_shaddow_

Robin Motorcycle

After finally getting to play a few hours with LEGO Batman 2, I decided to do, using LDD, Robin's main vehicle, his "motorcycle". Using pictures I took from the game with various angles, I came up with this :

batman-2-robin-motorcycle-35aa39d.png

The design is pretty accurate to the game, and I'm pretty sure I got the build mainly right. The only part I'm not sure about is the section between the front of the seat and the wheel. The game model itself is not very clear about that part, and the final result is pretty much identical to the model, anyway.

There is a couple of problem though : First, the main frame may not be that solid using real pieces. It won't be too fragile, but It would be a good idea to reinforce the seat using a 2 * 4 plate, so the back part with the cokpit part is reinforced too, since it's only sitting on two studs. The other problem is simply the availability of the pieces. While the 1 * 1 with clip on top in transparent was pretty obvious, I'm sad the 1 * 2 slope with grill isn't available in green. The last problem with the pieces is the actual wheel. The piece used in the game and in my LDD model is the version with a circular hole. However the only version of the piece available in red is the cross-shaped hole version.

I don't know if the second wave of 2012 sets will bring us the piece I need, but I really like the model and want to see it come to life. If not, I might want to find a customiser who can mold the parts in the right color. Hope you enjoyed the model, I'll try to buy the pieces I need to build it as soon as possible.

... yeah, Robin definitely needs a vehicle.

Edited by _shaddow_

Looks good. While it might not be accurate, I would remove the green tile and green cheese grater and cover the whole side with a plate or tile or whatever, cleaning up the sides a bit :wink:

Edited by prateek

Looks nice! If you could find a picture of it from the game, that would be nice. But I can see Robin driving this!

My brother and I played a few levels of Lego Batman 2 together, so I had to send him a link to this MOC right away. (He always wanted to play as Robin.)  He loved your creation! I like how accurate it is to the game. I might have to buy the pieces to build this for him.

Looks good. While it might not be accurate, I would remove the green tile and green cheese grater and cover the whole side with a plate or tile or whatever, cleaning up the sides a bit :wink:

I can see why you want to modify the front, but I do like the shape of the technic beam. The transparent cheese are actually used as front lights in the game, too, so since they do have a purpose, i have kind of hard time replacing them. Anyway, thanks for your comment !

Looks nice! If you could find a picture of it from the game, that would be nice. But I can see Robin driving this!

Thanks. For the picture, sure, here you go. It's not good quality as it's one of the pics I've taken to use as reference material, but I couldn't find any pics on the internet.

img_0982-35accf0.jpg

My brother and I played a few levels of Lego Batman 2 together, so I had to send him a link to this MOC right away. (He always wanted to play as Robin.)  He loved your creation! I like how accurate it is to the game. I might have to buy the pieces to build this for him.

Thanks for your comment. As I've said, sadly, some pieces aren't available, so it might prove difficult to make it as close as possible to the in-game model.

Does anyone knows if the next wave will bring us either the wheel in red or the grill slope in medium green ? (or whatever the regular green is called).

Looks good, can't wait to see other LDD MOCS from the game. Would be cool to see the Joker Robot or even the Batboat :classic:

looks cool. the only issue I see is that robin might not be able to grip the handles cos the game models arms are bent in a way thats impossible for normal minifigs

I'm sad the 1 * 2 slope with grill isn't available in green.

... yeah, Robin definitely needs a vehicle.

I love it! I so want one on my shelf. As far as the green slopes. Yellow might be a character appropriate alternate color? Those are pretty common from the Alien Conquest sets. They also make those in Lime Green. I'm just not sure how good that would look.

Really though, It's extremely hard to find instructions for this thing, even though a few different people have made it. It would be crazy cool of you to send some instructions or the LDD file our way.