessary, but they're nice anyway.

By The Way, is there any chance that we'll see more sets this year because I know last year we didn't find out about a couple of sets until about a Month until there release?

If you scroll down the link there are pictures of the Hulkbuster armor and the Space Suit :wub: I really wish LEGO made those suits!

I think the Glow in the Dark Heads are not necessary, but they're nice anyway.

By The Way, is there any chance that we'll see more sets this year because I know last year we didn't find out about a couple of sets until about a Month until there release?

Apparently the Extremis makes the skin glow green or something like that.

I hope for some sets based on thor: the dark world, but if we do we would find out at comic con

I hope for some sets based on thor: the dark world, but if we do we would find out at comic con

I just assume that we will be getting sets for Thor. I am more interested to see if there are any exclusives that LEGO has been hiding to keep major spoilers from spilling out. I mean Disney/Marvel had those suit pictures removed pretty fast from the website, and we have had sets sneak up on us in the past so I am not losing hope yet!