CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

This basically sums up my thoughts as well.

The thing that bothers me the most about the Comic-Con minifigs isn't the fact that they're exclusive, but the fact that there were four exclusives - making it almost impossible for someone to get all of them, even if they attended the convention.

Well you can't make it too easy for them can you.!! Getting one figure would have me pretty stoked seeing as we in the UK don't get anything like this. I'd love to go to SDCC but just can't afford it. I think there will be more focus on XMen soon though, yes the Wolverine film may be a good time to release but the sets as already discussed won't be film versions and will be more comic book like the Wolverine Chopper set. Which suits me down to the ground

This basically sums up my thoughts as well.

The thing that bothers me the most about the Comic-Con minifigs isn't the fact that they're exclusive, but the fact that there were four exclusives - making it almost impossible for someone to get all of them, even if they attended the convention.

I agree wholeheartedly. Two was difficult enough in 2011, but four? That's just daunting!! I wish I would have done this, but people were willing to buy the minifigures from winners anywhere from $20-60. I'd pay $20 all day long to complete my sets and even help out boardies. Not sure why I didn't think of it before, but the con takes a toll on people. haha

W/ regards to the newly shown figures, I think it's easy to say that Lego is still holding a few cards back and they're not showing their hand.

My thoughts on the figures:

Venom:His torso is the same as the black spiderman, but his head is kinda weird. You all know what I'm going to do... :tongue:

Nova:His helmet is quite nice, and his torso could be used for sci-fi minifigures. Not too good, but not the worst.

Nick fury:Not the avengers version, but you could give him a black coat.

J.Jonah Jameson:His torso doesn't have fleshy printing, so it's perfect for town minifigures.

Dr. Doom:His face is my favourite part, very good for apoc figures.

Beetle:His face is very useful for insectoids minifigures, and are those new pieces on his back?

Scarecrow:A bit plain, to be honest.

Penguin:Time to live up to my username and say that i like his face! He looks like he's plotting something nasty for batman.

Mr. Freeze:YES! :sing: The Atlantis helmet, my most favourite helmet of all time, has returned! As for the issue of the head, why not swap it with the old head?

Prison joker:More useful-for-town parts! His jumpsuit is FAR better than the old "Mime"( :tongue: ) prison shirt.

Dr. Harleene Quinnzel: Even MORE useful-for-town parts! The costume underneath is nice, and you can just brasso it off(Or pretend that the person wearing it just got back from comic-con. :tongue: ).

Commissioner Gordon:Be honest lego, are you making a town theme or a DC theme? :tongue: Look at that SWAT torso, now SWAT minifigures can be made with ease!

TDKR Batman:Not really interested in this one, as it is just an updated version of the 2008 one.

TDKR Bane:the best Bane minifigure of 'em all! Way better than the last ones!(Although he doesn't have the 2007 version's awesome stunt bike :tongue: ).

Aquaman:Look's a bit like a teenage heart throb. :tongue:

White batman:I will eat my hat if he is not included in a set with Mr. Freeze and the Penguin. :grin:

This pretty much confirms Thor: Dark World sets. :sweet:

I don't doubt that there will be, but how is it confirmed at all by that picture? It's just a mural...

I don't doubt that there will be, but how is it confirmed at all by that picture? It's just a mural...

The DC mural shows 3 figures: Batman (confirmed to be coming in his own sets next year), Aqua Man (confirmed to be coming in Batman sets next year) and Super Man (confirmed to be coming in Man of Steel sets next year). For the Marvel mural, they show Spider-Man (confirmed to be coming in Ultimate Spider-Man sets next year), Iron Man 3 (supposedly coming in Iron Man 3 sets next year, which the Brick Show said that they got an email from LEGO and is very plausible) and Thor (since there wont probably be any Avengers sets next year, he must be coming in Thor: Dark World sets). :wink:

Like Clone O'Patra, I don't doubt that there will be sets based on the film. But you're deriving an awful lot from that mural. Don't forget that Lego likes to show current sets/minifigures at conventions. With the exception of Aquaman, all of the Superhero minifigs in the mural are from 2012 sets.

