on amazon.de but iam not sure if the seller is shipping worldwide and on the us site of amazon i didnt found a seller for this tires

@ timslegos: Efferman bought his 3rd-party tires from ANSMANN Racing, which has many European distributors but none in the USA. RC4WD in the USA has many 1.9" (48 mm) diameter tires. There are some that are close to the "target" dimensions that Efferman used:

108mm outer diameter x 37mm width x 48mm inner diameter, or 4.25"x1.45" - 1.9" . The width of Lego 44772 Wheel = 34mm .

I was thinking of getting two pairs of these Mickey Thompson 1.9 Baja MTZ Scale Tires for the upcoming 9398 4x4 Crawler set:

DSC_09811.jpg

"Product Specifications:

OD: 4.19inch (106.5mm)

Width: 1.44inch (37mm)

Inner Diameter: 1.9" (48mm)

Advanced X2 SS Compound (Super Soft & Super Sticky)"

If you're looking for RC Hobby Tires in US, here you have thousands to look into, from tenths of manufacturers. :classic:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=Tires

Challenge is to find those which fit into LEGO wheels...

Otherwise you have always an alternative and buy 12mm hex RC hobby wheel adapters for Technic, from 'Brick Machine Shop' at BrickLink.

http://www.bricklink.com/storeDetail.asp?catID=S43&b=-8363229&h=142678

@ Conchas: Good info! :classic: With the links you provided, it should be possible to buy LARGE-DIAMETER Lego-compatible tires that are suitable for many BIG MOCs (not just Rock Crawlers).

I narrowed the search on the TowerHobbies website to just "Tires 1.9" to see what 1.9" (48mm) RC tires could possibly fit on the common Lego 44772 wheels. There are some interesting tread patterns!

Edited by DLuders

@Efferman

Did you take the pictures on the first post yourself, or are these taken by someone else and posted at Amazon webiste?

I'm asking it because I bought a set of tires and they don't seem to fit exactly as in the images. Although they are not not that much different.

The LEGO wheels are a bit larger than the ANSMANN bead lock wheels.

So if you fit the tire in the wheel sleeve, I get a kind of deformed balloon effect. If I fit them in the inner part the wheels protrude from the tire a bit and doesn't look exactly as in the photos.

From the first photo it seems the tire may be fit only from one side. Even though it also doesn't look exactly the same.

Another possibility that I've not tried yet is to put something inside around the wheel to better fill the space between the wheel and the foam from the tire, stretching the tire and decreasing the deformed balloon effect.

i have made the pictures and load them on amazon to show lego fans that it fits.

i dont use the wheel sleeve and dont use aditional parts. i moved the inner diameter of the two tire walls together to get a more slender look

Ya, after pulling here and there I think I got exactly the same effect. :thumbup::sweet:

The tire rim is just next the wheel sleeve on both sides (so not in the sleeve) and it looks great!

The tire rubber is a lot softer than used on LEGO tires (which is almost like plastic) and the tread is quite deeper. That's why the grip is a lot better and performs that good.

The rubber is so soft that I guess you can't use the tires without the supplied inner foam.

As for the tires you bought with steal rims, where the tire is glued to the rim, there are many videos on YouTube that teach how to take them apart.

Basically you need to bake them or to put them in boiled water, to avoid damaging the tire when pulling the tires out.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mxnRwRaora0

thank you very much conchas for this vids, and i have tried it. unfortunately it seems that ansmann has used an different type of glue which is heat resistant. i couldnt remove the tires from the rims.

What I'd like know is some mid/low profile RC tires with tread patterns like Goodyear Eagle F1 or Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1

goodyeareaglef1gsd3.jpgdirezza_sport_z1_starspec.jpg

Some that fit 44772 LEGO wheels, but even better if we can find some for the larger 22969 wheels. :sweet:

Problem is that websites selling RC spare parts, don't use to provide detailed info about wheel profile and dimensions the fit the tires. So one has to have them in hands to check if the fit. :sad:

efferman, your Ansmann tires look good on the unimog!

unimog.jpg

I love them! :wub::thumbup:

I ordered a set of Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires for future use on the 9398 4x4 Crawler, and will let folks know how they fit on the 9398's 44772 wheels when they arrive in the mail. The Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires (pictured below) are reportedly "The most detailed, scale looking and tallest 1.9 tires available to date, manufactured with advanced rubber mold technology and compound." :cry_happy:

SPECIFICATIONS

•Outer Diameter: 4.5" (114mm)

•Width: 1.75" (45mm)

•Inner Diameter: 1.9" (48mm)

•Advanced X3 Compound[/b]

They are a full 1/2" taller than the Lego Power Puller tires. :grin:

RL1.9-03.jpg

What I'd like know is some mid/low profile RC tires with tread patterns like Goodyear Eagle F1 or Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1

goodyeareaglef1gsd3.jpgdirezza_sport_z1_starspec.jpg

Some that fit 44772 LEGO wheels, but even better if we can find some for the larger 22969 wheels. :sweet:

Problem is that websites selling RC spare parts, don't use to provide detailed info about wheel profile and dimensions the fit the tires. So one has to have them in hands to check if the fit. :sad:

Wanna improve grip at wet surface or beat Nurburgring? :tongue:

Terribly sorry but im an ansmann hater :thumbdown:

LOve the idea though .

Hot bodies rover white 1.9's may work and they would perform much better .

I run sedona's on mu crawler's

DSC02957.jpg

well, they may better berform, but my first intention to search for other tires, is the look. kornis posting says everything and a project of a doktor brick member shows it again.

Edited by efferman

efferman, your Ansmann tires look good on the unimog!

unimog.jpg

I love them! :wub::thumbup:

What are you trying to do to me people? :tongue:

I love these tyres so much I think i'm waving bye bye to total lego purism and bye bye to my money too :laugh:

I love these tyres so much I think i'm waving bye bye to total lego purism....:laugh:

It's refreshing to see that Technic AFOLs are being "open minded" about using non-Lego parts in their models. When one buys a Jeep from the dealership, it may come with small Michelin tires but if you want to increase the Jeep's PERFORMANCE, you may get some specialized Mickey Thompson offroad tires. It's still a Jeep either way.

Even though The Lego Group is the #1 tire manufacturer (by volume) in the world, they don't have that great a selection of large tires. There are MANY alternatives out there! :classic:

It's refreshing to see that Technic AFOLs are being "open minded" about using non-Lego parts in their models.

Well, I consider myself somewhat of a purist, but these tyres don't bother me.

WHat used to really tick me off though is in the early 2000s when folks would post Technic/Mindstorms "MOCs" that were crammed with Hobbyist RC parts, or customized RC/robotics stuff.

Good thing Power Functions came out.

The third-party tires are better because the tread is so much deeper and wider. It's especially so on the edges, so those tires can grip the cracks and crevices much better than a Lego tire.