Sign in to follow this  
Hammerstein NWC

Zombie Abe Lincoln, New President of the USA

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post this - wasn't sure. This was designed as a newspaper atricle. Please accept my apologies if any of the details are just plain wrong, but I am a brit. Learning what I did about the US political system was quite interesting, the History about Abe Lincoln and the political parties was also quite new to me... I didn't realise he was a vampire hunter so I don't suppose it matters if in the future he is a zombie... I wrote a whole timeline thing about how zombies were able to think and such but I don't imagine that it would add much to the MOC... :)

Description follows.

7497181576_e54d9a0bee_o.jpg

November 8th 2065

PRESIDENT RE-ELECTED!

By Roving reporter R. Hauge

The American people have spoken! Commentators are crediting the recent landmark decision to give the Undead the vote for an unprecedented turnout of voters both new and old. The Republicans have been accused of leaving no stone unturned to "dig up" a winning candidate. It was thought that outgoing President Malia-Ann Obama (who many credit with averting the undead apocalypse with her policies of inclusion and pro unlife) would be unassailable as she seemed to have secured the "underground" vote. But in a masterstroke bringing back the Republicans most popular ex president, has led to the Undead switching their allegiance to "Old Abe".

With some Political Pundits declaring Obama's career dead and buried, but at time of going to press She was unavailable for comment. It is understood however that she believes the massive undead turnout may have affected attendance by the living at voting stations.

Our new President is looking forward to meeting with the governments think tank, he was keen to endorse recently reconstituted Vice President JFK.The President intends to abolish the zombie Slavery laws still prevalent in the South and is urgently looking a the nationwide rationing legislation. Living on Dead and Dead on living violence will also be dealt with in much stricter terms. Many have requested the reinstatement of the death and re-death penalty.

America is waking up to a new dawn...

(edited to sort out some grammatical and cut and paste errors :) ).

Very original, very funny.....great work on the vig 'Hammerstein NWC' ! :wink:

Fantastic Abe Lincoln look-alike too....but where is John Wilkes Booth ? :devil:

Brick On with Zombie's 'Hammerstein NWC' ! :grin:

Hey! the article was written on my birthday! :laugh: But really, great job! I did notice a girl in the middle of all of the zombies, kind of freaking out. Made me laugh.

Great MOC!

~Puck ;)

Edited by Puck

Made my day.... :laugh: The story's what makes it, but the scene is nice as well!

Hey! the article was written on my birthday! :laugh: But really, great job! I did notice a girl in the middle of all of the zombies, kind of freaking out. Made me laugh.

Great MOC!

~Puck ;)

It's my birthday on thatdate too!! :)

I noticed from research that the President can often be named around then so thought hey why not make it personal. :)

Edited by Hammerstein NWC

The build is great, but what really got me was the story. Inspired. The little cliques and tongue in cheek jokes were perfect!

Really well done :thumbup:

... Do I dare ask how you posed your arms? did you just shove the arm into the socket? :blush:

Thanks Guys for all the positive feedback!

Si - Im glad you enjoyed the jokes! I tried to make it funny and hoped people would pick up on some of the little things I put in the story. I tried to imagine a world were Zombies weren't just a pest and where the liberal minded people would try to integrate them into society regardless of the obvious dangers.

The arms are aftermarket parts called Crazy arms! V&A Steamworks (Guy) from Flickr makes them. They are literally my favorite "custom" piece out there!