Also, I'd guess Iron-Man, Thor and Superman will all be sporting new suits when the new wave comes out so people will still buy them.

Like Clone O'Patra, I don't doubt that there will be sets based on the film. But you're deriving an awful lot from that mural. Don't forget that Lego likes to show current sets/minifigures at conventions. With the exception of Aquaman, all of the Superhero minifigs in the mural are from 2012 sets.

Also, the Star Wars mural also has only the Rancor pit figures on it... Another 2013 set. :tongue:

Also, the Star Wars mural also has only the Rancor pit figures on it... Another 2013 set. :tongue:

I'm not seeing your point here. The Rancor Pit has actually been announced; Thor: TDW sets haven't. Seems pretty simply to me.

But why would they put iron man amd Thor, who have new movies coming out in 2013, of all the marvel mini figs, on the banner unless they were hinting at something? Plus the star wars banner is featuring a 2013 set, so how do we know the marvel one isn't telling us something? Just a guess though. :tongue:

I'm not seeing your point here. The Rancor Pit has actually been announced; Thor: TDW sets haven't. Seems pretty simply to me.

Here is my response...

But why would they put iron man amd Thor, who have new movies coming out in 2013, of all the marvel mini figs, on the banner unless they were hinting at something? Plus the star wars banner is featuring a 2013 set, so how do we know the marvel one isn't telling us something? Just a guess though. :tongue:

:grin:

Edited by just2good

I get where they're coming from. I think the point is, if they were displaying sets from both 2012 and 2013 then why did the Star Wars only have the Rancor and not some of the 2012 figs? While Iron Man, Spider-Man and Thor are 2012 figs, they will all be appearing the same should they appear next year, and if they're not advertising 2013 sets then you'd think the trio would be something like Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine to showcase all three Marvel subthemes of 2012.

I think the point is, if they were displaying sets from both 2012 and 2013 then why did the Star Wars only have the Rancor and not some of the 2012 figs?.

Not to mention they're only showing The Hobbit, not LOTR. The Hobbit's a 2013 theme too. But, if they are intending to be displaying only 2013 figs...why wouldn't they put more of the new Superheroes figs, rather than Aquaman and a bunch of re-releases?

Either way, I believe we're thinking into it too much. I'm sure we'll get Thor: TDW sets, but this isn't necessarily an indicator for or against them. We shouldn't make predictions based on every little thing. :classic: 

The back and forth on this is amazing. Based on that photo, people can infer what they want from it. It won't change the opposing sides' mind unless TLG straight says it is based on 2013 stuff, or just on stuff that has been released/announced.

Not to mention they're only showing The Hobbit, not LOTR. The Hobbit's a 2013 theme too. But, if they are intending to be displaying only 2013 figs...why wouldn't they put more of the new Superheroes figs, rather than Aquaman and a bunch of re-releases?

Mostly because they're the main villains (Robin is a sidekick) and the theme is called Super Heroes. :sweet:

The back and forth on this is amazing. Based on that photo, people can infer what they want from it. It won't change the opposing sides' mind unless TLG straight says it is based on 2013 stuff, or just on stuff that has been released/announced.

I like where it's going. :laugh:

Lego did say shazam, jean gray, black spidey and bizzaro wont be appearing in any sets but did they say anything about polybags?

Lego did say shazam, jean gray, black spidey and bizzaro wont be appearing in any sets but did they say anything about polybags?

:hmpf:

:hmpf:

Play nice, Sok.

I think what sok meant to say was that polybags are typically considered sets. So this probably means they won't be in those either.

Play nice, Sok.

I think what sok meant to say was that polybags are typically considered sets. So this probably means they won't be in those either.

I see, i dont usually count them as sets.

This is post of the month! :laugh::thumbup:

No, I highly doubt they will be in polybags. :grin:

Oh and yes I got permission from 'theflash' to quote his post in my signature.

Edited by just2good

Zing!

Why is the dkr set not coming out until next year? Wouldn't it have made sense to release it, you know, when the movie comes out. Which is today.

I'm just happy they're making one to be honest :tongue:

I'm just happy they're making one to be honest :tongue:

If we're extremely lucky then we may get two a tiny set and a large one. Although it may be unlikely.