Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

At what point do they stop becoming rumors and people simply saying they hope that "this will be here" and "I hope that will be there". To me that's more of, 'what would you like to see in future sets'.

They shop being discussion of rumors when they are no longer based on a rumor, and these are based on a rumor.

Additionally, if the rumor is about Yoda's Hut. The mention of it being an AOTC set makes no sense, neither does mention of another podracer bucket.

The Clones discussion comes from the possibility of a new Yoda in the Yoda's Hut that could double as a Clones Yoda. The Pod Bucket thing doesn't belong here, but the other half of that post does, and I can't split individual posts.

"As well as the new set we have mentioned there are lots more rumours around. Some sets that have been talked about include a Naboo Royal Starship which featured in the Phantom Menace. Another one could be Magna Guard Starfighter which comes from episode III. Some people have said they would love a remake of the Imperials Star Destroyer, a very popular set in it’s time but maybe one that is due for a makeover. Fans seem to be asking for new sets from Episode III as there aren’t many out there at the moment." - andyoz at hubpages

I dont know how reliable this guy is or if he has heard the chatter but i could go for another ISD!

"As well as the new set we have mentioned there are lots more rumours around. Some sets that have been talked about include a Naboo Royal Starship which featured in the Phantom Menace. Another one could be Magna Guard Starfighter which comes from episode III. Some people have said they would love a remake of the Imperials Star Destroyer, a very popular set in it’s time but maybe one that is due for a makeover. Fans seem to be asking for new sets from Episode III as there aren’t many out there at the moment." - andyoz at hubpages

I dont know how reliable this guy is or if he has heard the chatter but i could go for another ISD!

Ah, perfect timing. This is a good example of a poor rumor. (nothing against you, ablake90, I just want to use this 'rumor' you quoted as an example :classic: )

There is no source for the 'rumor' - he merely says that the sets "have been talked about". Those aren't even rumors, despite what he says. "Some people have said they would love...", "Fans seem to be asking..." - those are examples of wishes, not rumors. This is the kind of 'rumor' and resulting discussion that would belong in Future Star Wars Sets, if you wanted to discuss the desire for such sets.

Ah, perfect timing. This is a good example of a poor rumor. (nothing against you, ablake90, I just want to use this 'rumor' you quoted as an example :classic: )

There is no source for the 'rumor' - he merely says that the sets "have been talked about". Those aren't even rumors, despite what he says. "Some people have said they would love...", "Fans seem to be asking..." - those are examples of wishes, not rumors. This is the kind of 'rumor' and resulting discussion that would belong in Future Star Wars Sets, if you wanted to discuss the desire for such sets.

I have seen the catalogue and it is the A wing we are getting, as well as a new ARC 170, with the jedi with 2 double bladed lightsabers, and also a clone wars yoda with commando droid and a small walker, only got a short look at it and can't remember what else came with the yoda set.

I have seen the catalogue and it is the A wing we are getting, as well as a new ARC 170, with the jedi with 2 double bladed lightsabers, and also a clone wars yoda with commando droid and a small walker, only got a short look at it and can't remember what else came with the yoda set.

ARC-170? I doubt it, we just got one and they don't appear until RotS. (Though it could be a CW one...)

it is a clone wars one, it comes with the 4 armed jedi who has two double bladed lightsabers (havent seen season 4 yet so don't know his name)

Where/how did you see the catalogue? Well, regardless of how you saw it, I can't wait for pictures! Even if the A-Wing and ARC 170 aren't real sets.

it is a clone wars one, it comes with the 4 armed jedi who has two double bladed lightsabers (havent seen season 4 yet so don't know his name)

Sounds like the guy in nrg's icon...

-Sci

I think that 4 armed minifigure would be Pong Krell, and I may be wrong but is it more likely that the ARC-170 is actually the Clone Z-95 featured in the same episodes as Krell?

Pong Krell.

250px-PongKrell-SWE.jpg

I'm not really surprised if we'd really do get sets from the Umbara story arc from last season considering its popularity among the TCW viewers (and probably the lone dark bright spot last season). The walker that you've seen is probably an AT-RT which appeared in the story arc, most likely in the 501st Legion colors with Sergeant Appo (this picture shows Gen. Krell with the 501st AT-RT squad). The ARC-170 however doesn't make much sense to me considering they've just released one back in 2010. :wacko: But hey it sounds interesting and I'd eagerly anticipate how this rumored set would turn-out.

I may be wrong but is it more likely that the ARC-170 is actually the Clone Z-95 featured in the same episodes as Krell?

I think that makes much more sense IMO. 'Hulk_Smash' might've just confused the CW Z-95 with ARC-170. The Z-95 is more plausible considering it has not yet been released in LEGO form and its relatively smaller size is fit for a decent-sized set (Z-95 + AT-RT + Pong Krell + Phase II Clone)

I thought Yoda's Hut was the more likely, but an A-Wing isn't surprising at all considering we've got a new X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Y-Wing, Millennium Falcon, and B-Wing in the past year. I'd bet we'll also see a new TIE Interceptor in this wave or the next.

I would like to see LEGO continue to have multiple sets that combine to make bigger sets. I think that is a great feature of the rancor pit and jabbas palace. I think they can do a lot with this in the future.

Another question: Were there any Phase 2 clone troopers?

I didn't see any, but it was only one page, there could have been more on the next page.

I'd bet we'll also see a new TIE Interceptor in this wave or the next.

We're certainly due, it's been a long time since a TIE Int came out and build-wise you could use the ball cockpit of the current TIE without any modifications (the only difference is in the wings/radiator panels). I've been wanting to do a MOC combining the cockpit with 2 of the 3 wings of a TIE Defender to make my own Interceptor, but I've been too lazy to see it through.

A TIE Interceptor or Bomber are fairly likely in the near future, I think. And remember there was an Interceptor (a red one) in that LEGO design room photo.

As for Pong Krell, there's a four-armed minifig in the Ninjago 9446 Destiny's Bounty set...I wonder if they'll make him similarly. Nothing all that wrong with that really since he's very tall, taller than his clones.

And looking at it I can see why one would confuse the clone Z-95 with the ARC-170, they're actually very similar in appearance.

Edited by Bellicose

Yay! The rumors list! :cry_happy: But no new Yoda? :hmpf_bad: However, the CW Yoda could be placeholder for a new Yoda. :cry_happy:

It could be the z-95, and the AT-RT is a seperate set with Yoda and a commando droid

:wacko: Did Yoda ever fight commando droids?

But no new Yoda? :hmpf_bad: However, the CW Yoda could be placeholder for a new Yoda. :cry_happy:

Exactly my thought.

I think there was an ep in season 4 with yoda and commando droids.

I don't remember Yoda ever fighting in season four. :sceptic:

I don't remember season 4.

It's still not been shown in the UK. Going to make it that bit harder to sell merchandise based off it, too.